Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I Won't Accept Flat Fee; Now It's 50-50 for Joshua Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    You got that right. I like to talk boxing on here but if I want to say anything it has to be about Wilder, Hearn and AJ and who's fault it is the damn fight won't happen. There are almost no threads about anything else. I don't start threads. I just comment on threads that are already up. All you posters who do start threads please give this topic a rest. It is being talked to death and is getting old and boring. Everybody has already picked sides on who's to blame and nobody is changing their mind.

Not only threads made up by posters but also Boxing Scene constantly putting up articles about it.

This truly is the biggest fight in boxing now. All this will only add to the hype and the build up.

But I hear you, this thing is on over drive. Lol

Comment

This fight ain't gonna happen like EVER!!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        I don't really agree with that

FACT: Joshua is obviously avoiding that fight..... for now

but.....

Joshua can make more than he will be paid for Wilder by fighting 2 homeless people..... which is why he is avoiding Wilder

but Wilder would have to fight 10x to make more money than the Joshua fight will bring him

also..... Joshua has no problem fighting anyone else, he proved that by signing Povetkin next..... is it Wilder he wants no part of lol

if Wilder gets offered 35%, he should jump on it..... but, they are not offering him anywhere near that

ooops, nearly forgot.....

long live KING FURY !!
        The problem with Povetkin is who knows how many times he’s used PEDs for his previous fights without getting caught. He’s failed more than one drug test so all his wins in his career are questionable unfortunately.

And probably it would take 2 or 3 fights for Joshua to get what he could in 1 fight vs. Wilder, but still it just makes Joshua look like he’s ducking the fight which I personally think he is. One loss is all it takes for all that money he’s making to substantially go down a lot. I think Wilder has a strong chance of KOing Joshua. Joshua isn’t that great to me. I don’t know if it’s just me but he always just looks sluggish when he fights. Wilder isn’t that great himself but he at least has elite power. The Fury that beat Klitschko beats both of them by UD in my opinion.

Comment

AJ made all kinds of demands all which were met by wilder. Like you all say , AJ is the A side and if the A side wanted the fight it would have happened just like Canelo who was the A side made the GGG fight happen.

Comment

The Real Champ

This is what is so refreshing about Wilder. He is a throw back to the time fighters fought to prove they were the best. He is what a true heavyweight champion ought to be. Wilder is not all about money, he has plenty and a few million dollars more will support him very comfortably for the rest of his life. Now, for him, it is all about honor and not ducking anybody. All of you who continue to mock him and his genuineness are as phony as your protected so called champion Anthony Joshua. AJ's big money fights will have to happen in the UK because we here in America won't support him. In the end it will be Wilder who wins what really counts, the respect of decent people.

Comment

The fight was done when AJ didnt accept 50 mil to go to the US. Who does that? What champ doesnt go to the US and turns down his by far biggest payfay and fight? Extremely mind boggling anyway I dont suoport him anymord

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                This is what I don’t get, he said before this that “No more ducking, no more dodging “ he doesn’t care about the financials... and I believed him just like I believe the “Give me 50m” from AJ. Just like Lewis said if they wanted this fight then it would have been done,
                You just don't get it do you? Insult a man enough and he tends to want revenge. This is where Wilder is now. AJ better pray he never fights Wilder because I really do believe Wilder will do his best to ensure AJ is never again physically the same man. For some men honor trumps money.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
                  If this is true then the fight is never happening. Joshua will continue to make 15-20 million per fight and doesnt need the fight as badly as Wilder does financially. I really thought this thing was gonna happen when Wilder agreed to the fight in the UK. I feel.like Wilder should take the 15 million, knockout AJ, and then get the money he is looking for in the rematch.
                  Look, it is really stupid to talk about either man needing the fight for financial reasons. They both are quite well off financially at this point. Sure AJ has more money than Wilder but Wilder already has enough to live the type lifestyle he enjoys for the remainder of his life. How much money is enough? For some, no matter how wealthy they become it is not enough. What can Joshua do with $100 million that he can't do with $50 million? Have five homes instead of two, ten cars instead of five? Obviously Wilder is the more grounded of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
                    The problem with Povetkin is who knows how many times he’s used PEDs for his previous fights without getting caught. He’s failed more than one drug test so all his wins in his career are questionable unfortunately.

And probably it would take 2 or 3 fights for Joshua to get what he could in 1 fight vs. Wilder, but still it just makes Joshua look like he’s ducking the fight which I personally think he is. One loss is all it takes for all that money he’s making to substantially go down a lot. I think Wilder has a strong chance of KOing Joshua. Joshua isn’t that great to me. I don’t know if it’s just me but he always just looks sluggish when he fights. Wilder isn’t that great himself but he at least has elite power. The Fury that beat Klitschko beats both of them by UD in my opinion.

I don't think that is one of the main points, but you are correct..... unfortunately

and I would have to agree with everything else you said as well..... although the main points are.....

1) Joshua is clearly avoiding that fight..... FOR NOW

2) this is a short-term duck by Joshua, he will obviously take that fight when he is ready..... IF, it happens on his terms

my point about Povetkin was..... at least Joshua did not run off to fight Vanes

3) speaking of terms..... Wilder have to accept short money, possibly as little as 35%..... which is actually all he deserves, because the purse split is SOLELY determined by numbers

fans should be niggling Joshua, and asking him whats up..... despite the fact that they understand his position..... because he is clearly avoiding that fight

and fans should be supportive of Wilder, who made a genuine effort to fight the best

WAR Wilder !

WAR Joshua !

get it done you guys..... or I will have to change my nick to hurrythefkup, and then change it back to aboutfkntime, when the fight eventually gets made
                    Last edited by aboutfkntime; 06-29-2018, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DJrabit View Post
                      Wilder your not the A side . Joshua brings all the fans.
                      Not all the fans, just the 66 million or so in the UK not the 500 million in North America. AJ is in actuality the UK champion and not truly a world champion. I'll give credit though for being a wealthy UK champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X