Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vladimir Hrunov says "Povetkin and Tszyu immediately found a common language"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vladimir Hrunov says "Povetkin and Tszyu immediately found a common language"

I have a feeling we'll see a better Povetkin on Sept 29, now that he has a better trainer.

http://www.allboxing.ru/archives/2012-08-20_18_41.html

The manager of Alexander Povetkin, Vladimir Hrunov, spoke to allboxing.com. Hrunov chose Kostya Tszyu as a trainer for his ward.

Vladimir, fight against Rahman will be standing at first under the guidance of new coach, the celebrated Russian Boxer Konstantin Tszyu. It is clear that the conclusions can be made only after a bout with Rahman, but as you seem to be mutual understanding between them found?

Yes, certainly. Kostya is a great athlete, perfectly knowing both physical and psychological side of professional boxing. He goes throught all the preparations while taking into account every detail.

And what with Teddy Atlas? Relationship with him finally severed?

Even before we have agreed with Tszyu to work together, we tried to contact him, but he tore all the contacts and not replied to calls and emails. Apparently, work at ESPN it completely absorbed. In any case, I am glad that we have collaborated with him in his time and believe that Alexander this collaboration benefited.

Alexander was not hard to adjust to the new system? After the gruelling training methods, Tszyu is legendary.

Alexander is a very talented athlete and now is has a new enthusiasm. With Kostya they have found a common language.

did the change of the date for the bout with Rahman affect the preparation of Alexander?

Although the schedule was changed, I do not think that this will prevent Alexander to peak form to 29 September. I repeat: Kostya is a professional high class and knows all the nuances of the sport.

Vladimir, originally one of the venues of the fight, Povetkin-Rahman, when he still was scheduled for July was called Moscow. Why then the battle was moved to Germany?

Is one of the main reasons was that the show would end in about three hours a night.

Why so late?

Is the condition of the German television ARD. And there is a regulation of the municipal government of Moscow that all the events of this magnitude must end before 23:30 hours. Or by way of a special agreement should be renewed for a period of time, the work of the Moscow metro. At the moment we do not have sufficient time to resolve the issue.

Yea, that language is called $$$$. Kostya knows Povetkin's a bum, but he wants to milk that first. Povetkin's problem is he's dumb as a box of bricks.

Comment

Working...
    X