Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 05-18-2020, 11:52 PM #1
Amateur

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Muhammad234 will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,987.82
Default Help: having trouble remaining on my toes.

Im having trouble staying on my toes while doing any boxing, but perhaps I’m thinking maybe I am taking this the wrong way. When you are told “stay on your toes”, does this mean that you should physically lift your heels off the ground and get up on tip toes? Or just simply put your weight in the balls of your feet. How high should my heels be off the ground? Should they be elevated at all?
Muhammad234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:49 AM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2494 Post(s)
Luilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,748.23
Total Points: 49,043.90
Good posts. Here's your first gift. - 1bad65 Good post. Cheers! - Tony Trick-Pony Great post, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Fuck you degenerate racist - cheeseburger degenerate trash - cheeseburger 

Keep the front foot flat to sit on your punches to get power but the back foot stay on your toes so you are ready for rapid movement
Luilun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:51 AM #3
Up and Comer

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Jamesfranklin is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,050.90

Strengthening your legs will help you in overcoming it. Try different exercises by which you can train your legs for good positioning of toes and overall body.
Jamesfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 09:31 AM #4
Contender

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Eastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,671.49
Total Points: 16,336.34

Jump rope may be the best way to physically train for staying on your toes and light on your feet during boxing. Also you can practice this when shadow boxing. its more about staying up on the balls of your feet to increase quickness and mobility. Now, when your throwing power shots or mixing it up inside, you may want to have the entire foot in contact with the ground as this will give you more stability and power transfer. When your moving around the ring, stay up on the balls of your feet. Watch some pro fights and you'll see this happening.
Eastbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:40 AM #5

Quoted: 4404 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,774.59
Total Points: 105,998.35
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesfranklin View Post
Strengthening your legs will help you in overcoming it. Try different exercises by which you can train your legs for good positioning of toes and overall body.
^^^ I agree.
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:42 AM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Blond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,535.61
Total Points: 45,774.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad234 View Post
Im having trouble staying on my toes while doing any boxing, but perhaps I’m thinking maybe I am taking this the wrong way. When you are told “stay on your toes”, does this mean that you should physically lift your heels off the ground and get up on tip toes? Or just simply put your weight in the balls of your feet. How high should my heels be off the ground? Should they be elevated at all?
There’s so many variations of footwork, u can see it in film and each fight. “Stay on ur toes”, means to stay sharpe and focused in regular speak. It can also mean ur trainer wants u to move and be slick, elusive. U need to be planted solid to throw sum of ur hardest punches. It shouldn’t be taken too literal. U have minimal balance on both balls of ur feet, and less power. See what position let’s u hit the hardest. Trinidad’s back foot was always on the front ball, heel lifted. Oscars back foot was always flat and he almost dragged it. Watch tape, try different things u see, find what works best for u. Something u can maintain is important.
Blond Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:46 PM #7
Contender

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Lucky86 has a reputation beyond reputeLucky86 has a reputation beyond reputeLucky86 has a reputation beyond reputeLucky86 has a reputation beyond reputeLucky86 has a reputation beyond reputeLucky86 has a reputation beyond reputeLucky86 has a reputation beyond reputeLucky86 has a reputation beyond reputeLucky86 has a reputation beyond reputeLucky86 has a reputation beyond reputeLucky86 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,614.14
Total Points: 12,320.75

I really think more skipping helps a ton with footwork and balance. I stopped boxing for a long time and when I came back I was most surprised at how sore skipping made my feet and calves. Plus after a few months of skipping I found my balance improving of in many places outside of boxing as well.
Lucky86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends