Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question to religious people.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe the biggest misconception perpetrated by religions\belief systems is that the soul\spirit or energy of life, can exist without a physical container, from which to operate. It cannot, for one cannot exist without the other -- The physical body needs the energy of life and the energy of life is useless without a physical body to exercise activity.

Taking these realities into consideration, it is natural and logical to conclude that an existence beyond the grave is totally and completely impossible.

All religions\belief systems describe both heaven and hell using PHYSICAL terms ... WHY?
    Because we are physical beings and we have no reality or existence in a world outside of the physical.

Now, if religions\belief systems taught of a heaven and hell that exists on earth, then it would be more plausible than teaching, that these concepts exist in a spiritual realm. But that would undermine the teachings, that one should believe in the unseen\unrealistic without a shred of proof or logic.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
      I believe the biggest misconception perpetrated by religions\belief systems is that the soul\spirit or energy of life, can exist without a physical container, from which to operate. It cannot, for one cannot exist without the other -- The physical body needs the energy of life and the energy of life is useless without a physical body to exercise activity.

Taking these realities into consideration, it is natural and logical to conclude that an existence beyond the grave is totally and completely impossible.

All religions\belief systems describe both heaven and hell using PHYSICAL terms ... WHY?
      Because we are physical beings and we have no reality or existence in a world outside of the physical.

Now, if religions\belief systems taught of a heaven and hell that exists on earth, then it would be more plausible than teaching, that these concepts exist in a spiritual realm. But that would undermine the teachings, that one should believe in the unseen\unrealistic without a shred of proof or logic.

I'm not even going to waste my fucking time with this guy.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jerub Baal View Post
        I understand why ......

Comment

I understand why ......
          Because you are a douche.........

Comment

Because you are a douche.........
            No .... because you cannot debate clearly explained logic. As long as someone entertains your fantasies, you have what you believe to be, a debate. But the minute, someone calls it like it is, in real terms, your so-called arguments fall apart, become null, void and quite silly.

Comment

No .... because you cannot debate clearly explained logic. As long as someone entertains your fantasies, you have what you believe to be, a debate. But the minute, someone calls it like it is, in real terms, your so-called arguments fall apart, become null, void and quite silly.
              This is exactly why I wont debate with you, you just ramble worthless bullshit.....

Comment

This is exactly why I wont debate with you, you just ramble worthless bullshit.....
                As a bible-thumper, you shouldn't give up so easy ......

Comment

As a bible-thumper, you shouldn't give up so easy ......

Your words are like dumb knives stabbing me.....

Comment

I dismantled you pigshit - now let me watch the mike jones match in peace....
                    Unless you're prepared to seriously entertain the notion that there are vampire gnomes you dismantled nothing.

Comment

I think his post made perfect sense.

But i also think religious belief isnt concerned with the 'hows' of an afterlife. Its just a indoctrinated spiritual belief that people are naturally prone to embrace. For them it serves a valuable purpose. And the fact it isnt evidence based and can exist without proof, is the essence of what makes it so powerful and therefore effective.

Probably also the reason people get so pissed off with plain logic. It reduces this larger than life mysterious, majestic, eternal, ultimate 'truth' to a silly sounding self delusion.

Comment

Working...
                      X