Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Israelis Face War Crimes Charges Over Gaza?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Israelis Face War Crimes Charges Over Gaza?

It's a Time article

Israel likes to believe that its Defense Force is the world's most "moral" army, and it insisted throughout the recent Gaza war that great care was always taken to avoid inflicting civilian casualties.

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...873496,00.html

Could they? Or is it pretty much made up in your mind that they should. Given the amount of firepower the Israeli armed forces can bring to a fight, I think they should be given a medal for not wiping them off the face of the planet.
    Because that's EXACTLY what groups like Hamas want to do with the Jews.

Comment

Will militants from Gaza face similar tribunals?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Something tells me the PC vote will be no.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, if there is any basis for action against individuals who may have contravened laws of engagement then I support it wholeheartedly. But the Hamas officials who commanded attacks on civilians and the people who carried them out would be a slam dunk conviction.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            Well they got bombed along with anyone near them, so probably not no.

In all seriousness, I doubt Israeli soldiers will get charged with War-Crimes. Whenever then UN pressures them, the US simply vetoes it.

With Israel currently sitting on 250+ UN Resolution violations, i doubt they care about "petty war-crimes".

Comment

Originally posted by minion View Post
              Well they got bombed along with anyone near them, so probably not no.

In all seriousness, I doubt Israeli soldiers will get charged with War-Crimes. Whenever then UN pressures them, the US simply vetoes it.

With Israel currently sitting on 250+ UN Resolution violations, i doubt they care about "petty war-crimes".
              Which violations?

Comment

Back in the 60s and 70s while the Soviet union existed it would have been possible for some of the Israelis to be brought to justice when there were two equal superpowers, but now HELL NO. It's as simple as that. Israel right now is our mini force in the middle east and no one can do anything to them unless we do, and we wont, since we are the one providing their arms.

Comment

Working...
                X