No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Knocks Luis Ortiz Out in Seventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    Fury puts both Ortiz and Wilder in a body bag the same night.
    Fury hasn't put anybody on his resume in a body bag

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      Fury puts both Ortiz and Wilder in a body bag the same night.
      Can’t wait to see that.

Fury is fighting wilder in feb.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...lly-set-feb-22

I say fury gets slepted for the count.

Comment

• Originally posted by saintpat View Post
        Eddie dodges questions but I guess he’s too artful a dodger for you to recognize that.

One small instance:
        Asked if Dillian Whyte has been cleared of any wrongdoing with his PED test, he answers with a question (“would they let him box if he wasn’t cleared?”) — yet they haven’t ‘let him box’ in the UK, have they? Why not come out and tell everyone what was up with the failed test and the mysteriously swapped gloves?

And you call Haymon dodgy, lol.

Ruiz can thank his mother, his father, the man on the moon if he wishes. He doesn’t have to bow down to your god Eddie.

SMFH.
        please don't project your strange devotion to al haymon onto me by referring to hearn as my 'god'. please, stop with that ****. no one is my god, probably not even 'The God' is my god these days. I don't believe in any religion/scripture for example...so why the fk would i worship eddie hearn?

I like Eddie Hearn. He talks a lot of sense..and i especially see the way he deals with all the hate and venom against him in the US.
        He does NOT dodge questions. if he said 'whyte is cleared to fight' then that's correct, he is.
        Whyte fighting in Saudi makes sense, where else is he supposed to fight? on another ppv card? in january? february?
        usually the december card is one of THE card's of the year. Whyte has historically boxed in December barring injury
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dillian_Whyte
        Chisora last yr, Chisora two years ago. Anthony Joshua the year before.

Whyte has an on going legal case going ironically against boxingscene (that article)..there are things eddie naturally can't talk about because of the nature of this business.
        to my recollection, the bbboc cleared whyte to fight on the recommendations of Vada, pending a further investigation.
        WE do not know what that investigation entails at all. Was the bbboc investigating Ukad? how is it whyte passed the vada tests but failed a ukad test? Tyson Fury for example defended whyte and said 'ukad could have set him up'..
        we don't know what has really gone on.

am i the only one who thinks al haymon hiding and the way all these boxers NEED to praise him, as weird cult like behavior?
        i remember wilder talking about al haymon like
        'oh my gawd.....uhh.....wut can i seh.......the things al haymon did for me...uhhhh....oh my gawdd....'

Anyway, look at the way you're so focused on Whyte's case..yet not a single **** was given when pacquaio boxed thurman with ZERO drug testing.
        you're hypocrites.

and the mysteriously swapped gloves?

Eddie
        'the bbboc cleared them, that has nothing to do with me'

is this difficult for you to understand?
        He answered the question and of course it makes sense. he's a promoter..you're actually ironically projecting a type of god status to him by thinking he controls everything.

and you call al haymon dodgy
        of course i do.
        The guy used an investment fund, through a different company name...to take $930m of investors money..and then they tried to sue al haymon and failed because they're pissed off and didnt know it was going to this pbc project, they had no clue about the pbc. This investment is now worth around $300m today.
        Where did the money go?
        The value was so low based on the figures and strategy of pbc...making it clear that pbc is in major losses and cannot generate profits.

so it seems like one major scam...and then you thick bastards talk about 'side money' like that isnt money laundering.

the reality is al haymon thought he could monopolise boxing...and with zero originality, he just wanted to make a 'ufc for boxing...
        build up bs padded records and then con the public into buying the fights on ppv.

when eddie hearn came to the US, the first boxer he signed was Daniel Jacobs. He talked about how he liked DJ because 'he was told he may never walk again'.
        He received hate and propaganda against him from people like Richard Schaeffer, a guy who was so desperate to control the UK market he signed a partnership deal with David Haye. all about 'yeh likes get together and finish eddie hearn'.
        that turned out well didnt it?

i have to admire (not worship) a guy, who had all the other promoters in the uk join forces to put him out of business
        https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...-with-Sky.html
        and he owned them all

you know the likes of schaeffer, oscar, ellerbe, shirley, arum are all trying to own him too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inspired View Post
          please don't project your strange devotion to al haymon onto me by referring to hearn as my 'god'. please, stop with that ****. no one is my god, probably not even 'The God' is my god these days. I don't believe in any religion/scripture for example...so why the fk would i worship eddie hearn?

