No announcement yet.

fighting injuries

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fighting injuries

hi guys. through doing boxing, bjj and weightlifting i have sustained quite a few injuries over the last year or two. i have 2 dislocating shoulders, quite a few back / neck problems, and elbow problems. in fact, ive decided to drop bjj because its the most dangerous and focus on my standup fighting.

anyway, once i have recovered from my shoulder surgery i want to focus on getting my strength back up, but in a balanced way. i want to correct my posture and muscular balance to make sure my body is working the way it should and reduce the chances of injury. im hoping it will fix my back problems too.

so i was just wondering if anyone had experienced anything like that and could advise me as to what i should do. i could try and get it done on the nhs. i could try out a private sports therapy clinic or i could try and fix it myself with yoga and stuff, but im not sure if i know enough to risk it. thanks

whew..lol first thing i was gon say is drop the BJJ...not that it aint a sweet art..but in my Boxing class i teach(at mma place) the guys whom do both are always hurt and never from the boxing class lol...u can def therapy urself no doubt...main key is to take ur time and not overdue it wich is hard but a must..we all when hurt seem to want to train harder and more than we did b4 the injury just cause we cant now lol..lower ur weights and def do some stretching and yeah man yoga never hurts well it hurts lol but in a good way

Comment

thanks for the quick reply. its a tough decision because i do enjoy bjj and want to take up judo, but with the strain it puts on your back i dont think its worth the risk. strange how a punch in the face looks safe in comparison your totaly right, i am just recovering from my first shoulder surgery and i cant wait to get back to training so badly, but like you said i have to take it easy. this is why i want to make sure my body is working the way it is and dosnt have any imbalances that need addressing to try and prevent future injury.

Comment

drop bjj is all i can say, boxing is for real men

Comment

Working...
        X