Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obsessive Calzaghe hatred is a type of mental illness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont agree with much of what TS rants about but he does get it right most of the time concerning Calzaghe.

Roy and BHop were GODS on this forum as of winter 2008, but after Zags beat them both in the same year, suddenly they're both over the hill?

Comment

Originally posted by Soir View Post
      I dont agree with much of what TS rants about but he does get it right most of the time concerning Calzaghe.

Roy and BHop were GODS on this forum as of winter 2008, but after Zags beat them both in the same year, suddenly they're both over the hill?
      I think a win over Hopkins meant a lot more than a win over Jones. Jones has retained his athletic talent, but he's been done for a while now.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post

haha, who the hell thought either of those guys were in their pimres in 2008?

For one, let's start with hopkins, He had just got done with one of the ugliest fights in his career against winky wright. people were saying he finally started to look old. Calzaghe was the favorite to win the fight.

Jones was a shot fighter for what? four years prior to that? Sure there were a few delusional fans scattered around that somehow thought the lacy fight meant something at all, but the majority of folks knew he was still shot (you cant be shot, then magically go back to not being shot). Again, Calzaghe was the favorite to win the fight.

On top of that, in 2008 hopkins was getting bashed on this site as always ('he's overrated', 'he fights midgets' threads were created daily) and jones at that time the joke on this board was to constantly refer to him as china chinned jones and other similar names.

Further, If I were a calzaghe fan I wouldn't be proud of either win. Again Hopkins, it was clearly Joe's worst fight in his career who many people scored for b-hop and even if you scored it for joe and were a fan of his, surely you couldn't be proud of that performance (getting knocked down, getting beat and really only winning 'cuz of hopins inactivity late in the fight). With Jones it was a good performance by joe, but overshadowed by the fact how bad/shot roy looked in the ring and was clearly a shell of his former self.
          Last edited by ИATAS; 07-03-2010, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post

No one thought that. At least no sane member thought that.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
              There have been a number of posters who've made many Joe Calzaghe hate threads.

Lead Cenobite, bsrizpac, Flawless, Benny Leonard and Bhopreign are examples.

I think obsessive hatred for Calzaghe which causes these people to have the compulsion to create hateful threads about Joe is actually a kind of mental illness. It's a type of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder).
              your overthinking calzaghe brought it upon himself

Comment

Nobody cares about Calzaghe let alone is obsessed with him.

Knowledgeable boxing fans acknowledge he sucks and we would be happy to live the rest of our lives without ever hearing his name again.

Comment

Originally posted by Soir View Post

Well at least we agree on one thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X