Whats next for Andre Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-Fight Kessler again because he's your mandatory

-Fight Froch again to shut him the **** up

-Kick Andre Dirrell's ass to shut up all of the people that say he only beats slow, plodding, flat footed opponents.

-Defeat Bute and don't act like a Froch victory over Bute = a Ward victory over Bute

- Move up to 175 and beat Cloud, Pascal, Cleverly, etc.

- Rematch Dawson at 175 if he's still atop the division after you run through Cloud, Pascal, Cleverly, etc.

There's plenty of options out there for Andre Ward. I don't know why people say there are no opponents out there for him. He's got a good 3-4 years worth of solid work out there for him.

Then after those 3-4 years there should be a new wave of young contenders for him to feast on.
    Last edited by -PBP-; 11-11-2012, 11:13 AM.

Comment

I even think a figh with Chavez Jr would be intresting once he comes back and gets a couple of decent wins. Jr wouldn't have any trouble moving up I actually think that would be more his natural weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burner View Post
        He didnt clean out 168. Unless Andre Dirrell mysteriously vanished.
        That would be a fight worth watching but to say he hasn't cleared out the division is BS. He'd beat Dirrell hands down but still needs to fight him.

Comment

I actually think he could campaign in both divisions (smw, lhw) and try to dominate and make as many title defenses as possible.

Comment

Stay in SMW and further build on his resume. Do rematches, fight other guys he hasn't fought yet.

It's such a waste that he's not fighting more often. He's in his prime right now. I'd like to see Ward fight 3-4 times a year in the next 2-3 years.

One criticism I think which is warranted on Ward is that he should fight outside of his homecourt.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              -Fight Kessler again because he's your mandatory

-Fight Froch again to shut him the **** up

-Kick Andre Dirrell's ass to shut up all of the people that say he only beats slow, plodding, flat footed opponents.

-Defeat Bute and don't act like a Froch victory over Bute = a Ward victory over Bute

- Move up to 175 and beat Cloud, Pascal, Cleverly, etc.

- Rematch Dawson at 175 if he's still atop the division after you run through Cloud, Pascal, Cleverly, etc.

There's plenty of options out there for Andre Ward. I don't know why people say there are no opponents out there for him. He's got a good 3-4 years worth of solid work out there for him.

Then after those 3-4 years there should be a new wave of young contenders for him to feast on.

I'd like to see Martinez challenge Ward for his title. It would be pretty evenly matched.

Comment

Ward has so many options available for him.

A Kessler rematch is what I want to see most, the first fight has a massive cloud hanging over it. If Ward beats Kessler without any headbutt/elbow in face bull**** then I think he has nothing else left at 168.

Carl Froch is still a realistic option since he literally manhandled the guy ranked as number 2. When Froch wins the Bute rematch and the Kessler fight doesn't get made, Ward (if he's still at 168) will have Froch as his only worthy adversary.

Moving away from 168, Ward's best option is a rematch with Dawson, clearing away all the doubt with the weight issue. I'd also love to see Ward v Pascal because I enjoy watching Pascal fight. Or Ward Cloud, all fights which would be against championship level fighters and worth decent money.

P.S. I totally agree with who ever said that Ward had a pretty easy run to the S6 final, the smw division has pretty much cleared itself out by that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burner View Post
                  He didnt clean out 168. Unless Andre Dirrell mysteriously vanished.

It's funny because that's kind of what happened, in a way.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Haha. And he still hasn't reappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      Haha. And he still hasn't reappeared.
                      What rock has Dirrell been living under? He's been hiding away since Abraham landed the cheap shot. Maybe he's pursuing an acting career now?

Comment

Working...
                      X