Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum "Something is mentally disturbing Fred Roach, I paid him and sent his check"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
    Indeed. Bob just did an interview where he said he isn't sure Manny will fight Horn again and that Horn beats any WW in a straight up fight.
    I strongly doubt Horn beats Spence or Thurman, in sheer skill.

I have doubts that Horn is smart enough to beat Bradley. Tough, yes. Smarter, not sure.

Porter/Horn as I've said is a straight toss up that I can't call.

"Any welterweight?" No. 80% of the current welters? Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
      Definitely not for guy's getting ripped off, but Manny is silly. Every one of Bob's stars leave and build their own platform once they get big enough(Floyd, Cotto, De La Hoya).

He stays on to get anally violated
      Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
      I agree it's a sad situation really, but the real problem is the people he has around him don't have his best interests at heart (Koncz works for Top Rank, and Roach just wants to get paid). I feel like he should've left The Bobfather years ago but it's obvious that he either wasn't smart enough to do it or couldn't for whatever reason. Regardless, now he's at the end of his career and not even getting paid
      I'm starting to believe more and more the conspiracy theory that Bob does indeed have something on Manny. Could it be some level of proof on the rumored PED use? Something else? Or maybe it's just the fact that Manny came from the gutters of a third world country with absolutely nothing, and is blindingly loyal to Arum because Bob promoted him along the way of becoming one of the highest grossing fighters in the history of the sport. As lowly as most of us think of Bob, it's not at all far fetched to think that Manny feels forever indebted to him.

But it's one of the two. It has to be. Either Manny is incredibly blinded by loyalty or Bob has something on him.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
        I strongly doubt Horn beats Spence or Thurman, in sheer skill.

I have doubts that Horn is smart enough to beat Bradley. Tough, yes. Smarter, not sure.

Porter/Horn as I've said is a straight toss up that I can't call.

"Any welterweight?" No. 80% of the current welters? Yes.
        Those are strictly The Bobfather's thoughts and not mine

I agree, Spence/Thurman would beat him the other two would be closer.

Comment

Roach was trying to help Pac get another fight outside of Bob. Mikey, Danny, Khan or Floyd rematch. All of those fights would mean Pac leaving bob, as Pac himself was saying.

Arum has got some tricks up his sleave. Not sending checks, or sending them late, and arbitrarily small is how Arum likes to punish people. He's kinda infamous for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            I'm starting to believe more and more the conspiracy theory that Bob does indeed have something on Manny. Could it be some level of proof on the rumored PED use? Something else? Or maybe it's just the fact that Manny came from the gutters of a third world country with absolutely nothing, and is blindingly loyal to Arum because Bob promoted him along the way of becoming one of the highest grossing fighters in the history of the sport. As lowly as most of us think of Bob, it's not at all far fetched to think that Manny feels forever indebted to him.

But it's one of the two. It has to be. Either Manny is incredibly blinded by loyalty or Bob has something on him.
            No doubt it. Manny was saying its the last fight with Arum and he's a free agent afterwards. Doubt he'd consider leaving if Arum has legit dirt on him.

Comment

Working...
            X