Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibility of Lopez being weight drained?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibility of Lopez being weight drained?

I just find it really odd that a guy who threw a zillion punches against Penalosa got so tired he almost got KO'd against Mtagwa, and that the guy that a lot of people thought was the hardest puncher in the sport was described by Mtagwa as "not being able to punch hard".

That or maybe he undertrained for this guy.

I know there is always a possibility of him being overrated, but I find it hard to believe that he is so overrated that he struggled handily with a guy that Billy Dib shut out.

No he didn't look weight drained but perhaps he took Mtagwa lightly

Comment

Maybe when he lowered his defense and fell into his opponents trap that slow down his work-rate. If you keep getting hit, you're not going to want to always throw back because you get tired yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by The Bay Bomber View Post
        No he didn't look weight drained but perhaps he took Mtagwa lightly
        I agree with this mainly with the bolded part.

Comment

He didn't took Mtagwa serious, and didn't took training seriously, that's why.

Comment

He got lured into a brawl with a guy he couldn't hurt. It's as simple as that. He fought the dumbest fight imaginable.

If he boxed and fought smart, he would have gotten a shut out too.

But with his attitude, he got tagged a few times and reverted to fighting recklessly, and that's playing into Mtagwa's hands.

These guys gotta stop letting their pride get in the way of their gameplan.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
              Maybe when he lowered his defense and fell into his opponents trap that slow down his work-rate. If you keep getting hit, you're not going to want to always throw back because you get tired yourself.
              Your signature is soooooo sick. I love that Bute KO.

Comment

also the Penalosa fight was against a smaller man who JuanMa could control from the outside and bully around a bit. Mtagwa is a muscluar lil dude who has fought as high as Jr Lightweight so that could play a factor in JuanMa's performance

also when you look at JuanMa's resume this could be the first real rugged fighter he has faced or had to deal with for some rounds.

Getting him out of his comfort zone seems to be your best shot against JuanMa but I respect how he came out of it and did what he had to do to win

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                  He got lured into a brawl with a guy he couldn't hurt. It's as simple as that. He fought the dumbest fight imaginable.

If he boxed and fought smart, he would have gotten a shut out too.

But with his attitude, he got tagged a few times and reverted to fighting recklessly, and that's playing into Mtagwa's hands.

These guys gotta stop letting their pride get in the way of their gameplan.
                  Agree with this. This was a big factor.

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                  I just find it really odd that a guy who threw a zillion punches against Penalosa got so tired he almost got KO'd against Mtagwa, and that the guy that a lot of people thought was the hardest puncher in the sport was described by Mtagwa as "not being able to punch hard".

That or maybe he undertrained for this guy.

I know there is always a possibility of him being overrated, but I find it hard to believe that he is so overrated that he struggled handily with a guy that Billy Dib shut out.
                  Lopez has been weight drain for a while now, not that much, but to the point of having a saying on Juanmas performance. He fought Peņalosa and Lontchi both with a fever. Dude is a big guy for 122.

There has been reports before the Peņalosa fight about this in PR
                  Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                  also the Penalosa fight was against a smaller man who JuanMa could control from the outside and bully around a bit. Mtagwa is a muscluar lil dude who has fought as high as Jr Lightweight so that could play a factor in JuanMa's performance

also when you look at JuanMa's resume this could be the first real rugged fighter he has faced or had to deal with for some rounds.

Getting him out of his comfort zone seems to be your best shot against JuanMa but I respect how he came out of it and did what he had to do to win
                  Agree with the bold.

This is teh first time that Juanma fought somebody who didnt are to low blow, headbutt or hit after the bell. Juanma needs to do a better job of proteting himself, beause after the bell rang in round 8 he lowered his hands and Mtagwa landed a huge punch that send Lopez KO on his feet to the corner!

Comment

He's been having weight problems and has said this was the last time at 122.

Weigth might have been a issue.

Comment

Working...
                    X