Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if your arms are shorter than opponent's ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you say , i must work on my footwork and jabbing whilst moving. Are speedbag and double ended ball the right equipments ?

Comment

Originally posted by Berkay1 View Post
      So you say , i must work on my footwork and jabbing whilst moving. Are speedbag and double ended ball the right equipments ?
      Footwork is one of the top things you should always work on. The hands create the hightloghts but it's the feet that get you into position.

Double end bag to me is the most important tool in the gym, for training by yourself. But make sure you get on of those smaller faster ones. You can get really creative with that thing.

I could give a crap less about the speed bag. It's good for beginners, or burning out. Freddie roach actually has some good tutorials on how to practice the hook with speed bags that I liked a lot.

Comment

From now on d.ended ball is my new friend , thanks

Comment

In advance I'd like to say that no option is absolute, right? Somebody said once "Is it styles that fight or is it men that fight?"

In a fight, decision making we agree is FUNdamental. I think it goes even beyond that. What decisions are we making in the gym in regards to constant development of Fundamentals.

That's all conversation.

This is a magnificent fight. Shorter opponent vs a taller opponent. George Benton's eyes, jab defense, & small steps forward - creepy consistent evil intentioned small steps forward were Fundamental. I like this approach mastery of FUNdamentals because now there is no box for you as an athlete. You have the ability regardless of hight to decide to take away an opponents best weapon whenever you want to. That is a great option & it starts with drilling boring.

Comment

Working...
          X