Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pavlik v Calzaghe - oh America, wake up!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pavlik v Calzaghe - oh America, wake up!

Slapzaghe is just one lable given Wales' Joe Calzaghe by our rather dim "cousins"over the water (cousins? hmm, not mine they aint).

Let me remind you all of the past few years...on this site i read, from you boxing "experts"

Lacy will **** Joe up
    Kessler will break him to pieces
    B'Hop will destroy the myth

...most recently

Calzaghe is dodging Pavlik.

Well, last i looked Joe comfortably beat all the above except Pavlik who was beaten up by the very man who couldnt lay a glove on Joe. Now of course the Yanks are spouting "RJJ will show Joe the way" etc. They NEED Calzaghe to lose so that finally they can say he was always overrated. Wake up America, you asked him to come over, he came, he saw he conquered. If he beats RJJ you will say he beat an over the top fighter. since his hands gave up on him he adopted a style that makes him one of the most prolific punchers of all time. No muscles on this fella, just speed of hand and thought. Wheres his guns? He dont need em!

If it aint American it aint worth knowing seems to be your attitude you ignorant dummies. Well, America cant make cars either!

Joe Calzaghe, Welsh legend and an all time boxing great - even if he wasnt born in dodo land!

cymru am byth!
    Last edited by kevtwin; 10-22-2008, 02:31 PM.

Who got knocked down in the first round again?

Comment

shut up stupid!!!!!

Comment

Not all Americans are like that though, so to generalise that much is pretty harsh. You should have adressed this to "Calzaghe haters" in general, regardless of nationality.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
          What does that mean? A fight is fought over 12 rounds, not 1.

Comment

When a clown makes a thread like this, it makes me wonder who's really biased.

Comment

I understand tho, when u get a guy come to your country and just beat all your champions and have their countrymen say "i told u so" it hurts. So you tend to hate

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                Not all Americans are like that though, so to generalise that much is pretty harsh. You should have adressed this to "Calzaghe haters" in general, regardless of nationality.
                A good point. I admit i generalize, and i guess i shouldnt and not all Americans are bad i guess. That said though, the Calzaghe "haters" of all nationalities make me laugh/cry/puke.

The guy is a World boxing champion with an unblemished record who had beaten every one ever put in front of him. Slapper, ducker, whatever you want to say, his record cannot be questioned, its in black and white, and all Wins.

Shall we question Pavliks record now and ask, was he a nobody who just happened to have Taylors measure. Was Taylor a nobody who had Hopkins'.
                Its the toughest sport in the world and we can only dream of attaining the levels these guys reach.

Id never question Roberto Durans record and say "hold on, he fought lots of bums inhis earlier years".

Sugar Ray L himself fought plenty of "bums" or was it that actually, he was just bloody fantastic. Watch Calzaghes last few fights....Lacy, Hopkins, Kessler...nobody hinted that any of this lot were bums, and he despatched them all. W W W on record.
                When Americans climb out of their own arses and realise the world has been around a long time, and doesnt owe them **** all. when they finally turn round and say "Ok Calzaghe IS a ****ing great champion" then i will give THEM respect in return.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                  Nah 25 thats a desperate one kid

Comment

Originally posted by kevtwin View Post
                    Slapzaghe is just one lable given Wales' Joe Calzaghe by our rather dim "cousins"over the water (cousins? hmm, not mine they aint).

Let me remind you all of the past few years...on this site i read, from you boxing "experts"

Lacy will **** Joe up
                    Kessler will break him to pieces
                    B'Hop will destroy the myth

...most recently

Calzaghe is dodging Pavlik.

Well, last i looked Joe comfortably beat all the above except Pavlik who was beaten up by the very man who couldnt lay a glove on Joe. Now of course the Yanks are spouting "RJJ will show Joe the way" etc. They NEED Calzaghe to lose so that finally they can say he was always overrated. Wake up America, you asked him to come over, he came, he saw he conquered. If he beats RJJ you will say he beat an over the top fighter. since his hands gave up on him he adopted a style that makes him one of the most prolific punchers of all time. No muscles on this fella, just speed of hand and thought. Wheres his guns? He dont need em!

If it aint American it aint worth knowing seems to be your attitude you ignorant dummies. Well, America cant make cars either!

Joe Calzaghe, Welsh legend and an all time boxing great - even if he wasnt born in dodo land!

cymru am byth!

Comment

Working...
                    X