Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward says, a Sergey Kovalev rematch must make sense first. What does that mean?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward doesnt want to get beat up and exposed again, because he knows the second time he is not getting another christmas gift. Same with Pac Bradley 1 but Bradley never acted as a Diva like Ward. Ward is just ridiculous, a terrible human being.

Comment

I think it's pretty clear what he means. Duva isn't get her own way.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        It means Andre wants no rematch and is beginning g to put road blocks for the rematch and is satisfied with the gift. So kovalev will sue the hell out of wafd for violating the contract and would be forced to retire and vacate or fight him.
        So much this.

Ward has got to realize, that he doesn't have "options." He either has to rematch Kovalev if he exercises the clause, or retire.

If he tries to fight another man, all Duva has to do is go to a judge and get an injunction against the fight. Don King did it against what's his face - Mayorga - more than once I believe lol.

Ward don't want it - he knows what time it is.

Lol history will remember exactly what happened - three american judges, and a biased american ref, who let Ward get away with the most holding, and clinching I've ever seen, who got put on his arse, and made the fight ugly as hell, but still got outboxed in the championship rounds, got a gift decision...

Lol, yeah Ward, just like "history" has the Whitaker/Chavez fight a draw too, aye? Or the Bradley beat Pacquiao in the first fight, aye? Hahah.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThirdEye View Post

Andre Ward:
          12/09/2016 - “I think Kathy has to realize she’s not on the A-side now,”. “Her fighter is not the champion. Things are different. She can say she’s exercising our rematch clause and that’s fine. But when we decide to come to the table, we’ll see if it’s right. But in order for me to get back into the ring period, it has to make sense. The situation has to be right. It’s unfortunate that Kovalev is resorting to what he’s resorting to and saying what he said. I expected more from him. I think people have got to realize that it’s a unanimous decision, whether it’s one point or five points. And to say that all three judges got it wrong, I don’t know. I can’t tell you the amount of fans that said, ‘Bro, I had you up by two. I had you put up a point.’ I’m not going to let the boxing media try and twist it. It was a tremendous victory, man. They can write and say what they want. It doesn’t change the course of history. It doesn’t change my legacy. I’m not bothered. I’m not angry.”

The issue is, Ward didn't extend or signed up a new contract deal with HBO yet. Which means he and his team may or may not decide to agree to listen Adonis Stevenson calls, and settle a fight with him on another network than HBO, for more (pesos = If it make sense). It's easy for media representatives, to brush off Stevenson from the equasion, just because for most blind followers, he's not the ideal Undisputed young Champion they would wants to see winning; Thanks to the medias work.
          But most fans doesn't catch that right, Andre Ward is Virgil Hunter's son, since "Ward Sr" choosen Hunter, as the main disciplinary figure to take the responsibility of leading Andre's destiny, in this world. The term S.O.G is the name Hunter gives to his child, because he believes Andre's adoption came from God will. Do you think Virgil will agree to put Ward at risk again, against Kovalev; let's be serious. When Ward took that knock down, he was lost in his mind, already thinking it was over, but Hunter (Mr. Faith) gave him the most surrealistic speech a father could give to a son, he made a miracle by resetting Ward's focus til the end of this fight; (Ward fought back boosted, like he had an Energy refill). So as some of you didn't notice, Hunter's recipe for Ward success, is to never agree to make rematches; his quote: (If you win, let's move on) , and that's how Andre Ward ever rolled.
          Knowing this obvious pattern, why Andre Ward would vacate or loose the chance to become the 1st Undisputed LHW Champion of the history by not fighting this One single fight against aging Adonis Stevenson. First, Ward have no TV contract. Second, most followers already believes Kovalev's a better fighter than Stevenson. Third, Stevenson can guarantee Ward, more than 5 millions revenues for both parties. So why Ward wouldn't complete the second Chapter of his legacy, by fighting Stevenson 1 time only, for the Undisputed title and number 1 spot in the world Pound-for-pound ranking.
          If a Kovalev fight is not part of his team plan, Why not Stevenson, now?
          Yes it does. To suggest otherwise is to deny i.e Sweet Peas greatness or Oscars greatness..

I had Pea beating JCC & Ramirez both of whom he officially lost to. I had Oscar beating Tito EASILY & going 1-1 with Mosley too. The mass consensus is ultimately what will judge not Sven Otke like decisions.. History will judge this fight. It will marinate & the longer Ward obfuscates the more he will look like hes having second thoughts. He did not win that fight! He is in denial & for a religious man he shows no humility or praise for a man who CLEARLY defeated him.
          Last edited by 1g5a22; 12-10-2016, 06:54 AM.

Comment

It's a real shame to have a champion behave like this.
            If he thinks he won, that's fine. But he needs to understand there are alot of viewers who strongly disagree with the decision.
            The rematch needs to happen, and the rematch clause is in place.
            No need for anything else.

He wants people to think he had the fight won easy (which is laughable)
            his rep will only decrease more and more if he steers from this rematch.

Comment

not surprised at all.

funny to see his fans, trying to explain how he won, and how this slick fellow aint no P*SSY.

Comment

He's gonna duck the guy he just fought again for the first time.

Comment

A rematch clause means a rematch happens. Don't know what Ward is beating around the bush for.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
                    So much this.

Ward has got to realize, that he doesn't have "options." He either has to rematch Kovalev if he exercises the clause, or retire.

If he tries to fight another man, all Duva has to do is go to a judge and get an injunction against the fight. Don King did it against what's his face - Mayorga - more than once I believe lol.

Ward don't want it - he knows what time it is.

Lol history will remember exactly what happened - three american judges, and a biased american ref, who let Ward get away with the most holding, and clinching I've ever seen, who got put on his arse, and made the fight ugly as hell, but still got outboxed in the championship rounds, got a gift decision...

Lol, yeah Ward, just like "history" has the Whitaker/Chavez fight a draw too, aye? Or the Bradley beat Pacquiao in the first fight, aye? Hahah.
                    His contract with HBO is up,so theoretically he could just say that he couldn't come to an agreement with HBO and go fight Stevenson on another network.

Comment

It means the gutless 'champ' will only rematch him in oakland, when its refereed by another yank and judged by another 3 yanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X