No announcement yet.

Brandon Rios leave Robert Garcia, this dude is not a serious trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Rios leave Robert Garcia, this dude is not a serious trainer

Watching his videos over and over on ESNEWS and all this dude does is eat, and clown around, I feel bad for those Russians training there, if I were the Russians I would go to Palm Springs/Indio area and train with Joel Diaz over Garcia.

This dude Robert Garcia sucks, always eating and talking smack never serious, I could never train with a trainer like him, its cool to joke around once and a while but a fighter needs a trainer they can look up to and respect who is serious and strict not some clown you look down to and even call him a mufu.kka.

This guy and two other dudes are the ones who work the mitts and take care of the fighters, while Robert collects the majority of the check and works the corner on fight night, this dude is a slob, seriously who would waste their time training with him? He doesn't do jack, I wish Brandon Rios would leave Garcia, he needs to get with a strict coach who doesn't joke around and let him balloon in weight.

Garcia is the mexican version of Buddy McGirt both guys let themselves go and lack energy.

Can someone tell me how Garcia still gets jobs as a trainer?

Comment

Wow I thought Garcia and Rios had a good relationship, Funny they always catch him eating but maybe thats when he has time to actually talk to the fans.

Comment

You probably should've changed your thread title, it makes it sound like Rios left Garcia and said that about him.

Brandon ain't leaving Robert, they're like family. Brandon did it to himself, he's a grown man and made the choice to slack off. His career is essential complete anyways, he might have a couple showcase fights from here on out.

Comment

he really is a bad trainer

Comment

I don't think Rios is going anywhere, but if he did, I wonder what he'd be looking for. I cannot imagine Brandon Rios coming into a boxing ring and not fighting exactly how he does right now.

Comment

just because u see him laughing on camera don't mean that's all he does all day, I mean its only 2-10 mins per video, and there are 24 hours in a day, but rios doesn't take care of his body

Comment

I do feel like Garcia just sort of hangs around the gym and throws all his fighters into a session like any average joe would experience should they join a boxing club.

Unlike Freddie for example who frequently has fighters leaving because hedoesn't have the time for them, Roach dedicates long hours into teaching his guys. Garcia seems to have a system where it wouldn't matter how many fighters he has. I don't think there's even one fighter who he is heavily dedicated to.

But this is obviously outside looking in.
                Last edited by SplitSecond; 12-02-2015, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  Can someone tell me how Garcia still gets jobs as a trainer?
                  Awful slob. Professional sunflower seed eater only.

Comment

The way he helped Maidana become a much better fighter proves how good he is as a trainer, funny thing is that the changes he made with Chino are exactly the same changes he must do with Rios, difference is Chino was about business and his time in the US was like a mission for him, he didn't go there to have fun and Robert to him was a trainer, not a friend. Rios on the other hand is the exact opposite, he needs someone who's more strict and who's gonna be harder on him than Robert.

Comment

Working...
                    X