Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be rooting for the underdogs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be rooting for the underdogs?

I’m pretty indifferent when it comes to these champions with the large and passionate fan bases (GGG, Canelo, AJ, etc..)

I like watching prospects and contenders more for some reason

anyway these fanboys have got me rooting for the upset in the high profile fights just to shut them up.

Anybody with me?

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
    I’m pretty indifferent when it comes to these champions with the large and passionate fan bases (GGG, Canelo, AJ, etc..)

I like watching prospects and contenders more for some reason

anyway these fanboys have got me rooting for the upset in the high profile fights just to shut them up.

Anybody with me?
    I'm not rooting for the upset because I wanna see the Canelo rematch and a BJS unification fight but I think Vanes is gonna bring everything he has. I expect him to get stopped but it's gonna be a firefight for a while I think.

Comment

I always cheer against Adonis Stevenson and Anthony Joshua.

Comment

I definitely know what you mean, seeing fanboys acting the clown makes me want to see them eat humble pie. And I do think that not rooting at least a little bit for the underdog is the sign of a guy with no soul, dramatic upsets are some of this sport's crowning moments.

It's not a hard and fast rule though, I can think of exceptions for sure. I didn't root for Khan against Canelo for instance and I doubt many other people did.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          I'm not rooting for the upset because I wanna see the Canelo rematch and a BJS unification fight but I think Vanes is gonna bring everything he has. I expect him to get stopped but it's gonna be a firefight for a while I think.
          Yeah I don’t think Van has a chance and there is no guarantee that Canelo fights G next anyway.

I think Van will definitely bring all he can and with G loosening a step it should be entertaining while it lasts.

The upset I wouldn’t be surprised with would be if Povotkin beats AJ if they fight next, and the funny thing is I like AJ but some of his fanatics bug me

Comment

I dont put any stock in what ppl say. Funny what sways ppl

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
              I dont put any stock in what ppl say. Funny what sways ppl
              I don’t put any stock in what people say either, I just like the damage control after their hero’s fall.

Like after pac got sparked by JMM.

The forums were unbelievably entertaining

Comment

I like it when cherry picks go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
                  I don’t put any stock in what people say either, I just like the damage control after their hero’s fall.

Like after pac got sparked by JMM.

The forums were unbelievably entertaining
                  Boxing thrives when fans follow certain boxers. Without that boxing dies. So doesnt bother me when boxers grow a fanbase. Whether its srl, odh, trinidad, chavez, mayweather, pac, GGG, hearns, canelo, AJ, etc. Thats what boxing for entertainment (on tv) has to have in order to stay on

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
                    Boxing thrives when fans follow certain boxers. Without that boxing dies. So doesnt bother me when boxers grow a fanbase. Whether its srl, odh, trinidad, chavez, mayweather, pac, GGG, hearns, canelo, AJ, etc. Thats what boxing for entertainment (on tv) has to have in order to stay on
                    It also doesn’t bother me when boxers have solid fan bases, but the fanatics are the ones that amuse me.

I’m a fan of the sport, I enjoy watching certain fighters more then others but at the end of the day all fighters can’t go on forever so there will always be someone else to watch, but certain fanatics after their hero falls they no longer follow the sport.

I just like watching a good fight no matter who is fighting.

The sport will never die because there will always be the next big thing

Comment

Working...
                    X