No announcement yet.

Crawfords getting way overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taes View Post
    if you can't see that crawford is an outstanding boxer, i can live with that but why the f*** does he have to beat WWs to be a special boxer - when he moves up to WW - and he will - then you'll realise that this guy is a special talent. Right now he would make broner look very average - that is not a good match up for broner. unfortunately for crawford there is no one even close to him at junior ww that is even a half interesting challenge. don't know where he goes from here.
    I don't think it's unfair to ask what Crawford can acomplish at welter....the dude balloons up more than most welterweights on fight night and has basically cleared out what little talent there is at 140(looking at the rankings only Peterson would be interesting....and he's probably a welter now and on PBC), beat some of the limited good fighters that were at 135 and there's little chance he can make that weight again.....no one is asking him to move up NOW, but there's not many fights he can get at 140...who's he gonna fight provodnikov?matthysse?linares/crolla winner moving up from 135?
    He basically has 3 interesting matchups below 147(probably catchweights around 144) Pacquiao-Broner-Peterson.

The reason he needs those welters is that a resume consisting of:
    Gamboa(very small compared to him)
    Postol
    Burns
    Beltran
    is not gonna make him "special"...he could be, but not proven so far....even Peterson and Broner are a tougher challenge than any in his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by b0x
      You're asking me to target another comment? LOL.
      I targeted the one I saw because it was wrong.
      You said anyone who has TC in top p4p spot is to do with the country. I proved you wrong. Who said postol was a world beater? Again making things up cause I certainly didn't say it. He was ranked at the top of 140 though. Thurman hasn't beaten a number 1 guy in the only division he's ever fought. Rigo has, but he hasn't moved since. Kovalev hasn't fought Adonis or Beterbiev and is about to get beat by Ward, a guy coming UP to fight him. Wlad is old and just lost to Fury. GGG hasn't faced any of the next best, Jacobs, Saunders, Canelo, for whatever reason, the reason is irrelevant the fact is he hasn't yet, even if we know he would beat them. He also won't move in weight and is fighting a 147lber next. And Fury has to prove the doubters wrong as Wlad is his only high-class win. And he will. But until then that's every single person you listed bunked out.
      Ffs your comment is so damn clustered up and hypocritical...

Yes, one person proved me wrong I hardly think many are going to be rash enough to put Crawford in at top 3 P4P rankings it's just absolutely ludicrous!

Kovalev has:
      • Pascal times 2 (only man to stop him) he holds wins over Bute, Chad Dawson
      • Hopkins (old) great resume
      • Cleverly

Now in comparison to Crawford:
      • Gamboa two weights below his original one and long layoff plus off steroids
      • Viktor Postol (Only one good win Matthysse)
      • Ricky Burns (Returning from Jaw break which ruined him)

Kovalev has been fighting guys his own weight for the most part of his career unlike Crawford and has been putting guys out to sleep for the most part so explain how that resume is better than Kovalev's?
      Also, what is he meant to do If promotional issues won't work for him that's why he hasn't fought Adonis and Beterbiev didn't want to fight him yet.

Then you use GGG name ironically forgetting Crawford thinks his best win is a guy who belongs at 126lbs but who came up to 135lbs for him does that not say it all?
      GGG resume literally ****s all over Crawfords
      • Daniel Geale first one to stop him, he holds wins over Mundine and Sturm
      • Murray first and only one to stop him, he was robbed against Sturm and Martinez
      • David Lemieux holds wins over Glen Tapia, N'Jikam, Rosado
      • Ishida only one to stop him with a win over Kirkland
      • Macklin dominated him this is a guy who should have a win over Sturm

Then the countless amount of American great hopes he absolutely demolished.

It's really odd that you think with a win over Postol that for some reason that is greater than beating Wladimir, Lemieux, Porter, Andy Lee, Pascal or even a damn old Hopkins lol!
      You're saying Postol is the reason he should be rated number 3 P4P ranking yet Crawford thinks a 126lber he fought at 135lbs is his most toughest fight that he only won because he was too big for him!!

So what we've learned is it's okay for someone you like to fight a smaller guy and not give him hassle for it but its bad If someone you don't like does it.

Comment

Yeah i agree somewhat, think crawfords really good but seen people saying 'crawford P4P number 1, why not?' what cause he beat viktor postol? Just cause some clowns on here said postol will win doesnt mean its an amazing win for crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by Son Of Fraud View Post
          Ffs your comment is so damn clustered up and hypocritical...

Yes, one person proved me wrong I hardly think many are going to be rash enough to put Crawford in at top 3 P4P rankings it's just absolutely ludicrous!

