No announcement yet.

buying a gun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying a gun

feel like i'm the only one out here without one. been to a bunch of gun ranges over the year and i've made the decision on the glock 19 gen 4.

i can get a gen 3 for cheaper, the latest is the gen 5, but i'd like to know if the gen 3 is crap.

hopefully one of you guy guys can help out, maybe even point me in the direction of getting the best deal.

Can't go wrong with a Glock.

I'm not an expert with the different generations though. I have a Glock 26 4th gen. Nice and compact, i love it. It could fit in my pocket.

Kind of wish I had a bigger handle like the 19, but I also have an extended mag so it handles like a 19 anyways.

How much more expensive is the Gen 4 or 5? Never heard anything bad about older Glocks, but I would get the newest if it's not too much more more.

Hit up Left Hook Tua, he really knows his ****.

Comment

i usually carry twin colt pythons

Comment

https://youtu.be/DxjIgTc22os

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
          Can't go wrong with a Glock.

I'm not an expert with the different generations though. I have a Glock 26 4th gen. Nice and compact, i love it. It could fit in my pocket.

Kind of wish I had a bigger handle like the 19, but I also have an extended mag so it handles like a 19 anyways.

How much more expensive is the Gen 4 or 5? Never heard anything bad about older Glocks, but I would get the newest if it's not too much more more.

Hit up Left Hook Tua, he really knows his ****.
          good shout out to LHT.

how many times have you left the house with that thing in your pocket?

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
            hahaaa, something with a good spread

Comment

Just grab a 19 as long as the grip isn't too big for you, unless you plan on doing custom work to it, which for glocks is crazy expensive. I personally can't stand the grip, and refuse to dump $ into a handgun, 19 also looks like it's made of legos which I don't like. It's a damn good gun, just not for me.

Handguns aren't easy to shoot, and take a lot of rounds to really learn the gun. Whatever gun you buy make sure you have $ to buy lots of ammo to break it in and learn to shoot it. 300 rnds minimum to start IMO.

Comment

I believe the Gen 4 is better if you have smaller hands. Aside from that, quality control can vary. Gen 3 is a good gun, so I wouldn't dismiss it, especially if you can get one for a good price. All depends on what you feel most comfortable shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  I believe the Gen 4 is better if you have smaller hands. Aside from that, quality control can vary. Gen 3 is a good gun, so I wouldn't dismiss it, especially if you can get one for a good price. All depends on what you feel most comfortable shooting.
                  thanks!

willy got me looking at this glock 26 now. maybe i buy both of them things to put in this bug out bag i'm building.

Comment

Shotguns are easy to get no permit required, glock is a must tho.

Comment

Working...
                    X