Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields Beats Up Christina Hammer, Unifies Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jas View Post
    worrying for hammer that she got ko'ed here:

fight was originally wrongly ruled a dq, ref clearly says "stop" after the last punch is landed. it is a big punch though landed with significant force

if it goes the distance i slightly edge hammer but i can't get past that ko so i am actually slightly edging shields by ko as my final prediction
    I keep thinking Shields might go in reckless and emotional and get clipped.
    But I am no women's boxing expert just don't think Shields is that great.

Comment

Honestly, the fight I'm most looking forward to on this card is the Sam Peter fight

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
        Honestly, the fight I'm most looking forward to on this card is the Sam Peter fight
        If they hand the mic to Sam Peter and he calls out David Price, that would be the icing on the cake.

Comment

So many sport events going on today.

NBA Playoffs start
          Boxing
          Masters (sike)

Comment

I can't wait for this one!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
              I keep thinking Shields might go in reckless and emotional and get clipped.
              But I am no women's boxing expert just don't think Shields is that great.
              Welp... She does...

She actually sees herself as the best thing since Sugar Ray and strangely no one in her surroundings have ever thought about telling her to just STFU... I'd be delighted to see Hammer getting this one...

Comment

Salita Promotions showing the prelim fights via Facebook.

I'm home sick this weekend so watching garbage fights is what it do tonight.

Got Facebook, search for "boxing" and then click "videos" and then check the box for "live"

Comment

Re

They scheduled tonight's fights, Quillen included, on opening day of the NBA playoffs...

Comment

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
                    This is going to be a pretty hype girl fight. I don't think Hammer is coming to lay down. Shields, inside 4 rds. I don't see this going the distance because Hammer is likely not trying to win a decision.
                    You do know Shields has only two wins by TKO and as far as I know she has never dropped anyone. She's now up against her toughest opponent in her career. I just don't see a stoppage win in this fight. Shields has never done anything so far to prove she's some devastating puncher.

I expect this fight to go the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
                      They scheduled tonight's fights, Quillen included, on opening day of the NBA playoffs...
                      If promoters let other sports' important event dictate when to put bouts on, we'd have boxing on about five weekends a year.

Comment

Working...
                      X