Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

better fighting stamina benefits: running or heavybag/skipping rope?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• better fighting stamina benefits: running or heavybag/skipping rope?

lets take random guy A and random guy B, same height/weight/etc.

if guy A only did the same world class Running/sprinting/jogging that world class boxers do, (running to it's full potential)

but

guy B only does the same world class rope skipping & heavybag work, that world class boxers do (using the two workouts to it's full potential),

come fight time, if A and B had a 12 round boxing match with each other, after 2-3 months of training, who would have the better fighting stamina (making weight for a weightclass not a factor)?

this is just on the subject of fighting stamina, not boxing skills/offense/defense that everyone obviously should learn.

things i would keep in mind.....

with option B, he would probably have better arm endurance due to heavybag training.

with option A, he would probably have better leg endurance due to the running (but, option B includes jump rope, also great for leg endurance)
    A) guy A
    66.67%
    B) guy B
    33.33%
    Last edited by royjoneschin; 02-19-2009, 10:19 PM.

bump i dont think this is a stupid question.

Comment

Better fight stamina, I'd have to go with guy A. But I got guy B winning the fight.

Comment

sex.

I hate running.
        Heavybag is for stamina management not building stamina.
        Skipping rope too much results in shin splints (for me that is)

sex.... nothing to be said there. and this is better than anything.... well maybe not sex but still.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          sex.

I hate running.
          Heavybag is for stamina management not building stamina.
          Skipping rope too much results in shin splints (for me that is)

sex.... nothing to be said there. and this is better than anything.... well maybe not sex but still.

Jump rope on a padded mat if you can. I run and rope at the same time and my legs ****ing kill. i hate concrete i wish i lived near a track

Comment

as far as that goes they will both make it 12 rounds theres really no diffrence. though to compare a guy that does long distance runs and hits the bag to a guy that does sprints and jumps rope i would say the longdistance runner/bag work for the win.

Comment

Working...
            X