Collapse
No announcement yet.

i hate northern canadian winters!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it true in vancouber its always raining?

Comment

I didn't have a winter last year, I'm learning about it all over again this year. Not a fan in the least to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus Flower View Post
        is it true in vancouber its always raining?
        For half the year, pretty much.

I lived in Vancouver for a little bit, and there was a stretch where it rained off and on for 30+ days straight.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          those hand warmers are no good for me when i'm off the ground. if my gloves get icy & i drop something(a bolt, wrench, etc), i could seriously hurt someone & possibly kill them or do damage to material or equipment nearby. if i was on the ground working then i might consider them though but i'm hardly on the ground...
          Okay, so then either quit or stop complaining? You're being compensated. It's your job.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
            Okay, so then either quit or stop complaining? You're being compensated. It's your job.
            it's my thread & i'll complain all i want...lol! i'm being compensated well. i love the paychecks but sometimes putting in the time sucks...i'm certainly not going to go work in an office where i make $40000\year with a university education with student loans up the ying yang & i got to buy my boss an xmas present to keep my job or suckhole for a raise...i'll deal with the cold but i'm going to ***** about it anytime i feel like it. if you don't want to read it i'm not stopping you from avoiding this thread.

Comment

have been thinking about moving to toronto or vancouver but i'd still fly here work because i get paid way better here then in anywhere else in north america...
              A friend of mine just moved to Calgary, she hates it. Says its cold and boring. All white folks, no offense if you're white. I guess she is just used to the multicultural of Toronto.

She's just there because no jobs in Toronto. I always see on the weather channel Edmonton and Winter peg with -40 temps and stuff. I can only image living in a cold ass place man.

And you work outside which is even worse. You my have sympathy my man

Comment

Originally posted by 7_rocket View Post
                A friend of mine just moved to Calgary, she hates it. Says its cold and boring. All white folks, no offense if you're white. I guess she is just used to the multicultural of Toronto.

She's just there because no jobs in Toronto. I always see on the weather channel Edmonton and Winter peg with -40 temps and stuff. I can only image living in a cold ass place man.

And you work outside which is even worse. You my have sympathy my man
                calgary is much warmer then edmonton. you get the southern warm shinook winds. calgary is a nice city & in the summer you are so close to banff & the mountains, etc. if you are not a winter sports person though it's the same thing. in the summer she should drive to banff & the mountains near. lots of beautiful stuff but frigging expensive. edmonton is multicultural like vancouver & toronto. calgary has like a million people & is a white collar city. i didn't know it was all white people. thought they'd have lots of immigrants too. edmonton is very multi cultural but it's a dump of a city. blue collar construction & many temporary foreign workers. all the work is here & further north in fort mcmurray. i thought calgary would have lots of asians. they seem to buy up all the nice places like banff & jasper. many people here call vancouver HONGcouver because of the large asian population...

Comment

Tokyo winters aren't so bad, about the same as Oregon winters where I'm from, except that here there are also typhoons (which is a year round thing). I don't like winters much though. I hate the shortened days more than the cold, but the combination of it being cold and dark out I don't enjoy at all.

I'm writing my master's thesis right now, but I'm thinking about next month after it's finished going to Thailand for a week and a half or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                    Tokyo winters aren't so bad, about the same as Oregon winters where I'm from, except that here there are also typhoons (which is a year round thing). I don't like winters much though. I hate the shortened days more than the cold, but the combination of it being cold and dark out I don't enjoy at all.

I'm writing my master's thesis right now, but I'm thinking about next month after it's finished going to Thailand for a week and a half or so.
                    a trip to thailand sounds well deserved. i know what you mean about dark days. we are getting towards the shortest day of the year(dec 21) & right now i drive to work in the dark & come home from work in the dark. 2012 has been a good year for me(one of my best)so i hope to make 2013 as good if not better... i would definitely take that trip to thailand...

Comment

calgary is much warmer then edmonton. you get the southern warm shinook winds. calgary is a nice city & in the summer you are so close to banff & the mountains, etc. if you are not a winter sports person though it's the same thing. in the summer she should drive to banff & the mountains near. lots of beautiful stuff but frigging expensive. edmonton is multicultural like vancouver & toronto. calgary has like a million people & is a white collar city. i didn't know it was all white people. thought they'd have lots of immigrants too. edmonton is very multi cultural but it's a dump of a city. blue collar construction & many temporary foreign workers. all the work is here & further north in fort mcmurray. i thought calgary would have lots of asians. they seem to buy up all the nice places like banff & jasper. many people here call vancouver HONGcouver because of the large asian population...

I'll pass on the message thanks. A good buddy of mine went to Lethbridge Alberta for a chick.. yes I know.. He said it was some of the most racist people he's ever encountered. This was a few years ago though. It sounds like you're ready for a move. Wife kids?

Comment

Working...
                      X