Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighter lose and on here they're"shot exposed"but floyd has to lose to be great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    You lost all credibility with that ... no point in writing what you did after that!

Let us all know how many fights Hatton, JMM and Ortiz had at 147lbs prior to fighting Floyd?

Just because Floyd says "but JMM was #2 P4P" it doesn't mean you actually have to take his word that its a very credible 147lbs opponent. You need to use your own judgment.
    LOL ... its always the 3rd world education that gets them.

Show me where I said that Hatton or JMM were #1 WWs? Is this a case of you seeing what you wanted to? Or you thought you had an opportunity to flex your internet muscles? LOL ...

Ortiz fought and beat the #2 WW to become the #2 WW, but even they are riding the hype whore express.

Cotto beat Carlos Quintana in a vacant title match to get his belt.

Margarito beat Cotto to take his vacant tile from him. Cotto was no champion. he was a titlist because HE NEVER BEAT A CHAMPION TO BE A CHAMPION!

Pacquiao beat Cotto for a vacant title that Cotto got after suffering a bloody beating at the hands of Margarito. Cotto fought Michael Jennings for yet ANOTHER vacant belt only to lose it to Pacquiao.

All these guys are full of ****. Even Berto and Ortiz are full of ****. Berto won his WBC belt as a vacant title. He didn't actually beat a champion for that belt!

All these boxers are sidestepping the champions and top competition in favor of vacant belts in order to make big money fights. Its disgraceful but the fans stand for it. So why would they stop?

Why do you guys think I rate Floyd higher than Pacquiao, Cotto, Margarito and everyone else?

Its because he's one of the few guys who has consistently faced the best in his career that has spanned 14 years! He didn't take shortcuts. He didn't use vacant belts to make a case for big fights. He faced the best and beat the best to be recognized as the best.

Sure .. Floyd has accolades like Fighter of the Year, but those writer awards don't define what he has done. His record and the condition and rank of who he fought defines his legacy.

You hype whores don't mind vacant belts because it gives you more fights, but it ruins boxing. The alphabet titles don't allow for their to be ONE SINGLE king of the hill. Even if a fighter unifies his division, there's always sure to be some sanctioning mess among the vultures who have their hands out.

All you half asssed fans don't care that we have a phenom who doesn't need to use catchweights when fighting men that have a 20lb advantage on him. We have a phenom who was once as small as Pacquiao competing at 106lbs, but came up THE RIGHT WAY without having to use stipulations.

When you have someone who rises through the ranks the old fashion way ... by winning against the best and keep doing that ... you have to acknowledge that you are seeing something rare if you are honest.

Since 2008, Pacquiao has been okee-doking his way through boxers. You don't have to agree, but real fans know it. The ONLY thing that made people take notice in all of Pacquiao's wins since 2008 was the fact that he was supposed to be this small little Asian guy, when in reality he is only 2" shorter than Mosley and Mayweather. He's bigger than Hatton! And when you consider that he made the guys sweat down to within 2lbs of his own weight .. the size disparity really wasn't there ... but the feeling of a small guy beating a perceived bigger guy was still there. We thought we just saw a LW beat a WW!

When in reality, the two men were relatively the same size , but if that was put in the promotion they wouldn't have sold as many tickets and PPVs.

The greatness of what Mayweather has done is undeniable.

What Pacquiao has done requires clever wording and omitted details for his feats to remain being seen as great.

Catchweights, vacant belts, banned cheaters fighting despite being banned, targeting WWs only once they've lost ... when you paint the WHOLE picture with those details, it ain't so pretty. When you factor in that Pacquiao hasn't fought a top 3 fighter since Marquez, one begins to wonder how they can justify the rankings he's received in the past 3 years.

Tell the truth. That's all any of us has to do. Just tell the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      By the way, you say you don't lie, when you lie all the freaking time. Just today you lied over and over in some thread, saying Cotto won the vacant belt and then lost it to Pacquiao in his next fight. He beat Clottey in between jackass.
      If im not mistaken, you're talking to the guy who thought "pinnacle" was "pentacle." its a bit hard to take him seriously after that, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post

Ortiz fought and beat the #2 WW to become the #2 WW, but even they are riding the hype whore express.

Cotto beat Carlos Quintana in a vacant title match to get his belt.

Margarito beat Cotto to take his vacant tile from him. Cotto was no champion. he was a titlist because HE NEVER BEAT A CHAMPION TO BE A CHAMPION!

Pacquiao beat Cotto for a vacant title that Cotto got after suffering a bloody beating at the hands of Margarito. Cotto fought Michael Jennings for yet ANOTHER vacant belt only to lose it to Pacquiao.
        cotto beat quintana for his title and later quintana went on to win his own belt. i don't want to alarm you but berto beat a security guard named mickey rodriguez to win his belt. where's mickey now? cotto also beat clottey when clottey had the ibf but was stripped right before the fight. cotto should of had 2 belts going into the pac fight but i guess he was shot according to you? but ortiz wasn't shot even though he got knocked out at 140 and floored twice vs berto who won his belt off a guy named mickey? what a strange thought process.

