No announcement yet.

Trump Wants Waterboarding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheLennox View Post
    So, you're essentially saying you want to violate international laws by committing war crimes against captured enemy combatants?
    It's us against them. If that's what it takes to slow them down, then why not? You need to suppress them, I understand that they'll never entirely be stopped, but if that's the most effective way of slowing down their growth, then my answer is why not?

Yeah, yeah, I know, I know, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

But my question to you, how do you propose we surpress ISIS?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Lol you think we stopped? Cute.
      Have you any evidence, or are you merely guessing?

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
        It's us against them. If that's what it takes to slow them down, then why not? You need to suppress them, I understand that they'll never entirely be stopped, but if that's the most effective way of slowing down their growth, then my answer is why not?

Yeah, yeah, I know, I know, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

But my question to you, how do you propose we surpress ISIS?
        I believe creating double agents would be an actual effective way of slowing the enemy down, instead of killing them. Killing them holds no benefit and has the obvious downside of being a war crime.

Beyond that, however, it'd be helpful if we actually tackled the real issues at the root of extremism, which are actually quite similar in scope to the roots of violence in Chicago and other poor/discriminated against communities.

Seeing as how we tackle neither, however, we're left with "geniuses" like Donald Trump making a show out of measures that serve no purpose whatsoever other than ironically putting American lives in danger.

Comment

The shiet doesn't work. People being tortured will say whatever they think you want to hear in order to get the torturing to stop.

The US gained zero pieces of actionable intelligence through the CIA's torture program.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            The shiet doesn't work. People being tortured will say whatever they think you want to hear in order to get the torturing to stop.

The US gained zero pieces of actionable intelligence through the CIA's torture program.
            Yep and some would rather die then give info, maybe we need a new method.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post

Exactly; these Trump measures are for show, like most of his others clearly are. I think he's getting impeached this year.

The people are rising.

Comment

I agree. There is nothing better than using torture methods to make people talk...

My grandfather who fought against the Japs was involved in some tortures and he said even the innocent would lie and admit to things that they didnt do just because the torture was too much...

We have to torture these dirty haggis.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLennox View Post
                  There's no proof of that, but plenty of proof against its effectiveness.
                  There's no proof that you're sunspace but we all know.

Comment

Originally posted by -Freddy- View Post
                    There's no proof that you're sunspace but we all know.
                    Thank you for comparing me with the legend; I've heard of his exploits from jamie and am quite impressed.

Comment

Torture for information only works if the person actually has any information to give, if they don't then its just a fun way to pass the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X