Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Groves unsure if WBSS final against Callum Smith will take place

And making a little fun of Kalle's cocaine habit

Haha, loved this..

This post is telling me that George is nearly ready??

Comment

I’m super excited for this bout. But if Groves is saying he is ready, why is the WBSS dragging their feet? I think they are having financial issues, which would explain getting in bed with corrupt Russia for the cruiser weight final. Hopefully they are able to secure the funds so this and season 2 could go on a smooth timetable

Comment

Originally posted by TrillScottHeron View Post
        I’m super excited for this bout. But if Groves is saying he is ready, why is the WBSS dragging their feet? I think they are having financial issues, which would explain getting in bed with corrupt Russia for the cruiser weight final. Hopefully they are able to secure the funds so this and season 2 could go on a smooth timetable
        Yeah, something seems off. Strange when you consider the fighters before these finals all seemed to run smoothly but since then there's been date changes, potential location changes etc.

even the Cruiserweight final got announced at pretty short notice.

Then they were talking about not having the SMW final in UK? why would they even consider anywhere else when it's two British fighters?

Something isn't right..

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
          Yeah, something seems off. Strange when you consider the fighters before these finals all seemed to run smoothly but since then there's been date changes, potential location changes etc.

even the Cruiserweight final got announced at pretty short notice.

Then they were talking about not having the SMW final in UK? why would they even consider anywhere else when it's two British fighters?

Something isn't right..
          Yeah I always try to stress to the emotional fans, “follow the money”. The WBSS know that they have a good product, and most businesses lose money the first year regardless of hype. They recently signed a deal with DAZN to broadcast season 2, this is guaranteed money regardless of subscriptions brought in. Plus im sure RBF is paying a hefty price tag to get the cw final and two bouts in season 2 staged there. Hopefully they secure enough funds so that they don’t drop in quality going forward. I can see HBO throwing a large percent of their boxing budget @ the WBSS in 2020 if they can maintain their quality and continue to get significant names to compete in their tourneys

Comment

Working...
          X