Comment

Dumb thread...tell Floyd to fight Pacman or him and his Stans should just STFU

Comment

Let's put this in perspective.

*******s HEAVILY CRITICIZED Floyd for fighting Marquez. Now, after winning a jrMW title, Pacquiao is stipulating that Marquez has to come up to 147 to do what he and his entire team criticized Floyd for doing?

There are other fights out there for Pacquiao at WW. Just none he wants to take. He's not going to Williams. He's not going to fight Collazo. He's not going to fight Cintron. He's not going to fight Berto. He could have! Pacquiao chose not to in favor of fighting a guy he should have fought 3 years ago.

Double standard anyone? Or are you going to pull that "Pacquiao is still so small" excuse out of your asss? Because if Pacquiao is still so small, why is he making Marquez come up to 147 .. a weight that Roach and Arum said that Pacquiao just could not make!!!

Hypocrites. That's what Team Pacquiao is and *******s are.

Pacquiao could make the LW limit for this upcoming fight according to what Arum and Roach have said in the past. Its just that they look for EVERY UNFAIR ADVANTAGE because they know that Marquez is far better skilled than Manny. We all saw it in two fights. You don't get knocked on your asss three time in the first round only to come back and box the other guy's asss off to get a draw, which should have been a win for Marquez. What kind of performance must he have put on to get that call?

Pacquiao is looking at Bradley and other fighters below 147 because not enough WWs are losing these days for Manny to take the chance.

Again ... Floyd beat the #1 and #2 WWs in his last two fights. When was the last time when Pacquiao faced someone who was ranked in the top 3? Its been years! And the last time Manny fought a #1 ranked boxer it looked like the boxing lesson Marquez gave to him.

The fact that I even have to tell you this means that your a nuthugger who doesn't watch boxing.
            Easy work!

Comment

Hatton was the best fighter at 140 when Pacquiao kicked his ass. Cotto was the second best fighter at welterweight, with a win over the best welterweight. Clottey arguably beat Cotto, and was probably the third best fighter in the division when Pacquiao beat him.

You can spin it all you want, but anyone who isn't desperately trying to kill Pacquiao doesn't bother denying any of those wins, because only trolling haters like you who lie to make Pacquiao appear as if every win he has was at a catchweight against someone coming off a brutal loss try to deny it.

And with that, you can go ahead and respond with the utter bullsh** I know you will. You'll tell yourself you won, and make yourself look like even more of a jackass, so have fun.
              LOL .. no he wasn't. Bradley was ranked ahead of Hatton at that point when Pacquiao faced Pacquiao. After his win over Holt in April he was definitely ranked over Hatton's win over Lazcano who wobbled hatton twice, and over the feather fisted Malignaggi.

Clottey in fact did beat Cotto. Cotto had to bodyslam and use low blows to edge out that match, but Clottey has NEVER beaten any top fighter EVER. Judah is Clottey's biggest win.

I'm not denying any of Pacquiao's wins. I'm denying the hyped up value that's heaped upon them. Those men had suffered the biggest losses of their lives before Pacquiao would face them. Like I said, his first three were no worse than his last three. Yet you only **** on the last three. I'm trying to follow your logic.

Its fine if you think I'm a jackasss. Still, I am not the one who picks and chooses which fights are legit or not based on my mood. DLH had not fought at 145lbs in 7 years. How is it legit for Mayweather to face DLh with DLH coming in at 170lbs+, but Pacquiao compares his win over DLH at 145lbs. Huh???

Better a jackasss than a hype whore.

Comment

By the way, you say you don't lie, when you lie all the freaking time. Just today you lied over and over in some thread, saying Cotto won the vacant belt and then lost it to Pacquiao in his next fight. He beat Clottey in between jackass.
                So because I forgot about the Clottey fight makes my point null and void, d!ckhead?

Cotto DID win the fcuking vacant belt. His fight with Clottey, which he had to get extremely dirty to win, changes NOTHING assshole.

I don't have to hype up fighters. I don't promote them. You would think you get paid to exaggerate.

Just because Floyd is the only fighter out there that isn't using vacant titles and catchweights to get to the top is no reason to hate. Mayweather's record is better than ANY active fighter today. Quality and undefeated.

I never asked you to take my word for anything.

I'm banging out like 4 and 5 responses like its nothing. I have to keep my fans happy. You being one of the more simple minded ones.

So if you feel like Johnny Drama and want to yell out "Victory!" because I forgot to mention the Clottey fight, be my guest. Its still doesn't change the fact that the people you claim to think so highly of are still lesser men compared to the Floyd.