Kovalev has:
          • Pascal times 2 (only man to stop him) he holds wins over Bute, Chad Dawson
          • Hopkins (old) great resume
          • Cleverly

Now in comparison to Crawford:
          • Gamboa two weights below his original one and long layoff plus off steroids
          • Viktor Postol (Only one good win Matthysse)
          • Ricky Burns (Returning from Jaw break which ruined him)

Kovalev has been fighting guys his own weight for the most part of his career unlike Crawford and has been putting guys out to sleep for the most part so explain how that resume is better than Kovalev's?
          Also, what is he meant to do If promotional issues won't work for him that's why he hasn't fought Adonis and Beterbiev didn't want to fight him yet.

Then you use GGG name ironically forgetting Crawford thinks his best win is a guy who belongs at 126lbs but who came up to 135lbs for him does that not say it all?
          GGG resume literally ****s all over Crawfords
          • Daniel Geale first one to stop him, he holds wins over Mundine and Sturm
          • Murray first and only one to stop him, he was robbed against Sturm and Martinez
          • David Lemieux holds wins over Glen Tapia, N'Jikam, Rosado
          • Ishida only one to stop him with a win over Kirkland
          • Macklin dominated him this is a guy who should have a win over Sturm

Then the countless amount of American great hopes he absolutely demolished.

It's really odd that you think with a win over Postol that for some reason that is greater than beating Wladimir, Lemieux, Porter, Andy Lee, Pascal or even a damn old Hopkins lol!
          You're saying Postol is the reason he should be rated number 3 P4P ranking yet Crawford thinks a 126lber he fought at 135lbs is his most toughest fight that he only won because he was too big for him!!

So what we've learned is it's okay for someone you like to fight a smaller guy and not give him hassle for it but its bad If someone you don't like does it.
          So so true, i didnt realise postol was some brilliant fighter, enough to elevate someone near the top of the P4P list. Also, let us not forget that gamboa gave him a lot of problems in that fight too. And before you idiots say GGG hasnt fought anyone in P4P list, he has consistently demolished solid fighters, cant tell me crawfords CV is better.

Comment

Crawford's last fight proved he is MUCH better than i thought he was, He can do it all.

Comment

Originally posted by chris232 View Post
              So so true, i didnt realise postol was some brilliant fighter, enough to elevate someone near the top of the P4P list. Also, let us not forget that gamboa gave him a lot of problems in that fight too. And before you idiots say GGG hasnt fought anyone in P4P list, he has consistently demolished solid fighters, cant tell me crawfords CV is better.
              He is a damn great fighter but he wasn't even in the top ten in most people's P4P rankings but because he beats Postol suddenly he leap frogs Roman Gonzalez, Kovalev, Rigondeaux, Fury and **** even Ward lol!
              Gamboa nor Postol were in the P4P list at the current time either I don't believe I mean Gamboa did have a long lay off thanks to Fiddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Son Of Fraud View Post
                He is a damn great fighter but he wasn't even in the top ten in most people's P4P rankings but because he beats Postol suddenly he leap frogs Roman Gonzalez, Kovalev, Rigondeaux, Fury and **** even Ward lol!
                Gamboa nor Postol were in the P4P list at the current time either I don't believe I mean Gamboa did have a long lay off thanks to Fiddy.
                Yeh, by there logic of basing P4P rating on one solid win and being undefeated, i would have thought tyson fury and rigondeaux especially would be hard to look past.

Comment

Crawford has been winning for awhile. He stepped up and one a big one. He isn't top 5 p4p yet but he is right on the threshold.

Comment

Originally posted by Thurman View Post
                    I like the Broner fight. If he gets past Adrien, he's in the mix.
                    Are you crazy! That's not even a fight. Crawford destroys Broner and possibly Ko's him. Nobody at 140 beats Crawford. He should move up, fight somebody like Benavidez and take it from there. Crawford is the goods for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                      I don't think it's unfair to ask what Crawford can acomplish at welter....the dude balloons up more than most welterweights on fight night and has basically cleared out what little talent there is at 140(looking at the rankings only Peterson would be interesting....and he's probably a welter now and on PBC), beat some of the limited good fighters that were at 135 and there's little chance he can make that weight again.....no one is asking him to move up NOW, but there's not many fights he can get at 140...who's he gonna fight provodnikov?matthysse?linares/crolla winner moving up from 135?
                      He basically has 3 interesting matchups below 147(probably catchweights around 144) Pacquiao-Broner-Peterson.

The reason he needs those welters is that a resume consisting of:
                      Gamboa(very small compared to him)
                      Postol
                      Burns
                      Beltran
                      is not gonna make him "special"...he could be, but not proven so far....even Peterson and Broner are a tougher challenge than any in his resume.
                      HELL NO!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X