No announcement yet.

NFL Player's Association opposed to HGH blood testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TYREL View Post
    12 mil might not have been the most money brett favre has been paid, but he's 40, and 40 year old NFL players don't make that much money. you think brett wiuld've signed and played had minnesota only offered him 1 or 2 mil? or even 5 mil? check nfl contracts, brett is still one of the highest NFL players at 12 mil. he's not the "young" favre anymore, so he's not gonna get those same dollars....but making 12 mil, in the NFL ain't nothing to sneeze at.

also, you dont think pacquiao taking and passing the drug tests remove suspicion? how can it not? surely refusing to take the tests don't help.

to get back to your thread, you're missing the bigger picture....

first of all, the NFL owners want to limit player salaries, AND at the same time, ask them to start taking more drug tests.

now, i don't care who you are, if you go to work one day, and your boss says, "we gonna cut your pay, and we want you to take drug tests on top of it." you're gonna flip out, even if you're clean.

however,

if you go to work, and your boss says, "we want you to take drug tests, but we're gonna give you a huge raise." what is your response then?

you keep talking like these guys have the mindset that they're rich enough, so they're good......manny pacquiao still fights, peyton manning still throws balls. they still work, so obviously they want to get paid. show me an athlete that has ever made a lot of money, and decided to start playing for free.

these guys do what they do b/c they get paid to do it, shadey. if manny was satisfied, he'd retire, not keep putting his health/life on the line.

no matter what you do for a living, or how much money you have, if you decide to keep working for a paycheck, and your boss offers you more money than you've ever made, for something as trivial as a drug test, you're gonna do it.
    interesting argument. never really looked at it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
      interesting argument. never really looked at it that way.
      i understand you saying money is not the end-all-be-all, but to totally discount money in the sports or entertainment world is crazy.

99% of the decisions made in those industries are money-related.

the NFL wants to RESTRICT player earnings, and then have the nerve to ask them to take tests on top of it! i'd object too, shadey.

but if the NFL wanted to institute drug testing, BUT PAY THE PLAYERS MORE MONEY on top of it, do you think they'd object?

only the dirty ones, dogg.

Comment

Originally posted by TYREL View Post
        it's the player's association, not the "collective" group of players.

if you ask each player, to a man, if they would take the tests for career-high paydays, i wonder what the answer would be then.....

i know what the answer would be for those cheating.
        Bingo...........

Comment

*****s dont have the logic. Pretty simple.

If you have the logic, why do you question a boxer who follows the commission? you should question the commission why they insist on the URINE test that will detect PEDS.

Comment

Originally posted by paulsinghnl View Post
            the reason they're giving is that ppl can then find out about diseases such as AIDS and stuff, diseases that don't matter, which they wouldn't want to come out in the public. because basically a blood test makes u an open book, u might be alienated by other players, the public could get to know stuff..

i just think it's a cover-up for the real reason that they're on HGH, though.
            You need consent to test some ones blood for hiv and other diseases. dr cant just do shyt becuz a company tells them to.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalion View Post
              Exactly, Same thing with these energy drinks everyone is sucking down nowadays. 10-15 years from now i wouldnt be surprised if some sort of liver/kidney complacation come from heavy usage.
              Kalion,
              the complications from those energy drinks would damage the adrenal glands and heart. thinking about doing a public health study on that shyt. Its big bizzness so no one important cares. and the FDA sells out the citizens all the time to big corps.

Comment

I'd say 75% of the NFL is on HGH or some kind of performance enhancing drug. IMO, there are very few running backs, offensive linemen, defensive linemen, and linebackers that are clean in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                X