Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch vs golovkin @168 who wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most didn't expect him to beat Abraham, Taylor, Bute, Kessler even Groves and so on

Froch was an underdog much throughout his career and never wins fantasy fights because people can't get over his crudeness which worked well for him.

Virtually every fighter is apparently a better boxer than him, his defense isn't good enough & so on but beating the man is another thing.

Most will say Golovkin & that is fair (have your opinion) but lets face it its based off nothing. You've not even seen him fight a good MW nevermind an animal of a SMW. The closest stylistically to Froch is Adamu who had pretty good success in there and that guy is not a patch on Carl Froch.

In his prime at 168 like hell would most put their money where their mouth is and bet on GGG or anybody else so unproven at weight south nevermind up 8 lbs I know that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mc,Lovin View Post
      Agreed but I keep thinking with both come forward type fighters it would turn into a shootout after 5 rounds...we all know froch gets stronger as the fight goes on....gruelling SD to froch
      I think golovkin will resist that temptation and just jab him to death. He might open up more when he sees Froch breaking down but he'd have to be very careful. I know golovkin is a big puncher but Froch is no slouch either. He's the bigger guy and probably stronger than golovkin. The last thing golovkin wants to do is give a guy like that an inch. One punch could dramatically change the fight.

Real shame this fight never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        I think golovkin will resist that temptation and just jab him to death. He might open up more when he sees Froch breaking down but he'd have to be very careful. I know golovkin is a big puncher but Froch is no slouch either. He's the bigger guy and probably stronger than golovkin. The last thing golovkin wants to do is give a guy like that an inch. One punch could dramatically change the fight.

Real shame this fight never happened.
        Smart breakdown.,..yeah we as fans lost out on that one....minus a brutal ko both would have walked away with huge respect

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Most didn't expect him to beat Abraham, Taylor, Bute, Kessler even Groves and so on

Froch was an underdog much throughout his career and never wins fantasy fights because people can't get over his crudeness which worked well for him.

Virtually every fighter is apparently a better boxer than him, his defense isn't good enough & so on but beating the man is another thing.

Most will say Golovkin & that is fair (have your opinion) but lets face it its based off nothing. You've not even seen him fight a good MW nevermind an animal of a SMW. The closest stylistically to Froch is Adamu who had pretty good success in there and that guy is not a patch on Carl Froch.

In his prime at 168 like hell would most put their money where their mouth is and bet on GGG or anybody else so unproven at weight south nevermind up 8 lbs I know that much.
          Yeah I was a calzaghe fan so I laughed when froch arrived,I picked robin Reid to beat him,Taylor,Kessler and I thought Abraham might be the one to ko him....I learned to stop counting froch out

Comment

Golovkin would KO Froch with ease

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco Slim View Post
              Golovkin would KO Froch with ease
              If Murray makes it 11 rounds no way in hell he puts out froch

Comment

Originally posted by Mc,Lovin View Post
                If Murray makes it 11 rounds no way in hell he puts out froch
                Froch was almost knocked out by George Groves

GEORGE GROVES

Comment

Right now, or even the past 2 years I would say Golovkin stoppage..

George groves was dropping and handling froch both times. Ggg would have finished him..

Prime froch from super 6 days I would favor over ggg

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Right now, or even the past 2 years I would say Golovkin stoppage..

George groves was dropping and handling froch both times. Ggg would have finished him..

Prime froch from super 6 days I would favor over ggg
                    Fair enough...my dispute is froch didn't train properly for groves1(his own damn fault)and he still survived that and won....something we have yet to see GGG do(not his fault)...groves 2,froch trained properly George couldn't touch him and got rocked to sleep

Comment

Froch was almost 40, on the decline & overlooked Groves who can most certainly punch (proven at 168), he overextended & got hit with a perfectly timed counter.
                      What did he have like 16 K.Os in 19 fights and was rocking Glen Johnson left & right?

Golovkin might not even carry his power up. Abraham for one had around the same K.O ratio against better opposition and more one punch knockouts, his power wasn't anywhere near as effective when he moved up.

And why are we taking Froch at the tale end of his career, at his worst?

Comment

Working...
                      X