Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Cat" Usyk vs "Rocky" Marciano in a war: who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 'b' View Post
    Lol. few factors I'll go through (I'm drunk af)). Usyk is overrated, I agree. He was being outboxed by Bellew, I agree (also by Hunter). Usyk is also a slow starter though, and doesn't mind being outboxed 'slightly' if it's within his expectations. He is a high IQ fighter and slowly turns up the heat as the fight progresses, and always finishes much stronger than his opponent. His greatest attribute is his cardio and high ring IQ.

Usyk could fight Bellew 1000 times and beat him 1000 times but look like chit 1000 times out of 1000 for the first 5 rounds. He isn't the most entertaining fighter but you'd be a fool to underestimate his fighting IQ. There are literally 'tens' of factors running through your head as a fighter if you are intelligent like Mayweather, Usyk etc. and you are constantly gauging your opponents' strengths and weaknesses throughout a fight/boxing match. Usyk hansn't come up short thus far for a reason.,

Marciano is a legend, not many would dispute that. But he is a legend of his era, and that era has been surpassed significantly.

EDIT; Also agree that Holyfield AND Haye make better HWs than Usyk. Price and Chisora most definitely can beat Usyk.
    This is a good post by you, at least you have explained in detail your opinions.

Anyway remember what I have stated on this thread, and we can both sit back and watch? It all unfold in Usyk's career, and how people are going to dramatically change their perceptions and opinions of him in due time 'It is going to happen'.

The man is not a bad fighter, but he is as sure as anything not? This all time great, master technician which is a perception within the boxing community that is continually being enforced upon our minds 'I don't believe it'.

Usyk is not in Floyd Mayweather's league, he is a fundamentally sound boxer with no glaring weaknesses but no outright special gifts 'And at heavyweight he may have some success, but his abilities are just not good enough negate and bridge the gap to the big boys in my opinion'.

Just look at how timid, his heavyweight campaign has been so far 'I don't see any conviction within the man, him and his entire team are just hoping to politically side step certain fighters and land a fight with the major players' which will back fire very badly.
    Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 10-22-2019, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Rocky was 185lbs fighting shot lightheavies who movied up and 38 year old shot former champions

Then a bunch of cab drivers with losing records.

Comment

Kid Matthews was on a 50+ win streak and had just beaten Ring's pick for the next HW champion when Rocky stopped him. he was 81-3 at the time, with those 3 losses coming before Kid went to HW and from men with records into the hundreds in the win column when he had 19 fights himself.

This idea that Marciano has no good wins from peers is silly and comes from guys who know little about the 50s let alone Marciano.

Marciano boxed for 8 years, 49 fights in 8 years is no joke. Usyk's been boxing for 6 and has had 17 fights. If Usyk had a losing record on his record you'd have to ask what the **** took him so long to prepare for such a bum. Marciano steam rolled through them while taking out 81-3, 34-1, 53-3 peers that came up at the same time as himself.

12-0, 26-0, 23-0 Everyone of the records I listed was unbeaten at the same time as these jokers picking up their first L.

Usyk's got what? Beat some guys who never did anything comparable to Marciano or his names, did one thing comparable, got one defense in, and ****ed off to a new division where he struggled with an old, worn, slow, out-of-shape, HW Marciano would have sat the **** down inside the first.

Workrate? ****, my daughter can slap you for an hour too. Marciano's got workrate and power son.

Usyk's beaten an undisputed champion? A former? Beaten a move up undisputed? Oh, but dem baby sized records don't got losses doe.

Comment

Easy win for Usyk Rocky too small he was around 185 lbs
          Usyk ko him

Comment

The conditioning of Rocky would be key, assuming they were roughly the same size as each other I think Rocky's endurance would play key here. He would work Usyk down and start to get the better of Usyk as the fight goes on later down the stretch. I don't think Usyk could last 15 rounds with that guy at all.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
              This is a good post by you, at least you have explained in detail your opinions.

Anyway remember what I have stated on this thread, and we can both sit back and watch? It all unfold in Usyk's career, and how people are going to dramatically change their perceptions and opinions of him in due time 'It is going to happen'.

The man is not a bad fighter, but he is as sure as anything not? This all time great, master technician which is a perception within the boxing community that is continually being enforced upon our minds 'I don't believe it'.

Usyk is not in Floyd Mayweather's league, he is a fundamentally sound boxer with no glaring weaknesses but no outright special gifts 'And at heavyweight he may have some success, but his abilities are just not good enough negate and bridge the gap to the big boys in my opinion'.

Just look at how timid, his heavyweight campaign has been so far 'I don't see any conviction within the man, him and his entire team are just hoping to politically side step certain fighters and land a fight with the major players' which will back fire very badly.
              100% agreed, I've been saying all of that for ages and I'm an old Usyk fan. The problem is that new fans buy into the establishment produced hype and start making guys out to be invincible, they probably only see highlight videos of fighters when they are having success in a fight. They'll jump off the bandwagon instantly after a loss.
              I like when you support a fighter and their only fans are enthusiastic hardcores but then after some time and increase in popularity 95% of the new fans make the old fans look bad and make you want to distance yourself from them

EDIT: The comparison to Mayweather in my other post was purely to describe a fighter with ring IQ, not as a comparison of their overall abilities and accomplishments
              Last edited by 'b'; 10-22-2019, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Fury is the HW Mayweather. The HW Sweet Pea. The HW Locche.

Comment

Usyk takes Rocky to deep waters and drowns him.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    Usyk takes Rocky to deep waters and drowns him.
                    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

usyk would be lucky not to be killed

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
                      😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

usyk would be lucky not to be killed

Usyk stops Rock in a bloodbath.

Comment

Working...
                      X