I like Eddie Hearn. He talks a lot of sense..and i especially see the way he deals with all the hate and venom against him in the US.
          He does NOT dodge questions. if he said 'whyte is cleared to fight' then that's correct, he is.
          Whyte fighting in Saudi makes sense, where else is he supposed to fight? on another ppv card? in january? february?
          usually the december card is one of THE card's of the year. Whyte has historically boxed in December barring injury
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dillian_Whyte
          Chisora last yr, Chisora two years ago. Anthony Joshua the year before.

Whyte has an on going legal case going ironically against boxingscene (that article)..there are things eddie naturally can't talk about because of the nature of this business.
          to my recollection, the bbboc cleared whyte to fight on the recommendations of Vada, pending a further investigation.
          WE do not know what that investigation entails at all. Was the bbboc investigating Ukad? how is it whyte passed the vada tests but failed a ukad test? Tyson Fury for example defended whyte and said 'ukad could have set him up'..
          we don't know what has really gone on.

am i the only one who thinks al haymon hiding and the way all these boxers NEED to praise him, as weird cult like behavior?
          i remember wilder talking about al haymon like
          'oh my gawd.....uhh.....wut can i seh.......the things al haymon did for me...uhhhh....oh my gawdd....'

Anyway, look at the way you're so focused on Whyte's case..yet not a single **** was given when pacquaio boxed thurman with ZERO drug testing.
          you're hypocrites.

and the mysteriously swapped gloves?

Eddie
          'the bbboc cleared them, that has nothing to do with me'

is this difficult for you to understand?
          He answered the question and of course it makes sense. he's a promoter..you're actually ironically projecting a type of god status to him by thinking he controls everything.

and you call al haymon dodgy
          of course i do.
          The guy used an investment fund, through a different company name...to take $930m of investors money..and then they tried to sue al haymon and failed because they're pissed off and didnt know it was going to this pbc project, they had no clue about the pbc. This investment is now worth around $300m today.
          Where did the money go?
          The value was so low based on the figures and strategy of pbc...making it clear that pbc is in major losses and cannot generate profits.

so it seems like one major scam...and then you thick bastards talk about 'side money' like that isnt money laundering.

the reality is al haymon thought he could monopolise boxing...and with zero originality, he just wanted to make a 'ufc for boxing...
          build up bs padded records and then con the public into buying the fights on ppv.

when eddie hearn came to the US, the first boxer he signed was Daniel Jacobs. He talked about how he liked DJ because 'he was told he may never walk again'.
          He received hate and propaganda against him from people like Richard Schaeffer, a guy who was so desperate to control the UK market he signed a partnership deal with David Haye. all about 'yeh likes get together and finish eddie hearn'.
          that turned out well didnt it?

i have to admire (not worship) a guy, who had all the other promoters in the uk join forces to put him out of business
          https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...-with-Sky.html
          and he owned them all

you know the likes of schaeffer, oscar, ellerbe, shirley, arum are all trying to own him too.
          Ironic that you used the word ‘project’ then proceeded to project all of the Matchroom FC party line bullspit on Haymon.

Money laundering? LOL. The reason fighters are paid on the side by PBC rather than all as purse money is for tax purposes. It was done in Ali and Frazier’s day and has been done since. That’s why Wilder’s promotional company had its name (along with others) on the promotional banner of the Ortiz fight ... they can pay him a $3M purse, which is personal income and subject to income taxes, and pay his company his minimum guarantee (as reported) of the other $17M (or more) as co-promoter and that money isn’t taxed the same. It’s probably a corporation setup that allows him to deduct all his training expenses, travel, etc., and a whole lot more and write it off so he doesn’t have to hand over as large a sum to the government.

That’s called business. It’s done every day, but most fighters aren’t smart enough and don’t have the kind of help from their promoters and advisors to set up tax shelters so they end up broke.

You cite a failed lawsuit as proof of fraud? Then why did it fail if Haymon defrauded investors?

You think he hasn’t generated profit? You think May vs. McGregor lost money and May-Pac lost money? He’s generated more profit in those two fights alone than any other living promoters probably have in their entire careers.

