No announcement yet.

Best Reasons To Explain Being Late?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Little advice to you and your generation. The thing I hate the most, and most employers hate, is tardiness.

It shows blatant disrespect and disregard for the job you are doing. If you are scheduled to be at work at 8am, then getting there at 8am, is already late. Being there exactly at the time you should be there is LATE. You should be 10 minutes early to EVERYTHING you do, unless you are a rap or rock star.

You should also leave work about 20 minutes to 1/2 hour later every day as well. That will show well with the boss, and you will be promoted faster than anyone else. It shows you are there, interested and care about the job you are doing.

It takes me 15 minutes to get to work every morning, I leave 1/2 hour before I have to be there. I'm first in, almost always last out. I have gotten bonuses every single year, and advanced in my job very rapidly.

Just some advice, you can take it or think I'm full of **** and being old fashioned but it's the best thing you can do.
    This guy is a sucker. Total up all them extra hours you've wasted.

I arrive at work 10 minutes late everyday and leave 20 minutes early.

Comment

If I have to miss a day or am going to be late, I just will say a family member died.

I've killed most of my family off with that excuse.

Comment

"i'm late, but i'm of a massive benefit to the productivity of this company in spite of my tardiness."

who gives a f#ck about five f#cking minutes if you're on freaking commission?

as rory said, stretch this dude out neatly.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
          If I have to miss a day or am going to be late, I just will say a family member died.

I've killed most of my family off with that excuse.
          One of my friends does that crap. I think his grandmother has died about 10 times by now.

If I'm going to be more than 10 minutes late, I'll send my boss an email from my phone or leave him a message. This usually only happens if there is an accident on the interstate or we get a bunch of snow and traffic is ridiculous. When this happens, everyone that takes the interstate is also late so it's not like I get bitched at.

Comment

if my boss gets pissed at me, i punch his good looking face right on that sturdy, masculine jaw.

self employment for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              if my boss gets pissed at me, i punch his good looking face right on that sturdy, masculine jaw.

self employment for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by C U NextTuesday View Post
                This guy is a sucker. Total up all them extra hours you've wasted.

I arrive at work 10 minutes late everyday and leave 20 minutes early.
                That's why you ask me if I want cheese on my burger when I go to McDonalds.

Comment

then he goes on break after he takes your order

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    then he goes on break after he takes your order
                    Hahaha, thank god those machines have pictures on them.

Comment

and he still gets the order wrong

Comment

Working...
                      X