No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire vs. Rigondeaux on 4/27 in Vegas, Says Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Meh. If he's gonna win he's gonna win. If he's gonna lose he's gonna lose. Poon or no other journeyman would get Rigo ready for Donaire. He already fought the people he needed to fight. Much bigger guys such as Cordoba and Marroquin.

As far as the bold goes, it didn't seem to affect someone like LeBron James going straight from HS to the pros, if you know what I mean. My mind is going blank right now but if I think of another example Ill throw it at you.
    I disagree. The highest levels at anything are always a clear notch up from the previous levels. If an athlete has what it takes, he'll find his groove, but usually not on day one. I don't follow basketball, but even LeBron probably didn't look like "King James" in his first pro game. Now, I'm not saying rookies can't look great on opening day, but there's an important distinction here: in team sports, you have a long season with many games to prove yourself; in boxing, you might very well only get one shot at a particular opponent. In this case, that opponent happens to be regarded as an elite champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post
      Donaire better buy a new liver and have it at ring side with the surgeon ready...
      rigondeaux better have chinese sweat shop workers at ringside ready to repair the shattered china.

Comment

• Originally posted by poison12 View Post
        rigondeaux better have chinese sweat shop workers at ringside ready to repair the shattered china.
        it work both way, some fans here are the most ignorant that I ever come across, a guy get staggered by a puncher and a bigger guy and he have a china chin, they fail to mention that Rigondaux was dragged from his bed in Miami to fight Marroquin because all the controversy that preceded it the fight, only three days before he didn't know if it was on or off, still he got tagged and went after the puncher and bigger guy and he was bored, keep up on dreaming that Donaire will see the same GR that Marroquin fought.

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post
          it work both way, some fans here are the most ignorant that I ever come across, a guy get staggered by a puncher and a bigger guy and he have a china chin, they fail to mention that Rigondaux was dragged from his bed in Miami to fight Marroquin because all the controversy that preceded it the fight, only three days before he didn't know if it was on or off, still he got tagged and went after the puncher and bigger guy and he was bored, keep up on dreaming that Donaire will see the same GR that Marroquin fought.
          well donaire is going to test that chin and rigo may or may not test that body....may the best man win.

Comment

• Originally posted by freeloada View Post
            Yesterday I was lying.. But today I'm telling the truth... F u c k you Arum... I'll believe it when I see it...
            still my favorite Arum quote, and it shows what kind od scumbag he really is

Comment

• if this is true, I think its a good fight. I'll lean toward Donaire, he's got more experience as a pro and a much better resume. I hope the winner is ready to fight Abner Mares

Comment

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                well donaire is going to test that chin and rigo may or may not test that body....may the best man win.
                So... Donaire is gonna test the chin for sure but Rigo MIGHT NOT test Donaire's body? You do know the body is easier to hit than the chin right? Not bias at all... not at all. Everybody here knows how reckless Donaire gets when he's the aggressor. Rigo will have plenty of chances to test that flabby soft body of his.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  So... Donaire is gonna test the chin for sure but Rigo MIGHT NOT test Donaire's body? You do know the body is easier to hit than the chin right? Not bias at all... not at all. Everybody here knows how reckless Donaire gets when he's the aggressor. Rigo will have plenty of chances to test that flabby soft body of his.
                  Rigo's an awesome body-puncher. He doesn't throw in volume, just precision. One good shot in the right spot and Donaire's night ends painfully. I wonder how well conditioned Nonito really is. He looks soft, but looks can be deceiving.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Rigo's an awesome body-puncher. He doesn't throw in volume, just precision. One good shot in the right spot and Donaire's night ends painfully. I wonder how well conditioned Nonito really is. He looks soft, but looks can be deceiving.
                    Donaire's always looked soft, but you're right we'll find out.

Comment

• Awwww damn, shiiite just got real up in heeeerrrrrrreee!!

Comment

Working...
                      X