No announcement yet.

Marlo from The Wire is the Scariest TV-show character ever created

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
    O'Reily manipulative piece of **** but he still cared about the nurse enough to send his brother to kill her abusive boyfriend.
    He was a snake but he still had humanity
    Haha it was a dude's version of a soap opera.

Like action was sparse at best but the dialouge enthralling.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

For the record, Dr.Nathan's husband wasn't abusive to her : O'Reily had his brother kill him just because he was jealous of the dude she married, and wanted her all to himself.

That's cold.

Comment

And he still got her to eventually fall for his ass. That Irish swagger is a real b*tch.

Comment

Omar was scarier.

The episode where he walked to the store in his teal silk robe, and the guy tosses the package from the window above at him while he was stopped to light a cigarette was some classic ****.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            Haven't seen much of "The Wire" beyond the 2nd season, but from what I saw, I didn't particularly care for it. I know it's beloved by pretty much everybody walking the planet, and everytime I say I didn't care for it I draw weird stares like some sort of alien being, but I just didn't.

Love "The Sopranos", though. But I rate "OZ" higher in terms of writing, acting, and directing. Way higher, actually. Without "OZ", there would have never been "The Sopranos" or "The Wire" : It paved the way for HBO to continue ventures into the television drama arena.
            Season 2 was the worst season of the wire by everones standard.
            It was plain boring to many.
            Season 1 is deliberately slow to build the characters, build the foundation that the whole show stood on for 5 season.
            It really picks up after a couple of episodes.
            You making a big mistake by stopping at the second season and juding the whole show from it.
            My brother never could get into the Wire and outright got annoyed by it before he watched season 4. Then he fell in love and watched every season from beginning to end.

Either way as I said before, Oz was basically a soap opera with every plot devices ever created.
            It was a very fantastical and sensational way to bring drama to the show.
            I mean the biological weapon?
            the Attica like prison riot and they still had Oz prison block open?
            Adebisi's coup?
            etc etc etc.

The Wire demands attentive viewing while Oz was a great short attention drama show with good writing even if it was sensationalistic at times

Comment

Marlo was straight b1tchmade. MY NAME IS MY NAME. Punk ass b1tch.

Comment

You say "sensationalistic" like it's a bad thing. In the case of "OZ", I think it was executed to pitch-perfect perfection.

Thanks for the breakdown on "The Wire", though. Perhaps I owe it to myself as a fan of film to go back and revisit it. I just remember jumping on board around the 4th season, so everybody else was way ahead of me, and talking about how amazing it was.

So I'm watching season one like : "Jesus Christ, when does it get interesting?"

Truthfully, I didn't even want to check out season two because season one left such a bad taste in my mouth. But I bit the bullet, and watched it anyway, all the while thinking : "What the **** is wrong here? Why am I not seeing what everybody else sees in this series?"

Needless to say, I stopped after season two. But I may revisit it. Still, I think some better writing would have been in order for those first two seasons : I'm not as patient a viewer with television as I am with cinema - If something doesn't grab me by the balls within a few episodes, I normally tune out.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  Omar was scarier.

The episode where he walked to the store in his teal silk robe, and the guy tosses the package from the window above at him while he was stopped to light a cigarette was some classic ****.
                  Omar is the most badass, but hes got a code of honor. He wouldn't hurt just anyone, and that makes him less frightening.
                  It's like being afraid of a really good soldier while in war.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    Omar was scarier.

HAHA that was a funny scene, but you misunderstanding my tread.
                    Scary as in scary to the viewer.
                    Omar was a anti hero for people rather then a character that scared gave the viewers the chills.

HAHa

Comment

Omar is also the only completely unrealistic character in the wire (together with Brother Mouzone of course). That makes him more cartoonish and less scary to the viewer.

Speaking of Mouzone, now theres another badass but with his ridiculous outfits hes just not scary at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X