No announcement yet.

BBC: AJ had “health issue” before first fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gideon lock View Post
    Not a problem thanks for the swift response. I agree in part it did look off but he boxed fine up until getting knocked down so I struggle to link his performance to a health issue is all. Im not hating and created a thread last night praising him before anyone jumps in saying im a hater lol
    Totally understood...
    I have my doubts about AJ as well and have often wondered if he may be a bit overhyped, but I don’t hate him by any stretch of the imagination. I think he reinvented himself well and did well to lose some of that extra muscle that wasn’t really helping him. I still would like to see him fight the other top guys. I think it’s a fun fight against Fury in England. As for Wilder, I think Wilder has the edge right now but Team Joshua may make the big fight once Wilder starts to decline (he’s already mid thirties) and if Joshua wins that (which I think he can) then he’s got another scalp to his name ... we will see

Comment

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
      Thanks for your comment, may I ask you two questions please:

1. What do you think the health issue was? Based on that limited information — and I am not a medical person — but it almost sounded like a heart valve issue or something. The combination of a young athlete with excessive fatigue, and needing surgery kind of gives me the impression Joshua may have had heart trouble.

2. Do you think Joshua can beat our guy Wilder, or your other UK guy, Fury? How do you think he needs to approach those fights to win convincingly?

Thanks for your opinion in advance.

—Legends456 from America
      Since he has opened up to the great Mike Costello, he would most likely go deep into it himself in a video on his YouTube page soon. Stay tuned.

At the end of the day, he never made any excuses albeit everyone who watched the first fight knew something was wrong with him before the fight. He only opened up to Costello due to the relationship they have. But he got the job done in the rematch - that's the most important thing.

Wilder is a very limited one-trick pony. All Josh needs to do is keep the fight at mid-range and on the inside since he's the best by a mile amongst the giant heavies at mid/close range and he'll sparked Wilder out with his vicious hooks and uppercut combo. He won't box long against Wilder and would give him time/space to set his feet. Wilder needs to set his feet to get his shot off and he telegraphs his right. His left is also very weak and Josh can live with that all night.

As for Fury: he's just an awkward boxer with decent upperbody movement. His defence isn't that good and he gets hit easily. He wins his big fight based on mind games and that isn't going to affect Josh. Josh is faster, more athletic and has far more power than Fury. So he would walk through Fury and knock him out cold. Expect Josh to target Fury's fu..cked up eye all night.

I've always picked him to beat both and his style has always been suited for both. I want to see the Fury fight first, so he can shut a lot of people up in the UK. And if Wilder doesn't get knocked out before then (I see Wilder losing soon when he steps up) - he'll get knocked out by Josh.

Comment

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
        Totally understood...
        I have my doubts about AJ as well and have often wondered if he may be a bit overhyped, but I don’t hate him by any stretch of the imagination. I think he reinvented himself well and did well to lose some of that extra muscle that wasn’t really helping him. I still would like to see him fight the other top guys. I think it’s a fun fight against Fury in England. As for Wilder, I think Wilder has the edge right now but Team Joshua may make the big fight once Wilder starts to decline (he’s already mid thirties) and if Joshua wins that (which I think he can) then he’s got another scalp to his name ... we will see
        Completely agree bro he seems to take a scientific approach to his training which pays off. I think fury would frustrate him and outpoint him in a potentially similar looking fight to wlad vs fury. The wilder fights intrigues me as we know power is this last thing to go a 40 year old wlad still clipped aj so wilder could definitely do the same and has 6 years until that age so it will happen (the fight) before then im hoping. Can't pick a winner in that one its a 50/50 fight to me.

Comment

I'm curious to know what operation it was .

Comment

I'll reserve judgement until we see if more facts come out, but if it remains vague, I dunno man... This sounds like what testosterone issues does to a man, and that would open a big can of worms. I'm a fan, but have always had doubts around how natty AJ was since turning pro. He looks back to his natural shape now. Just seems interesting, the type of symptoms and then the weight loss. Could be me putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, or.......

Comment

Thyroid surgery. He was using those TUEs roids because of this thyroid disorder.

Comment

Could be, but I dont like excuses at all. Just keep it solid and enjoy your redemption.

Comment

No need to go over old ground. We all knew he struggled with temple shots after Whyte hurt him years ago. He had no respect for Ruiz and paid the ultimate price. Last night was a very good performance.

Comment

A lot of people did touch on how there seemed to be something off.

It'll be interesting to see if we hear anymore on it.

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
                      I'll reserve judgement until we see if more facts come out, but if it remains vague, I dunno man... This sounds like what testosterone issues does to a man, and that would open a big can of worms. I'm a fan, but have always had doubts around how natty AJ was since turning pro. He looks back to his natural shape now. Just seems interesting, the type of symptoms and then the weight loss. Could be me putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, or.......
                      Remember what Bob Arum said.....

Comment

Working...
                      X