No announcement yet.

Unbelievable performance by Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
    So I guess this means that Hopkins is going to fight Kovalev next.
    Don't jump the gun so fast. First, it's Stevenson and you know it.

Is this your criticism of Hopkins. That he is not fighting the exact opponents you want him to fight, at the exact time you want him to fight?

Comment

Hopkins is amazing no doubt but in perspective, Shumenov is only 14-2 and should have been 13-3 but they gave him the decision against Gabriel Campillo when he really lost.

Comment

It is remarkable that Hopkins is still fighting and winning at his age, but Shumenov is just not very good and furthermore has the ring IQ of concrete (to match his boots).

Comment

You can learn from Hopkins, of course not a credible opponent at all but it's nice to see a fighter display great skills after his physical tools have greatly deteriorated. The way he's able to conceal his right hand is unique, all you could see is his left shoulder and he doesn't even cock the right hand all the way back, he just releases it. Also pay attention to Hopkins' face, he's expressionless, there is nothing about that right hand that says 'telegraph'. I've always said that's the sneakiest straight right hand I've ever seen and I stand by it.

Hopkins' jab was also impressive, you usually never see fighters jab from the waist, especially against the ropes. Shumenov thought he had a target as Hopkins "looked" exposed which was deceptive and his head got snapped back with jabs that clearly bothered him. The left hook was also on point as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Picker View Post
            He beat a guy with 15 fights. Big deal. Hopkins is one of the most overrated fighters in history.
            He beat a WBA title holder and a legit top 5 or 6 light heavyweight. At 49...and he did so convincingly, with a KD to boot.

Take your hate somewhere else *****!

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
              Don't jump the gun so fast. First, it's Stevenson and you know it.

Is this your criticism of Hopkins. That he is not fighting the exact opponents you want him to fight, at the exact time you want him to fight?
              They criticize Hopkins' opponents but at least he's unifying belts. Meanwhile Kovalev can fight Cedric Agnew and Ismayl Sillakh and not a peep from these dudes.

It's comical really.

Comment

Even though Beibut Shumenov was the worst title holder by far, and this was a very predictable result, the way in which he beat him is very impressive especially at his age.

I don't think Stevenson or Kovalev will beat him unless they clip him early. Otherwise they will be in big trouble as the fight progresses.

Comment

He's going to beat Stevenson. I'm feeling pretty good about that. Hopkins is definitely one of the greats.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                    Hopkins never had physical gifts.
                    He was never Roy Jones, but Hopkins was a hard puncher and plenty quick once upon a time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      They criticize Hopkins' opponents but at least he's unifying belts. Meanwhile Kovalev can fight Cedric Agnew and Ismayl Sillakh and not a peep from these dudes.

It's comical really.
                      Yeah and Stevenson can run to Showtime to avoid Kovalev..

Comment

Working...
                      X