Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Has a Fighter Ever Mocked his Opponent Like That?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Ah! How could I forget Mr Calzaghe!?

Yes, good call. The Diaz bros deserve mention.
    The "Stockton Slap";

Bit of trivia for those who don't know, Nate Diaz ^ has trained with Andre Ward.

Ha ha! Nice. I've got one of those (don't remember which). Gotta dust it off. Fun stuff.
    Would I be crazy to say he was the best showman of the last twenty years? In terms of entertainment, I never saw a Calzaghe fight where I didn't react multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
      Would I be crazy to say he was the best showman of the last twenty years? In terms of entertainment, I never saw a Calzaghe fight where I didn't react multiple times.
      You might be crazy but, if so, we're both in good company. He's my all-time favorite to watch. If I haven't been working out for a couple months, I will put on some Calzaghe fights to get that enthusiasm back.
      Hell, my wife actually started hitting the heavy bag regularly after seeing the Joe Calzaghe movie.

It might be that he wasn't physically gifted (in fact, his hands were bad), never learned great skills. He just trained his ass off and used his whit and hunger to go out there and take it. I admire the hell out of that guy.

A lot of the guys I respect get a ton of hate on here. Maybe it's because I look at how hard it was for them to get where they got, whereas a lot of fans like the guys who make it look easy.

Comment

You might be crazy but, if so, we're both in good company. He's my all-time favorite to watch. If I haven't been working out for a couple months, I will put on some Calzaghe fights to get that enthusiasm back.
        Hell, my wife actually started hitting the heavy bag regularly after seeing the Joe Calzaghe movie.

It might be that he wasn't physically gifted (in fact, his hands were bad), never learned great skills. He just trained his ass off and used his whit and hunger to go out there and take it. I admire the hell out of that guy.

A lot of the guys I respect get a ton of hate on here. Maybe it's because I look at how hard it was for them to get where they got, whereas a lot of fans like the guys who make it look easy.
        Man that's it. Calzaghe brought such a high level of energy and enthusiasm. He wasn't the most technically sound, sure, but it really didn't matter with him. I'm like you. Every time I watch one of his fights, I want to get up, shadow box and hit the bag. He was unreal. Even got your wife into it? Now that is special. Never have seen a woman want to hit the bag after watching any fight.

Yeah, I mean, I don't care much for Chris Arreola but I have heard that he went through absolute hell in his life. So I respect him more because of it. I mean, hell, even John Ruiz got farther than anybody would think he would. He didn't have much IMO, but he sure used what he had. Tszyu falls into this category as well. He said there were always better fighters in the gym than himself. He worked harder, though and look at how far he got. No doubt, that hard work is just impossible not to respect.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
          walters looked real bad out there.after the fight lomachenko rubbed it in some more when said that walters is not a fighter after quitting.
          I feel terrible for Walters to be honest. I can't remember anyone being as badly embarrassed as that. Looks like Loma had that same ability GGG has to completely break the will of his opponents. Golovkin does it with power, precision, brute force and footwork, Loma does it with pure unadulterated sublime skill.

If boxing wasn't such a ***** sport nowadays and everyone actually fought to see who was the best, we might be in a golden age of sorts.

Comment

Hopkins doing pushups vs Pascal, and the entirety of Hopkins - Pavlik.

Comment

lol wut

That was one of the tamest examples of someone mocking their opponent in boxing history. And I honestly don't think he avoided him on purpose when climbing the turnbuckle, he just didn't notice him because he was too focused on... climbing the turnbuckle.

Comment

If you meant it as a literal question, Rigo has done the same thing. In MMA, Anderson Silva took it a few steps further, and Fabricio Werdum is the KING of trolling opponents.
                And, then there's this;

I'm sure some turd will take this post as an attack on Loma somehow so I have to add this disclaimer; Loma is wonderful.
                He felt that 3rd left hook, and it ruined him for the remainder of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
                  I feel terrible for Walters to be honest. I can't remember anyone being as badly embarrassed as that. Looks like Loma had that same ability GGG has to completely break the will of his opponents. Golovkin does it with power, precision, brute force and footwork, Loma does it with pure unadulterated sublime skill.

If boxing wasn't such a ***** sport nowadays and everyone actually fought to see who was the best, we might be in a golden age of sorts.
                  You may be right. That was a golden moment for sure.

Comment

If you are referring to the act itself, i have seen Nick Diaz and Anderson Silva doing it in MMA, Ali, Whitaker, Jones, Hamed in boxing.
                    When it comes to better showboating there has been plenty of better examples.

Comment

If you meant it as a literal question, Rigo has done the same thing. In MMA, Anderson Silva took it a few steps further, and Fabricio Werdum is the KING of trolling opponents.
                      And, then there's this;

I'm sure some turd will take this post as an attack on Loma somehow so I have to add this disclaimer; Loma is wonderful.
                      You better start showing Loma some got dang respect!! Announce him as #1 P4P!! Do it!!

Comment

Working...
                      X