I don’t think Haymon is a god, but you ‘like’ Eddie, you say, and get personally offended when someone points out truth.

Comment

Ironic that you used the word ‘project’ then proceeded to project all of the Matchroom FC party line bullspit on Haymon.

Money laundering? LOL. The reason fighters are paid on the side by PBC rather than all as purse money is for tax purposes. It was done in Ali and Frazier’s day and has been done since. That’s why Wilder’s promotional company had its name (along with others) on the promotional banner of the Ortiz fight ... they can pay him a $3M purse, which is personal income and subject to income taxes, and pay his company his minimum guarantee (as reported) of the other $17M (or more) as co-promoter and that money isn’t taxed the same. It’s probably a corporation setup that allows him to deduct all his training expenses, travel, etc., and a whole lot more and write it off so he doesn’t have to hand over as large a sum to the government.

That’s called business. It’s done every day, but most fighters aren’t smart enough and don’t have the kind of help from their promoters and advisors to set up tax shelters so they end up broke.

You cite a failed lawsuit as proof of fraud? Then why did it fail if Haymon defrauded investors?

You think he hasn’t generated profit? You think May vs. McGregor lost money and May-Pac lost money? He’s generated more profit in those two fights alone than any other living promoters probably have in their entire careers.

I don’t think Haymon is a god, but you ‘like’ Eddie, you say, and get personally offended when someone points out truth.
            ive been running businesses since i was 18..aswell as paying employee's, im assuming the tax set up for companies is similar in the uk to the US, as it is in most countries.

they can pay him a $3M purse, which is personal income and subject to income taxes, and pay his company his minimum guarantee (as reported) of the other $17M (or more) as co-promoter and that money isn’t taxed the same.

in this case, literally there is no need to pay 2 types of payments.
            a direct personal payment which is subject to income tax..gives the boxer less net income..than a payment through their own company via a minimum annual salary and the rest in dividends, after the corporation tax and even the dividend tax.

furthermore in this case...they would just outright declare the actual net purse in whatever form..i mean it looks better for them to say 'spence is getting $10-15m than '$3m and some side money'. since pbc are effectively paying $10-15m...why would they tell everyone $3m? that looks bad.

the 'side money' stuff has been declare unofficially..not officially
            that's why im talking about money laundering.
            it's people saying
            'yeh but everyone really knows that al haymon pays that side money you know?'
            like 'he's paying us cash you dont know about, under the table'
            that's why it's called 'side money'.

As for the failed lawsuits, actually im not sure if it's 'failed', it may still be on going. They're suing Waddell and Reed, but it still links back to al haymon.
            https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/5/2...ns-boxing-news

as for 'matchroom fc' narratives..
            do you mean they are a bunch of people who side with matchroom/eddie hearn and see the same logic in something i do too?

the points im making aren't borrowed by other people. i dont recall eddie hearn or anyone associated with him..or any online channel saying this.
            however i can deduce to the same conclusion my own way.

btw i tend to talk about this stuff moreso because of the anti-hearn narratives/agenda on here.
            it's kind of like how western media is pro-zionist..right now they're all anti Corbyn because he's anti-zionist
            so guess who im voting?

Comment

• Originally posted by Inspired View Post
              ive been running businesses since i was 18..aswell as paying employee's, im assuming the tax set up for companies is similar in the uk to the US, as it is in most countries.

they can pay him a $3M purse, which is personal income and subject to income taxes, and pay his company his minimum guarantee (as reported) of the other $17M (or more) as co-promoter and that money isn’t taxed the same.

in this case, literally there is no need to pay 2 types of payments.
              a direct personal payment which is subject to income tax..gives the boxer less net income..than a payment through their own company via a minimum annual salary and the rest in dividends, after the corporation tax and even the dividend tax.

furthermore in this case...they would just outright declare the actual net purse in whatever form..i mean it looks better for them to say 'spence is getting $10-15m than '$3m and some side money'. since pbc are effectively paying $10-15m...why would they tell everyone $3m? that looks bad.

the 'side money' stuff has been declare unofficially..not officially
              that's why im talking about money laundering.
              it's people saying
              'yeh but everyone really knows that al haymon pays that side money you know?'
              like 'he's paying us cash you dont know about, under the table'
              that's why it's called 'side money'.

