No announcement yet.

UFC 175 RBR discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
    Let there be no doubt how good Weidman is. Machida is future HOFer. Weidman just dealt with him, he was tested, but he dealt with him. Who can beat Weidman? IMO, Machida is way better than Belfort (with or without TRT), Mousasi & Jacare.
    Machida is the top guy in the division not named Weidman. I assume Belfort is next, I don't think Mousasi can wrestle with Weidman and I don't think Jacare can stand up with him.

Comment

Great fight, but Weidman isn't one of these unbeatable looking champions like a lot of people thought he'd be and he won't hold on to the title for very long. Most telling is when he's hurt, he can be finished. Too bad Machida didn't have enough gas left in the tank to finish him off.

Hopefully Vitor is next. I want to see an offensive striker fight Weidman now.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
        Great fight, but Weidman isn't one of these unbeatable looking champions like a lot of people thought he'd be and he won't hold on to the title for very long. Most telling is when he's hurt, he can be finished. Too bad Machida didn't have enough gas left in the tank to finish him off.

I love when people say this without context. You act like he looked vulnerable against the #9th ranked MW. He just fought possibly his worst stylistic match up, and still won 4-1. He wasn't supposed to look unbeatable tonight. Just by winning, that was a huge feat for him.

"Sugar Ray Leonard's good and all, but he doesn't look like one of those unbeatable champs after I just saw him in against Tommy Hearns."

Common sense.

Comment

Just like Machida wasn't supposed to blow through and look like an unbeatable beast against Weidman. We're talking about 2 of the best MWs in all of MMA. If either guy left the Octagon looking unbeatable, then you're probably looking at the GOAT MW.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
            I love when people say this without context. You act like he looked vulnerable against the #9th ranked MW. He just fought possibly his worst stylistic match up, and still won 4-1. He wasn't supposed to look unbeatable tonight. Just by winning, that was a huge feat for him.

"Sugar Ray Leonard's good and all, but he doesn't look like one of those unbeatable champs after I just saw him in against Tommy Hearns."

Common sense.
            Please. Weidman fanboys claimed he'd beat Machida like he did Anderson, i.e. not give him anything at all in the fight. Instead he becomes a punching bag for too long on two seperate moments, hell in the 4th round the only thing that made him survive was Machida's lack of energy to finish.

Other than that of cource, Weidman's technique is great and he's very motivated. Extremely difficult to beat. However if he gets rocked like this again against Vitor, it's lights out because Belfort is probably the best finisher in MMA history.

Comment

He just beat his most dangerous threat. Mousasi, Belfort (especially now without all the steroids) & Jacare have NO CHANCE of beating him.

Comment

Please. Weidman fanboys claimed he'd beat Machida like he did Anderson, i.e. not give him anything at all in the fight. Instead he becomes a punching bag for too long on two seperate moments, hell in the 4th round the only thing that made him survive was Machida's lack of energy to finish.

Other than that of cource, Weidman's technique is great and he's very motivated. Extremely difficult to beat. However if he gets rocked like this again against Vitor, it's lights out because Belfort is probably the best finisher in MMA history.
                Belfort's not on the juice anymore. He's a bum.

Comment

"Lack of energy". Yeah, he just happened to gas out for no reason. There was no resistance at all. He just gassed for no reason. OK.

And I can say the same thing. Weidman almost had him out in the 3rd and the 5th. Elbow to the dome, anyone?

Who cares what Weidman fans were saying. Does that make Machida fans even worse, since they were also predicting domination and KOs, while their boy got handled 4-1?

Common sense.

Comment

I saw the exact same thing said (word for word) when he knocked out Silva then broke his leg in half how the fights were too sudden and flukey and we needed to see Weidman in a war. Now you got the opposite and he still doesn't look like a champion.

What does the guy need to do? Get a face tattoo?

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                      "Lack of energy". Yeah, he just happened to gas out for no reason. There was no resistance at all. He just gassed for no reason. OK.

And I can say the same thing. Weidman almost had him out in the 3rd and the 5th. Elbow to the dome, anyone?

Who cares what Weidman fans were saying. Does that make Machida fans even worse, since they were also predicting domination and KOs, while their boy got handled 4-1?

Common sense.
                      Never said that Machida's gassing wasn't due to Weidman's punishment, merely mentioned it to make another point, so kindly remove that stick out of your ass.

Weidman will get rocked in future fights due to the level of the devision, and his opponent will not be gassed every time it happens. The point is, we saw a weakness in Weidman. He did not deal well with being rocked at all, I don't think he was actually THAT hurt but he just started to fall apart mentally in that moment in the 4th. This is a fair assessment to make from this fight. Of cource he could prove me wrong in the future by overcoming it a lot better next time.

Comment

Working...
                      X