Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Moorer vs Lennox Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lewis pre McCall was alot more aggressive than he was later in his career, I think would stop him pretty early. I always thought Lewis' fights went on longer than they needed to at times, apart from Golota Lewis never really showed just how devastating he could be post McCall.

Comment

Lewis by Ko.

Moorer would get caught, and when he eats a prime lennox uppercut it'll be worse than the old man foreman ko i tell you that much

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
        Lewis pre McCall was alot more aggressive than he was later in his career, I think would stop him pretty early. I always thought Lewis' fights went on longer than they needed to at times, apart from Golota Lewis never really showed just how devastating he could be post McCall.
        yeah, he was overly cautious after that.

The Briggs and Morrison fights were quite good though

Comment

Moorer by SD

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Abed View Post
            How many southpaws did Lewis fight?

Did he ever fight one?
            Nope. When he was a ring announcer he said he never did. Very few southpaw heavyweights.

Anyway, Lewis by KO. Moorer's chin wouldn't hold up.

Comment

Moorer was an agressive southpaw with good skills. He had good movement and punch variety, but I just don't see him getting through with a prime Lennox for 12 rounds. If it had happened in '93 or '94, I'd definitely give Moorer a good chance, but '96 and after, Lennox would win.

but Moorer isn't getting the respect he deserves.

Comment

moorer was a good fighter but too small and chinny to get by lewis. lewis within 6 rou nds

Comment

Moorer would not have lasted more than a round with LEnnox Lewis. 2 at the max!

Credit to Lennox Lewis, he actively sought out the toughest opponents at the time and purposely avoided the weaker ones like Moorer to fight stronger ones.

Comment

Moorer beat a holyfield with heart problems. Hes not beating prime lennox.

Comment

Holyfield is Moorers only real claim to fame. One great performance against one of the smaller+lighter punching top heavies is a far cry from beating the class A Lennox Lewis.

Yeah Lewis ducked all Southpaws for stylistic reasons like many boxers did, including Tyson too.

However that doesn't mean Lennox loses to every Southpaw, especially considering Moorer would be among the weakest opponents Lennox Lewis ever faced.

Comment

Working...
                      X