As for the failed lawsuits, actually im not sure if it's 'failed', it may still be on going. They're suing Waddell and Reed, but it still links back to al haymon.
              https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/5/2...ns-boxing-news

as for 'matchroom fc' narratives..
              do you mean they are a bunch of people who side with matchroom/eddie hearn and see the same logic in something i do too?

the points im making aren't borrowed by other people. i dont recall eddie hearn or anyone associated with him..or any online channel saying this.
              however i can deduce to the same conclusion my own way.

btw i tend to talk about this stuff moreso because of the anti-hearn narratives/agenda on here.
              it's kind of like how western media is pro-zionist..right now they're all anti Corbyn because he's anti-zionist
              so guess who im voting?
              It’s not up for a vote, lol.

But on your point on taxes, you really don’t understand boxing. I’ll give you a 101 primer on how taxes work in boxing:

Boxer gets, to make it nice and round, a $1M purse. His managers and trainer(s) are getting cuts off that, let’s say 25 percent total.

So he’s left with $750K.

But guess what? He’s taxed for the full $1M and then pays them $250K out of what’s left. Because the money belonged to him before it belonged to them. (And then they have to pay income tax on their cuts, but that’s not on the boxer.)

That tax bracket is roughly 30 percent. So he is actually down from $1M to $450K-ish. More than half of his money is gone before he can count it.

That’s how Joe Louis ended up bankrupt. The government came after him because he paid income tax on HIS CUT of the purses and the IRS demanded income tax on the ENTIRE purse, even though that money wen to his manager and trainer.

Set up a corporation — in this case a promotional one — and avoid getting the income tax being taken off the top.

There are other tax advantages to taking a big hunk to a corporation because there’s ways to avoid paying taxes on a lot of it for various other reasons, including depreciation if there are physical assets (maybe the promotion owns the physical plant of the gym where he trains and all the boxing equipment, for instance) and other subtleties a good accountant can help with — tax shelters. An individual taking all that in income cannot possibly come out as well.
              Last edited by saintpat; 11-27-2019, 08:35 PM.

Comment

It’s not up for a vote, lol.

But on your point on taxes, you really don’t understand boxing. I’ll give you a 101 primer on how taxes work in boxing:

Boxer gets, to make it nice and round, a $1M purse. His managers and trainer(s) are getting cuts off that, let’s say 25 percent total.

So he’s left with $750K.

But guess what? He’s taxed for the full $1M and then pays them $250K out of what’s left. Because the money belonged to him before it belonged to them. (And then they have to pay income tax on their cuts, but that’s not on the boxer.)

That tax bracket is roughly 30 percent. So he is actually down from $1M to $450K-ish. More than half of his money is gone before he can count it.

That’s how Joe Louis ended up bankrupt. The government came after him because he paid income tax on HIS CUT of the purses and the IRS demanded income tax on the ENTIRE purse, even though that money wen to his manager and trainer.

Set up a corporation — in this case a promotional one — and avoid getting the income tax being taken off the top.

There are other tax advantages to taking a big hunk to a corporation because there’s ways to avoid paying taxes on a lot of it for various other reasons, including depreciation if there are physical assets (maybe the promotion owns the physical plant of the gym where he trains and all the boxing equipment, for instance) and other subtleties a good accountant can help with — tax shelters. An individual taking all that in income cannot possibly come out as well.

you're confusing income with Turnover..and income tax with VAT
                vat paid is refunded against vat received.

boxing is no different to anything else, it's a business, money in money out..and different types of taxes

joe louis got ****ed because the higher bracket tax rate was like 80% in his time...and because the money he was gifted to charitable donations, werent properly documented in order to qualify him for tax relief.
                plus, the unpaid taxes meant he was fined, it's usually double...

"An initial assessment of half a million dollars ballooned to over $1,250,000 by the mid 1950s as interest and penalties accumulated. "

the best thing to do would have been for joe louis to fight for free...and receive the money in the form of loans that he could pay back whenever he wanted.
                wait for the tax rate to reduce down the line, return it (or what's left), have the loan written off and receive a payment for 'services' of that remaining amount and pay the current tax rate which would be lower.

he was obv not receiving the right financial advice.

Comment

Working...
                X