Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 06-29-2013, 05:14 PM #21
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
BKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,156,341,180.57
enjoyed the gif :fing02: - jose830 My bad! - Dorian have a slice, u earned it - sugarsmosley . - RwK No Message - -jose- 
For Battling The Evil That Is Islam - Rocky... No Message - -Weltschmerz- 

^^Anderson's best wins are against prime legends like Hendo and Vitor whom he brutally finished. Fedor never even came close to finishing prime legends like Nog and Cro Cop.

Fedor's longetivity included absolute freakshows like Zulu, Choi, Lindland and there were two other pro wrestlers with losing records in his streak. Anderson never once had a freakshow fight in his winning streak or even career.

This stuff matters when you're trying to rank GOAT.
BKM-2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-29-2013, 06:24 PM #22
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
KidKwik is infamous around these partsKidKwik is infamous around these partsKidKwik is infamous around these partsKidKwik is infamous around these partsKidKwik is infamous around these partsKidKwik is infamous around these partsKidKwik is infamous around these partsKidKwik is infamous around these partsKidKwik is infamous around these partsKidKwik is infamous around these partsKidKwik is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,300,099,137.84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKM-2010 View Post
^^Anderson's best wins are against prime legends like Hendo and Vitor whom he brutally finished. Fedor never even came close to finishing prime legends like Nog and Cro Cop.

Fedor's longetivity included absolute freakshows like Zulu, Choi, Lindland and there were two other pro wrestlers with losing records in his streak. Anderson never once had a freakshow fight in his winning streak or even career.

This stuff matters when you're trying to rank GOAT.
Ok then, so it's 2-2 Nog, Cro Cop for Fedor and Hendo and (I think) non-TRT Vitor.
And Anderson has beaten some no-namers as the champ though, that's similar to the freaks shows Fedor faced
Like, look at some of the names as part of his reign: Travis Lutter? James Irvin? Thales Lietes? Patrick Cote? Nate Marquardt hadn't beat anyone any good at that point.
Also, his streak includes 2 different wins over Rich Franklin and Chael Sonnen who almost beat him in their first encounter.
These guys were basically cans given to Anderson. If they aren't real contenders, whats the point if feeding them to the champ?
Not even hating on Anderson here I actually love him as a fighter and his style is great, but his title defense streak should only be at 5 or 6 wins not 10 going on 11 when he beats Weidman

Last edited by KidKwik; 06-29-2013 at 06:28 PM.
KidKwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:59 PM #23
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
BKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,156,341,180.57
enjoyed the gif :fing02: - jose830 My bad! - Dorian have a slice, u earned it - sugarsmosley . - RwK No Message - -jose- 
For Battling The Evil That Is Islam - Rocky... No Message - -Weltschmerz- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidKwik View Post
Ok then, so it's 2-2 Nog, Cro Cop for Fedor and Hendo and (I think) non-TRT Vitor.
And Anderson has beaten some no-namers as the champ though, that's similar to the freaks shows Fedor faced
Like, look at some of the names as part of his reign: Travis Lutter? James Irvin? Thales Lietes? Patrick Cote? Nate Marquardt hadn't beat anyone any good at that point.
Also, his streak includes 2 different wins over Rich Franklin and Chael Sonnen who almost beat him in their first encounter.
These guys were basically cans given to Anderson. If they aren't real contenders, whats the point if feeding them to the champ?
Not even hating on Anderson here I actually love him as a fighter and his style is great, but his title defense streak should only be at 5 or 6 wins not 10 going on 11 when he beats Weidman
You're comparing blackbelts like Leites and Lutter(whom he submitted), KO artist Irvin and unstoppable Cote to the likes of Zulu, MW Lindland, Nagata(0-2) and Choi?
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Fedor fans...

All of those guys WERE contenders when they got the title shots against Anderson, they were all on winning streaks. They weren't legacy defining but they were far from can feeding like Fedor was guilty of. You have no idea what you're talking about and frankly it's hilarious that you're criticising Anderson's title reign while Fedor spend an entire year of his prime fighting a middleweight and freakshow Choi and had only one fight in 08. And don't talk about Sonnen almost beating Anderson while ignoring Fujita nearly knocking him out, Randleman's slam, having trouble with Rogers not to mention his last losses. Anderson also never had a fluky decision win.

Also people always forget about Anderson destroying a prime, #1 pound for pound Sakurai when both him and Fedor were unknown. Not to mention other notable wins against Newton, Murray and Horn. Then of cource there's his legendary title reign full of great wins. Anderson has the better record and stats.
BKM-2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:07 AM #24
GUCCI

Quoted: 680 Post(s)
$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 301,607,587,903,391,424.00
Total Points: 304,607,587,903,532,928.00
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy Birthday :) - Bossy 
wut up nate!! - Mike D Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass Retard - Weltschmerz this idiot deserves a kick - Freedom. Stick this in your a55 lol - Pretty Boy32 
Hepatitis C - Spray_resistant Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !a! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !a! 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !a! 

