No announcement yet.

Pacquiao Denied any Reports o to the U.S. to talk to Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao Denied any Reports o to the U.S. to talk to Floyd

This was confirmed by the three-time Fighter of the Year honoree of the Boxing Writers Association of America, who clarified as well as denied the much-awaited Pacquiao-Mayweather mega-fight in September is a done deal as reported by several media outfits.

“Not yet. Kung matutuloy man ang laban namin, wala pang katiyakan,” Pacquiao told Philboxing in a telephone interview. “If it’s a done deal already, puede ko ba namang di malaman yun? Wala talaga akong alam sa mga lumabas ngayon sa diyaryo.” (I know nothing about the reports coming out in the newpapers.)

Pacquiao also said reports that he is leaving shortly for the United States to start negotiation for the Pacquiao-Mayweather encounter were also not true.

“No, I have no plan to go to the U.S. to talk to Floyd. Hindi rin totoo yan,” he assured. “Gusto sana naming ng pamilya ko na magbakasyon, but the school will be re-opening next week, so wala nang time. At para puntahan si Floyd, wala talaga sa plano.’

“Masaya na rin naman kami, my wife Jinkee, and our children (Jimwell, Michael, Quennie and Princess), na magkakasama noong Pasko at New Year. There’s no need really to leave,” Pacquiuao said.

“I have been saying this over and over again, I am not afraid to fight anybody, but if somebody doesn’t want to fight me, same here. I, too, won’t face him who doesn’t want to face me,” the 35-year-old ring idol declared.

“Floyd himself has been telling the whole world, ayaw nya akong labanan. The feeling is mutual. Pero kung gugustuhin niyang finally labanan ako, okay with me,” Pacquiao - who had just bounced back from a dismal 2012 when he lost by knockout to Juan Manuel Marquez - by beating Brandon Rios last November, said.

“Floyd has also been saying, he will only fight me if I separate from Top Rank and Bob Arum, imposible yun kasi ang kontrata ko valid hanggang ngayong taon na ito pa. So how? he asked. “Ibig sabihin, kung hindi ako ire-renew, next year pa kami puedeng mag-usap tungkol sa laban.”

http://philboxing.com/news/story-90773.html

Pacquiao never said he will go to the US to talk to Floyd and he won't go there.. Pacquiao said that his contract is until the end of the year and if the fight happens it will be in 2015 without Arum

Honestly would be disappointed if it happened in 2015; already lost major interest.

Comment

"in 2015 without Arum" Pretty interesting for Pac to acknowledge that, I think he will walk from TR asap and get a couple big fights elsewhere before retiring, maybe...

But 2015 for the Floyd fight is too late man, literally about 6 years after we first wanted to see it. If this fight ends up happening it will be one of those Tyson-Lewis type fights, we will all watch and be interested but we know full well it should have happened years before.

Comment

Originally posted by SthPaw View Post
        "in 2015 without Arum" Pretty interesting for Pac to acknowledge that, I think he will walk from TR asap and get a couple big fights elsewhere before retiring, maybe...

But 2015 for the Floyd fight is too late man, literally about 6 years after we first wanted to see it. If this fight ends up happening it will be one of those Tyson-Lewis type fights, we will all watch and be interested but we know full well it should have happened years before.
        I get the comparison but I hate it honestly. Both Floyd and Many are STILL two of the best fighters around their weight and/or in the world. Lewis and Tyson were nowhere near that when they fought.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          I get the comparison but I hate it honestly. Both Floyd and Many are STILL two of the best fighters around their weight and/or in the world. Lewis and Tyson were nowhere near that when they fought.
          Yeah fair point I know what you mean, I just mean the fight itself in terms of it's timing being years off what the fans would have wanted. If these two ever fight then we would have a similar scenario, but yeah they would both still be among the best out there I agree

Comment

Can someone please translate?

Comment

A mayweather vs pacquaio 1 now would be like a Duran vs Leonard 3.Weak.

Comment

Originally posted by BartBears View Post
                Can someone please translate?
                the mega-fight might be possible on 2015 after his contract expires

Comment

I'd rather see Mayweather vs Garcia/Bradley/Thurman in 2015. I think all three would be more legit fights than Pacquiao.

Comment

If it happens this year it will still be big. If it's in 2015, manny and Floyd, who's that ???

Comment

Working...
                    X