2 Fast Fury by UD/SD/MD 34 36.56%
Sonny Liston by KO/TKO 34 36.56%
Sonny Liston by UD/SD/MD 2 2.15%
Draw / too close to call 4 4.30%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2018, 10:46 PM #21
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5661 Post(s)
Sid-Knee has a reputation beyond reputeSid-Knee has a reputation beyond reputeSid-Knee has a reputation beyond reputeSid-Knee has a reputation beyond reputeSid-Knee has a reputation beyond reputeSid-Knee has a reputation beyond reputeSid-Knee has a reputation beyond reputeSid-Knee has a reputation beyond reputeSid-Knee has a reputation beyond reputeSid-Knee has a reputation beyond reputeSid-Knee has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,792.38
Total Points: 132,773.19
To help you get in up your boyfriends hole - Scott. Weiland You come across as a bit of a cvnt - Mr McDowell You probably are a d1ck lol, but even so I felt guilty for sending you a dildo. - Mr McDowell Homo 4 Hearn - !a! Homo 4 Hearn - !a! 
Calm down have a d1ck break - ^lll Calm down have a d1ck break - ^lll you talk too much - ^lll you're annoying like a fly - ^lll shut up you self-important idiot - ^lll 
self-important idiot - ^lll you write a load of pretentious drivel - ^lll give it to gAy J before you suck him off - ^lll pretentious idiot - ^lll 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Scott. Weiland Gay and Lesbian Pride - !a! Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !a! Gay and Lesbian Pride - ^lll 

Liston had some of the slowest feet in Heavyweight history. He couldn't deal with Ali's speed of foot, he wouldn't deal with Fury's speed of foot. Liston also had very slow hands so he's not going to surprise Fury with fast shots the way Wilder was able to a couple of times. Fury by wide decision.
Sid-Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:25 PM #22
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6467 Post(s)
champion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 165,212,446.57
Total Points: 165,398,222.95
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid-Knee View Post
Liston had some of the slowest feet in Heavyweight history. He couldn't deal with Ali's speed of foot, he wouldn't deal with Fury's speed of foot. Liston also had very slow hands so he's not going to surprise Fury with fast shots the way Wilder was able to a couple of times. Fury by wide decision.
How would you know? You weren't even born then? That was way before your time kid. I am only joking. It was way before all of our time and you are right. Liston would have been too slow for the elusive Fury
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
champion4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:30 PM #23
Strong champion.

Quoted: 6992 Post(s)
New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,092.07
Total Points: 94,878.65
great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS 
BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS 
happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! Suck on this Cry Baby - Rocky... couldn't green you on that big pun post, good stuff - -jose- b-scene ATG - Mike D 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

liston hit like a truck and he was a hell of a lot more precise than deontay wilder. i think a lot of things favor fury, but the idea that liston doesn't have a shot when wilder had him out on the floor is crazy. liston could f#cking crack and he had a great jab. he'd put leather on fury consistently, whereas wilder just looked for one shot.
New England is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:15 AM #24
BoxingScene Icon

Quoted: 5378 Post(s)
IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,756.97
Total Points: 89,209.64
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 ATG Boxingscene Poster - JohnnyRebel Im glad you learned how to use internet Grandpa - Canelo and GGG 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'd probably favour Fury.

Liston is one of my all time favourites but Fury's style is bad for him.

That said, Liston did beat very good slick boxers such as Machen. Patterson wasn't slick per se but extremely fast. So you can never count him out. He has tools to combat Fury.

Very long reach and one of the great jabs in HW history
IronDanHamza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:39 PM #25
Official NSB POTY 2016

Quoted: 5873 Post(s)
LoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,453.63
Total Points: 132,341.30
For May 3rd to celebrate Mayweather's FIRST LOSS!! - Golovkin The LOADED medal!!! A special medal given to LoadedWraps for catching bodies on a daily basis. 1/1 SPECIAL EDITION. - Golovkin Red and Gold is my blood - -jose- A beer for my Comrad! - DonMega Toy my friend!One week  from history! - fundicao 
Guerra Cotto...PRPP..Tu Sabe.. - PRPOWERPUNCHES War Fury - valero Tyson Fury bout to give Wladimir the ol' Pizza Face - Thurman Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. War Fury! - StudentOfDaGame 
Long live the king lol - HughJass No Message - anthonydavid11 that sig pic tho.. - Santa_ LoadedWraps that dude - Mike D Cheers brother! - Bombs Away! 
No Message - anthonydavid11 You're still one of my favorite posters bruh...even when we disagree - Mike D Something to drink during Kovalev-Ward! - mathed 2017 MVP - Mike D !!!! WAR SRISAKET !!!! - badboyz08 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - punchr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
Can't believe I'm saying this but I'd probably favour Fury.

