Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Wlad Pull a Larry Holmes on Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Wlad Pull a Larry Holmes on Joshua?

Did anyone realize Larry Homes at 42 years old defeated Ray Mercer in his 19th pro fight and beat the undefeated highly touted olympic gold medalist prospect ?

Im going to say no, but to use the age excuse to say NO ONE of that age can win anymore is dumb. Wlad is superior in every way to any 40's boxer in history.He will be motivated and prepared properly this time around,and defeating Wlad twice ina row is obviously a difficult task for ANYONE.

If Joshua wins there should be no excuses,i cant even find ANYONE with a better resume than Joshua has in 19 fights. Everyone else has fought more guys that lost their previous bout,overall Joshua will make history defeating such a opponent in 19 fights should he win.

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    Did anyone realize Larry Homes at 42 years old defeated Ray Mercer in his 19th pro fight and beat the undefeated highly touted olympic gold medalist prospect ?

Im going to say no, but to use the age excuse to say NO ONE of that age can win anymore is dumb. Wlad is superior in every way to any 40's boxer in history.He will be motivated and prepared properly this time around,and defeating Wlad twice ina row is obviously a difficult task for ANYONE.

If Joshua wins there should be no excuses,i cant even find ANYONE with a better resume than Joshua has in 19 fights. Everyone else has fought more guys that lost their previous bout,overall Joshua will make history defeating such a opponent in 19 fights should he win.
    Its a shame because we all know that the usual suspects are gonna say Wlad was shot, old, ect. Joshua is going to knock him out for sure. Then if he ever fights Wilder it will be Deontays bad arm that gave Joshua the win. If it's Fury he beats it'll be his drug problem. Ortiz will be age. Parker will just become a bum who ain't fought anyone. And then they will dig up everyone since John L Sullivan and all of them "would've beat him easy".

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
      Its a shame because we all know that the usual suspects are gonna say Wlad was shot, old, ect. Joshua is going to knock him out for sure. Then if he ever fights Wilder it will be Deontays bad arm that gave Joshua the win. If it's Fury he beats it'll be his drug problem. Ortiz will be age. Parker will just become a bum who ain't fought anyone. And then they will dig up everyone since John L Sullivan and all of them "would've beat him easy".
      Welcome to the dominant era fighter...this basically goes for almost anyone that was the best. The true boxing brains,know Joshua is the man to defeat.

I certainly know my boxing and if Wlad wins it will be a great win and if Joshua wins he will have done something no one else in boxing history has done in 19 fights. Im just waiting on what fool will try and tell me otherwise which why no one has responded besides you which i agree with,but nothing is a certainy in this one i give Joshua about a 65% chance to k.o Wlad....

Comment

You mean Larry on Tyson right.. airhead

Comment

Klit can't even pull his own trigger, least of all pull a Larry Holmes.

Comment

As a rule a boxer peaks physically at 25 to 27 years old and may stay at that peak until 30 years old or maybe a few years older than that. No boxer including Holmes and Hopkins is at their best physically at 40 years old or older. Wlad at 42 has a legitimate excuse for losing to 26 year old A.J. Most fans give Wlad a chance to win because of his experience and huge punch. If it was the 32 year old version of Wlad his chances of winning would be much greater.

Comment

Being shot, old, gun shy or whatever excuses people made didn't stop them from making Furry the current best HW after defeated Wlad.. Wlad has slowed down since the last 2yrs and it's not a surprise because he is getting old.. but I still feel he has what it takes to beat the current crop.. imagine if instead of AJ it was Wilder vs Wlad, he'd be favored to win and the odds will be against Wilder..
              If AJ wins he should get credit because he defeated the #2 HW because #1 HW just went ******.. that said, I'm rotting for Wlad to win.. war Wlad

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                Being shot, old, gun shy or whatever excuses people made didn't stop them from making Furry the current best HW after defeated Wlad.. Wlad has slowed down since the last 2yrs and it's not a surprise because he is getting old.. but I still feel he has what it takes to beat the current crop.. imagine if instead of AJ it was Wilder vs Wlad, he'd be favored to win and the odds will be against Wilder..
                If AJ wins he should get credit because he defeated the #2 HW because #1 HW just went ******.. that said, I'm rotting for Wlad to win.. war Wlad
                Yep Wlad would k.O wilder without question.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  As a rule a boxer peaks physically at 25 to 27 years old and may stay at that peak until 30 years old or maybe a few years older than that. No boxer including Holmes and Hopkins is at their best physically at 40 years old or older. Wlad at 42 has a legitimate excuse for losing to 26 year old A.J. Most fans give Wlad a chance to win because of his experience and huge punch. If it was the 32 year old version of Wlad his chances of winning would be much greater.
                  That rule is outdated its not the 70's anymore or even the 80's ...You do realize Lewis also peaked about mid/late 30's right? Wlad is exceptional athlete you guys better get ready for those excuses if Wlad loses....lol

Look up ANY RECORD you like and list ANYONES 19th fight where joshua is at now and see if it stacks up to Wlad Klitchko even at 41.

Comment

Working...
                  X