No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn Offers Wilder $12.5M flat.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    I think it's low. Also, fighters in these types of fights shouldn't accept flat fees. Pac didn't, Golovkin didn't, no reason for wilder to accept flat fee either.
    Hey no disrespect but you're talking about fights that did 4.5 and 2 million PPV buys here in America.

If I had to guess I'd say this fight would do like 500k tops. Bit of a difference there IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      Damn A side demands. Give me cold Stella or a frosted mug and we have a deal

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Lets break it down shall we?

12.5 Million after taxes we get around 6 million, but just for the sake of devil's advocate lets say Wilder manages to clear

8million

After paying all the people he needs to trainers, gym people, etc

Lets put him at 7 million.

I guess the real question is does 7 million do enough for him when this might be his biggest fight? Is the risk worth it?

If you are Wilder would you rather fight two more guys and take home a few million and let this fight build...Or do you just go for it and hope you do well enough?

If it was me I would have a rematch clause and take this, or a similar offer.

Regarding percentage versus flat fee: Keep in mind that Wilder is a boxer and not a salesman. I don't see guys promoting fights very well these days frankly. Do I want to risk flat sales? I don't know it would depend on what the numbers tell me.

Yes Oscar was being slick with Canelo but Canelo has always had a very large and loyal following. I don't know how much activity Joshua generates by comparison.
        Even in a loss , Wilder raises his stock higher .

He does so bc you dont go fighting for 12 million then back too 2 million . Thats not even including the rematch . He will be a huge name win or lose after the Joshua fights .

If he doesn't take the fight it says hes not confident and will be advised wrongly as usual and continue his 2 million paydays .

Im sure he will get over 13 million with the little stipulations involved , but its irrelevant in what i just posted .

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
          This is how it must have felt to deal with Floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
            Wilder does not have a left what the hell you talking about and he gets outjabbed by a spilka and ortiz ......you shouldnt let your nationality overide common sense lol
            Am a Brit, you sound too emotional too. Sometime you can discuss boxing and have different opinion without coming across as emotional. Wilder has a left that he flicks out and am just too wary of it than normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              Ward and Kovalev were drawing over 1 mil viewers in the US. How well did their fight do? Silly is saying this fight sells well in Vegas or on PPV in the US when there's zero evidence to support that.

i don;t think you have an idea of how easy it would be for wilder to become a star in the US. if this fifht gets signed and they set him up on a short media tour he'd be a fringe level household name overnight. he's without a doubt already more popular than andre ward. if you can't understand that wilder is more marketable than ward, and that the US has a built in market for a black, athletic, tall, loud HW champion with freak power you don't belong in this conversation!

Comment

• I'll fight them both at the same time for 12.5 mill. I might even train for a couple weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                  i don;t think you have an idea of how easy it would be for wilder to become a star in the US. if this fifht gets signed and they set him up on a short media tour he'd be a fringe level household name overnight. he's without a doubt already more popular than andre ward. if you can't understand that wilder is more marketable than ward, and that the US has a built in market for a black, athletic, tall, loud HW champion with freak power you don't belong in this conversation!
                  Oh boy are you deluded

Comment

• Originally posted by DJS View Post
                    Do people just believe anyone that tweets anything ?
                    Considering who the source of the tweet I'll take their word for it, you must be a fairweather fan who doesn't follow any type of sport journalism....

Comment

• Originally posted by thabanga510 View Post
                      If the fight is to make $100 million $12.5 is a lowball offer. Parker made $13 million for a fight that was probably a $40 million dollar fight.
                      I agree with this. If the fight makes 100 mill and im offered 12, that’s a fkin insult.

Comment

Working...
                      X