Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"future p4p king" Lomachenko vs "El Chacal" Rigondeaux @126lbs/9 Stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
    All I know is I'd root for Rigo.

I'm a fan of both fighters, but this win would be so big for Rigo because of the state of his career lol.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Fairly easy fight for Lomachenko. He's not just the better "boxer", but he's also the much better athlete. Styles make fights and favor him here. Think Jones-Hopkins-Toney, all excellent boxers but Jones would always win due to athleticism. Rigo just isn't active enough to win enough rounds or get in close to make it uncomfortable for Lomachenko.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            Fairly easy fight for Lomachenko. He's not just the better "boxer", but he's also the much better athlete. Styles make fights and favor him here. Think Jones-Hopkins-Toney, all excellent boxers but Jones would always win due to athleticism. Rigo just isn't active enough to win enough rounds or get in close to make it uncomfortable for Lomachenko.
            He's inactive against opponents he doesn't need to be more active against to beat, similar to how Fury didn't need more than a jab and feints to dethrone future ATG Wlad in his prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              Fairly easy fight for Lomachenko. He's not just the better "boxer", but he's also the much better athlete. Styles make fights and favor him here. Think Jones-Hopkins-Toney, all excellent boxers but Jones would always win due to athleticism. Rigo just isn't active enough to win enough rounds or get in close to make it uncomfortable for Lomachenko.
              Loma is not a much better athlete than Rigo... Rigo won 2 Olympic gold medals... Rigo is literally one of the most athletic fighters in boxing today... fast twichy, super explosive, great reflexes, great footwork... Neither James Toney or Hopkins were as quick as Rigo...

What Rigo does IS win rounds... He is so good that he makes his opposition completely gun shy and then just coasts to a decision...

Would Rigo have enough pop to keep Loma honest though, that is the question...Could Rigo nullify Loma offense the way he does every other fighter? Could Loma impose his size and power on Rigo and possibly score a KO, or would Rigo's deadly quick counter lefts keep Loma hesitant?

I think this fight would be much more action packed then people think.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                This will be the face that will forever haunt Loma's legacy...

It is VERY odd that Loma doesn't mention Rigo anymore... The best matchup he'll EVER have in his career, and all you hear is crickets from Loma's team...

Comment

• Originally posted by darius45 View Post
                  Loma is not a much better athlete than Rigo... Rigo won 2 Olympic gold medals... Rigo is literally one of the most athletic fighters in boxing today... fast twichy, super explosive, great reflexes, great footwork... Neither James Toney or Hopkins were as quick as Rigo...

What Rigo does IS win rounds... He is so good that he makes his opposition completely gun shy and then just coasts to a decision...

Would Rigo have enough pop to keep Loma honest though, that is the question...Could Rigo nullify Loma offense the way he does every other fighter? Could Loma impose his size and power on Rigo and possibly score a KO, or would Rigo's deadly quick counter lefts keep Loma hesitant?

I think this fight would be much more action packed then people think.
                  Good post. Well said.

Comment

• Comment

• Even though I favor Lomachenko, Rigo can easily win this fight, let's be honest.

Comment

Working...
                      X