I only slightly lean towards Silva because he has that win over prime Hendo who was just PRIDE 185 & 205 champ at the same time. Then he lost that razor thin fight to Rampage which was a war. Anderson adjusted to being held down in round 1, hurt and submitted him in the next round. Anderson adapts like a prime Bernard Hopkins. It's sick.

Bonnar was the only guy Silva has been spoon fed. Everybody else was a top contender. People talk trash but Anderson made these guys look horrible. Not to mention he's 38 and still fighting at an ATG level. Okami, Franklin, Hendo, and Chael run through any other middleweights, and Silva embarrassed them all.
$Bullsfam$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:35 AM #25
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1422 Post(s)
Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 526,027,240,861.57
Total Points: 100,000,646,142,529,856.00
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

3 more years and I might rank Silva #1. I respect his skills either way and root for him every time out. A couple of questions about Silva. Some people are picking Weidman to win. Does he have a good shot?

Is it true he just signed a 10 fight deal with the UFC when he renewed his contract with them recently? If that's true, he'd probably be around for about another 4-5 years. Could he really do that?

And people keep saying Fedor fought all these cans and freak shows. So is there anyone that Fedor should've fought that he didn't and if so, was it because they were with a different promotion or because that opponent was avoided, because I never heard of Fedor avoiding anybody?

Last edited by Anthony342; 06-30-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Anthony342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:07 PM #26
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1422 Post(s)
Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 526,027,240,861.57
Total Points: 100,000,646,142,529,856.00
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

So I guess then, Fedor never ducked anybody.
Anthony342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:08 PM #27
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Jay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 66.56
Total Points: 5,556,556,615,863.46
Cheers mate - 1lparm 

I think Fedor is massively overrated.
Jay Volcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:04 PM #28
World Class™

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
WARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 867,735,458,346,315,392.00
Total Points: 867,741,261,159,786,880.00
Thirsty? - ??? Top man! - komodo thanks - Starof David No Message - Starof David gift - MANGLER 
Cheers - Even Money No Message - MANIAC310 No Message - dan_cov thanks for donating to the Superbowl Jackpot points will be returned if nobody wins :beerchug: - jose830 good poster - thuggery 
Those points really got me into the site and forums. Thanks again. - Augustane Nice avi :fing02: - jose830 Good man - jazluvr Merry Christmas! =] - Tyler_Durden NINER NATION :beerchug: - -jose- 
For a stand up guy =] - Tyler_Durden World Class Poster - jazluvr Stand up guy - Doc Holliday thanks for the donation! - shaneacedera 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - komodo Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
I only slightly lean towards Silva because he has that win over prime Hendo who was just PRIDE 185 & 205 champ at the same time. Then he lost that razor thin fight to Rampage which was a war.
So Anderson's best win is a Hendo coming off a loss and moving down a weight class.....
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

You really can't make a case for Anderson resume wise, most people are ranking him based on talent and that isn't fair.
WARQUEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:40 PM #29
Il Principe

Quoted: 823 Post(s)
F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 175,941,282,848,417,952.00
Total Points: 175,941,282,848,663,200.00
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
For your anus - desktop 0 For your vagina - desktop 0 For your mouth - desktop 0 LMAO!!! - desktop 0 you like it - desktop 0 
for when your boyfriend is away - desktop 0 here's another - desktop 0 No Message - desktop 0 No Message - desktop 0 No Message - desktop 0 
No Message - desktop 0 No Message - desktop 0 No Message - desktop 0 No Message - desktop 0 No Message - desktop 0 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

1. Anderson Silva
2. Kazushi Sakuraba
3. Georges St. Pierre
4. BJ Penn
5. Takanori Gomi
6. Randy Couture
7. Dan Henderson
8. Fedor Emelienenko
9. Bas Ruten
10. Wanderlei Silva

There you go. ATG list of all time. Top 10.
F l i c k e r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:13 PM #30
World Class™

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
WARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 867,735,458,346,315,392.00
Total Points: 867,741,261,159,786,880.00
Thirsty? - ??? Top man! - komodo thanks - Starof David No Message - Starof David gift - MANGLER 
Cheers - Even Money No Message - MANIAC310 No Message - dan_cov thanks for donating to the Superbowl Jackpot points will be returned if nobody wins :beerchug: - jose830 good poster - thuggery 
Those points really got me into the site and forums. Thanks again. - Augustane Nice avi :fing02: - jose830 Good man - jazluvr Merry Christmas! =] - Tyler_Durden NINER NATION :beerchug: - -jose- 
For a stand up guy =] - Tyler_Durden World Class Poster - jazluvr Stand up guy - Doc Holliday thanks for the donation! - shaneacedera 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - komodo Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by F l i c k e r View Post
1. Anderson Silva
2. Kazushi Sakuraba
3. Georges St. Pierre
4. BJ Penn
5. Takanori Gomi
6. Randy Couture
7. Dan Henderson
8. Fedor Emelienenko
9. Bas Ruten
10. Wanderlei Silva

There you go. ATG list of all time. Top 10.
Takada isn't in your top 10? Sheesh man you don't know shit about kickball.
WARQUEZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
fedor, lists?, p4p/goat

User Tag List