Comment

LOL .. no he wasn't. at that point Bradley was ranked ahead of Hatton when Pacquiao faced Pacquiao. After his win over Holt in April he was definitely ranked over Hatton's win over Lazcano who wobbled hatton twice, and over the feather fisted Malignaggi.

Clottey in fact did beat Cotto. Cotto had to bodyslam and use low blows to edge out that match, but Clottey has NEVER beaten any top fighter EVER. Judah is Clottey's biggest win.
                  a lot of your facts are just wrong. hatton was still ranked ahead of bradley. mosley wasn't even ranked #1 when floyd fought him. pac never fought a welterweight ranked number #5, etc...etc...do better research please. its fun hating but just don't make up your own facts.

you also say pac fights guys coming off of losses but clottey is the only one and you think clottey won! makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    cotto beat quintana for his title and later quintana went on to win his own belt.
                    No he didn't. Go look up that **** before you speak about it. Quintana fought Cotto for a VACANT belt.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...3535&cat=boxer

i don't want to alarm you but berto beat a security guard named mickey rodriguez to win his belt. where's mickey now? cotto also beat clottey when clottey had the ibf but was stripped right before the fight.
                    Uhh .. you mean like I mentioned above? Nice try. Weak result.

cotto should of had 2 belts going into the pac fight but i guess he was shot according to you?
                    Did you see how he lost to Pacquiao? He was asking his corner to quit but they wouldn't let him. Heart of a lion? I don't think so. Let's not forget that Cotto had NEVER beaten a champion until 2010 when he fought Foreman at jrMW. He's been a pro since 2001. Explain that please.

but ortiz wasn't shot even though he got knocked out at 140 and floored twice vs berto who won his belt off a guy named mickey? what a strange thought process.
                    I never wrote that anyone was shot. Sh!!!!!!!ttttt .. the way that Mosley and BHOP have breathed new life into their aging careers I'll never say anyone is shot. Unless they are Roy Jones. And even he can win against the right guy.

Anyway .. I've never said that Ortiz was good or bad. His performance against Berto was exciting .. going toe to toe like that .. but who has he really beaten? Hell .. who has Berto beaten?

I'm not a hype whore. I call it like it is. Boxing is FULL of boxers who take shortcuts like vacant titles. Its disgraceful because they sidestep champions in an effort to call themselves champions.

But just because a lot of people do it doesn't make it right. It doesn't make it "legitimate" because there are numbers doing something.

Don't make it seem like you're calling me out when I'm the one in this thread that talked about Berto's vacant belt first. I don't condone that **** and never will. I've been consistent with that. You need to get on board.

You count yourself among real fans? Then you should criticize the ones that try to get slick with that **** as well. Instead, you probably say dumb **** like "I just want to see good fights". WE ALL DO! .. but that doesn't mean we should want to see the sport get ANYMORE corrupted than it already is.

Shoot straight mother fcuker!

And have a nice day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                      No he didn't. Go look up that **** before you speak about it. Quintana fought Cotto for a VACANT belt.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...3535&cat=boxer

Uhh .. you mean like I mentioned above? Nice try. Weak result.

Did you see how he lost to Pacquiao? He was asking his corner to quit but they wouldn't let him. Heart of a lion? I don't think so. Let's not forget that Cotto had NEVER beaten a champion until 2010 when he fought Foreman at jrMW. He's been a pro since 2001. Explain that please.

I never wrote that anyone was shot. Sh!!!!!!!ttttt .. the way that Mosley and BHOP have breathed new life into their aging careers I'll never say anyone is shot. Unless they are Roy Jones. And even he can win against the right guy.

Anyway .. I've never said that Ortiz was good or bad. His performance against Berto was exciting .. going toe to toe like that .. but who has he really beaten? Hell .. who has Berto beaten?

I'm not a hype whore. I call it like it is. Boxing is FULL of boxers who take shortcuts like vacant titles. Its disgraceful because they sidestep champions in an effort to call themselves champions.

But just because a lot of people do it doesn't make it right. It doesn't make it "legitimate" because there are numbers doing something.

Don't make it seem like you're calling me out when I'm the one in this thread that talked about Berto's vacant belt first. I don't condone that **** and never will. I've been consistent with that. You need to get on board.

You count yourself among real fans? Then you should criticize the ones that try to get slick with that **** as well. Instead, you probably say dumb **** like "I just want to see good fights". WE ALL DO! .. but that doesn't mean we should want to see the sport get ANYMORE corrupted than it already is.

Shoot straight mother fcuker!

And have a nice day.
                      well if you read and understood the context of what i was saying you could see i was referring to cotto's belt as his not as quintanas belt.

cotto beat quintana for his title and later quintana went on to win his own belt. i don't want to alarm you but berto beat a security guard named mickey rodriguez to win his belt.

context. the words surrounding the others tell you the full story. please read the whole paragraph next time.
                      Last edited by daggum; 10-06-2011, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X