Liston is one of my all time favourites but Fury's style is bad for him.

That said, Liston did beat very good slick boxers such as Machen. Patterson wasn't slick per se but extremely fast. So you can never count him out. He has tools to combat Fury.

Very long reach and one of the great jabs in HW history
Good post.

It would be one heck of a fight til the end, no doubt. A chess match.
LoadedWraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:16 PM #26
Official NSB POTY 2016

LoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond repute
For May 3rd to celebrate Mayweather's FIRST LOSS!! - Golovkin The LOADED medal!!! A special medal given to LoadedWraps for catching bodies on a daily basis. 1/1 SPECIAL EDITION. - Golovkin Red and Gold is my blood - -jose- A beer for my Comrad! - DonMega Toy my friend!One week  from history! - fundicao 
Guerra Cotto...PRPP..Tu Sabe.. - PRPOWERPUNCHES War Fury - valero Tyson Fury bout to give Wladimir the ol' Pizza Face - Thurman Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. War Fury! - StudentOfDaGame 
Long live the king lol - HughJass No Message - anthonydavid11 that sig pic tho.. - Santa_ LoadedWraps that dude - Mike D Cheers brother! - Bombs Away! 
No Message - anthonydavid11 You're still one of my favorite posters bruh...even when we disagree - Mike D Something to drink during Kovalev-Ward! - mathed 2017 MVP - Mike D !!!! WAR SRISAKET !!!! - badboyz08 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - punchr 

Token Tuesday bump of peace.

Old 01-05-2019, 06:58 PM #27
Official NSB POTY 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
liston hit like a truck and he was a hell of a lot more precise than deontay wilder. i think a lot of things favor fury, but the idea that liston doesn't have a shot when wilder had him out on the floor is crazy. liston could f#cking crack and he had a great jab. he'd put leather on fury consistently, whereas wilder just looked for one shot.
Would Liston be able to hurt Fury though? Would he make Fury respect him?
Old 01-05-2019, 07:51 PM #28
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 809 Post(s)
blue_dolphin has a reputation beyond reputeblue_dolphin has a reputation beyond reputeblue_dolphin has a reputation beyond reputeblue_dolphin has a reputation beyond reputeblue_dolphin has a reputation beyond reputeblue_dolphin has a reputation beyond reputeblue_dolphin has a reputation beyond reputeblue_dolphin has a reputation beyond reputeblue_dolphin has a reputation beyond reputeblue_dolphin has a reputation beyond reputeblue_dolphin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,239.20
Total Points: 64,520.08

only fights of Liston most people have seen is the two vs Ali.. and both were fixed. so can't really gauge him off that.
blue_dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:12 AM #29
Official NSB POTY 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_dolphin View Post
only fights of Liston most people have seen is the two vs Ali.. and both were fixed. so can't really gauge him off that.
How do you know they were fixed?
Old 01-07-2019, 10:42 AM #30
Strong champion.

Quoted: 6992 Post(s)
New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,092.07
Total Points: 94,878.65
great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS 
BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS 
happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! Suck on this Cry Baby - Rocky... couldn't green you on that big pun post, good stuff - -jose- b-scene ATG - Mike D 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedWraps View Post
Would Liston be able to hurt Fury though? Would he make Fury respect him?

he's a better offensive fighter than deontay wilder by any stretch of the imagination. this is not a heavybag.

unlike wilder.. you know... liston could box.

think about it like this:
steve cunningham and sonny liston weren't all that far apart in size. cunningham had modest power at CW. he put fury down very hard with a windmill and he didn't have a consistent jab to set it up.

liston is one of the very best punchers ever, you guys probably haven't seen enough of him and that's fine. he also had, without a doubt, one of th efive best jabs ever at HW. fury would only have about 2-3 inches of reach, if you can believe that. i'd expect fury to not only get hurt, but to get outjabbed
New England is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
check hooks, irondanhamza, jrosales13, lepai, mayweather, new england, sonny liston, thuggery, twosweethooks