Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roberto Duran is literally the most overrated boxer in history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you literally just learn what literally means?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
      James Toney lost to C level fighters too whats your opinion on that?

I agree that Duran might just be a little bit overrated but he certainly is a god damn ATG at his lower weights of 135-147 he was one of the best we've likely ever seen.
      He did but hes 100 miles away from being in the same class as Duran in the eyes of boxing fans
      He won most of high profile fights
      Its just sheep mentality, people who just cant judge a fighter objectively

Comment

I know this is a troll thread but **** it....

A 'green' Sugar Ray Leonard 2 fights before he fought Roberto Duran

Comment

One can debate Duran's position on an ATG list but not his inclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
            This "ATG" lost to C level fighters in Robbie Sims and Kirkland Laing
            Literally beat only one good opponent in a green SRL and thats only because he decided to brawl with Duran, and Duran still almost lost

He got absouletly humiliated by Thomas Hearns who was chinny and gets praised for beating a novice, C level fighter in Davey Moore and a guy whos lost like 10 times in Iran Barkley.
            Yet people actually call this bum an "ATG", he fought cab drivers as a lightweight and the first decent guy he fought he lost too in esteban and lets face it esteban isnt really anything special

Find it hilarious when people say Duran would beat Pacquiao or Mayweather, he would literally be a stepping stone for those guys onto bigger and better things. He has abstemiously NOTHING on them, Nothing.
            To be an ATG you actually have to win your high profile fights, not lose just about all of them. He couldnt even beat above average fighters who ATGs should be beating like Benetiz.

As i said, literally the most overrated boxer in history. He beat a bunch of ok fighters but everytime he stepped up he lost. Thats the story of his fat tomato can durans career.
            I literally want to know what you smoke, snort, shoot up, or drink that can make you this ******ed

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
              I literally want to know what you smoke, snort, shoot up, or drink that can make you this ******ed
              I think he has an app that allows him to plug a USB cord into his computer and his asshole while taking a shit and then converts the shit into a post.

I didn't know the app had a thread starting capability.

Comment

Someone meeds to take this clown's posting privileges away.

Comment

Honestly I think a lot of people on NSB either praise Duran or hate him without have ever watching a full fight of his. A lot of people go by what they read or by what they have heard. Or they are nutthuggers of a certain fighter and they base their opinion of him from what the fighter they are nut hugging thinks.

Comment

Duran is an ATG for lightweight run, but yes he is overrated. I grew up watching him, I grew up watching all those guys as a kid, and when Duran quit like that everyone knew he got paid off and threw that fight. He lost all credibility, Duran is no quitter and to give up and not give an actual reason for why? Dude took some money to lose.

Also if Chavez Sr and Duran both fight at 140 pounds, in their primes, I would favor Chavez Sr.

Duran reminds me of Shane Mosley in the sense that they were great lightweights, but get praised for fighting everyone even if they lose to those greats.

If Duran had never quit against Leonard the way he did without taking any damage, people wouldn't have mixed feelings on him. Its weird how young some of you guys are, I remember the No Mas fight and Duran was getting hammered, he was a pariah, people were saying he got paid off, it was a huge controversy and for those of you alive or old enough to remember that fight ruined his legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
                      He did but hes 100 miles away from being in the same class as Duran in the eyes of boxing fans
                      He won most of high profile fights
                      Its just sheep mentality, people who just cant judge a fighter objectively
                      Please name one win JT has that equals or is better than Durans win over a prime Sugar Ray Leonard?

Comment

Working...
                      X