Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does Mayweather really struggle with Southpaws?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does Mayweather really struggle with Southpaws?

Or is it just the same as alot of orthodox fighters? they dont struggle but they have to adjust to something not so familiar. from what i can remember Floyd had few problems with Corley, Zab or Mitchell?

Zab started great but faded and lost his head, he beat Corley and Sharmba with UD and KO respectively so I dont understand where this is coming from.

So does Floyd really struggle? because for my money, hes never really struggled at all
    Last edited by The_Golden_Goy; 06-09-2011, 06:49 PM.

yes he does..........he will excel fighting.........a green.......1 fight remove from his weightclass southpaw though.....................

Comment

Accordinh to Tards Floyd was almost KO'd by Mosely, so if Chop, Zab or Sharmba so much as landed a punch on Floyd that = struggled.

Comment

errr.....what?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Golden_Goy View Post
          Or is it just the same as alot of orthodox fighters? they dont struggle but they have to adjust to something not so familiar. from what i can remember Floyd had few problems with Corley, Zab or Mitchell?

Zab started great but faded and lost his head, he beat Corley and Sharmba with UD and KO respectively so I dont understand where this is coming from.

So does Floyd really struggle?
          Corley didn't win a single round

Mitchell got his AZZ beat so silly it's not even funny

Zab DEFINITELY won the 1st and 2nd round. He CLEARLY lost the 3rd. 4th is arguable for either fighter

Floyd also fought 3 other southpaws in his career, so that's 6 total. Only ONE managed to win any rounds, and it was only 2-3 rounds.

Losing 2-3 out of 40 against something you "struggle" with is very impressive. That means he has won 92.5% or 95% of his rounds with lefties.

Comment

So does Floyd really struggle?

all southpaws give orthodox fighters problems. southpaws even give other southpaws problems.

I expect ortiz to do better than corley or sharmba because ortiz is a lot bigger than those two.

not sure if ortiz can do better than judah though, I'm thinking he can over the entire fight, but not by much.

Comment

just like to clarify, I dont think Mayweather struggles with southpaws at all, but that seems to be the general consensus on NSB

Comment

So does Floyd really struggle? because for my money, hes never really struggled at all
                Mayweather struggles against southpaws...

Zab won 4 rounds according to scorecards, he lost by one point according to me because they didn't count a knock down.

Mayweather is a great fighter, but he didn't look great against Corley or Judah, even his father floyd senior admited Floyd should avoid left handed fighters...

Ortiz is complete **** (a draw against Peterson, a loss to Maidana, a hard win to average overrated Berto) but he won't be easy for Floyd.
                Ortiz is a fresh name but he's nothing in the WW division, Berto always was a paper champ.

Comment

NO HE DON'T!

A few of them landed some big shots on him...but in the end they ALL GOT DOMINATED! So how is that "STRUGGLING"

but at the same time Southpaws are always a little difficult to deal for most Right Handed Fighters especially a GOOD SOUTHPAW!
                  Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 06-09-2011, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Its really hardnto look good when facing a southpaw

Comment

Working...
                    X