Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder Now Saying He Will Only Ever Accept 50/50 Split - Pricing Himself Out Forever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    Wilder has two top 4 wins on his resume. AJ has zero. Povetkin will be the closest thing as most have him #3 or #4, although TBRB only has him #6. But being fair, I'd still consider Povetkin to be AJ's first top 4 win.
    You really are mad. You have no shame either. You're nothing but a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Yes Wilder is a big name in the US, for the right fight yes it will, being midday hurts the proposition a bit but it can still make money not like it is odd hours where people won't be up. They start a bit late in the UK like midnight which is 7 eastern time (4 west coast), they give Wilder those rights or a sizeable portion and the numbers will work for Wilder and it is on him to make it work in the US so no harm no foul and Joshua is pulling the lions share from the UK.

They wouldn't pay for Whyte to not let him fight in Bulgaria so, I find that laughable.

Joshua is pretty much maxing out UK money as it is, sure Fury is the real max but how much extra can really be rung out of that market, sure it is a great market and I am not downplaying that that fight does great business. Still it is pulling from one market, and it is not like there isn't money in the US plus Joshua should he beat Wilder gains long term in US money, he already has the UK market so he really gains little long term from beating Fury. I say the Wilder fight is worth more two markets is better than one and pretty much all the people that will buy a Fury fight in the UK will buy a Wilder fight so that difference is marginal at best.

It is ok to say Wlder is a great option for Joshua and that he will eventually has to see him logically if he wants to make the most money and Wilder will get paid handsomely for this fight. I don't get why that is so hard for some to say or comprehend?
      They start at 10:30 latest in the U.K, they won't get a licence past 12, no way, no boxing event of that magnitude ever has.

Like I said before, the Fury fight is the biggest the UK has ever seen, it will be huge! don't be surprised if it does 4 million buys by next summer, it really has everything. Hearn has also been keeping ticket prices down, with a 2.5k cap on ringside, expect that to double for a super fight with the demand... that goes for Wilder as well (Wilder's team will be ****ed with a flat fee with a big build-up)..... a Fury/Joshua fight brings the UK to a standstill, not a Wilder fight.

Hearn beat Pulev's promoter. Whyte would have got his money from PPV and the gate, you don't bid more than that when you have to give the other fighter 75%!... come on, that's a dumb argument. The Parker fight is bigger than any Wilder fight, he has beef with Joshua, another huge fight, not as big as Wilder yeah, but big.

Joshua is not maxing out money in the UK at all, the tickets are cheap and he's filling out stadiums, he could sell 200k tickets easily..... 2.5k ring side lol ..... maybe he's happy making that "max" amount and doesn't need any more? he's only had 22 fights and has made more than any other fighter in history after that amount!

If you don't think people would pay 4/5 times the current p[rices of tickets for a Wilder or Fury then you are mistaken.... the could probably stick another £5 on the PPV price as well.

Comment

Sad thing is AJ will still make in the 8 digits fighting respectable opposition in packed Stadiums... In the mean time Jennifer will go back to her backyard setting up Saturday afternoon WWE mockups on mattresses for peanuts... She'll never learn...

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
          You really are mad. You have no shame either. You're nothing but a joke.
          Lol

I'm pretty sure Klitschko and Parker are 2 top 4 wins for Joshua.

#IJS

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
            Wilder only makes money in the US if it has Joshua attached. Outside of him, he brings **** all. Not really worth talking about actually.
            He is making millions per fight so I think he is doing just fine, and his wages are increasing so he is doing fine there too.

Joshua is obviously doing better but it is not like Wilder is hurting that badly.

Wilder is more known in the US than Joshua and if Joshua actually wants to increase his earnings fighting Wilder is a must because Joshua can earn a lot of US dollars if he wants to on top of the Pounds he earns. Fighting on DAZN certainly won't increase his profile across the pond. I assume Joshua doesn't have this good enough mindset since he is a fighter and fighters if they are to achieve long term success have to have that desire to always want more, if Joshua doesn't have that he will get beat pretty soon and should stay away from a hungry puncher like Wilder.

IF you don't get that why is it worth talking to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
              I don't know why you fan boys think that.
              That's the thing, they don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                They start at 10:30 latest in the U.K, they won't get a licence past 12, no way, no boxing event of that magnitude ever has.

Like I said before, the Fury fight is the biggest the UK has ever seen, it will be huge! don't be surprised if it does 4 million buys by next summer, it really has everything. Hearn has also been keeping ticket prices down, with a 2.5k cap on ringside, expect that to double for a super fight with the demand... that goes for Wilder as well (Wilder's team will be ****ed with a flat fee with a big build-up)..... a Fury/Joshua fight brings the UK to a standstill, not a Wilder fight.

Hearn beat Pulev's promoter. Whyte would have got his money from PPV and the gate, you don't bid more than that when you have to give the other fighter 75%!... come on, that's a dumb argument. The Parker fight is bigger than any Wilder fight, he has beef with Joshua, another huge fight, not as big as Wilder yeah, but big.

Joshua is not maxing out money in the UK at all, the tickets are cheap and he's filling out stadiums, he could sell 200k tickets easily..... 2.5k ring side lol ..... maybe he's happy making that "max" amount and doesn't need any more? he's only had 22 fights and has made more than any other fighter in history after that amount!

If you don't think people would pay 4/5 times the current p[rices of tickets for a Wilder or Fury then you are mistaken.... the could probably stick another £5 on the PPV price as well.
                I swear when I watched Joshua Parker it started at like 7 eastern time not the whole event that fight.

Joshua_Fury is a big fight that will make a lot of money in the UK I don't really doubt that, I just find that Joshua Wilder will end up bigger overall due to more markets being involved and boxing fans in the UK will be very interested in a Wilder fight also, so while a Fury fight may earn more from a purely UK perspective will it earn more than that overall amount a Wilder brings. I would go with the Wilder option. And keep in mind Fury certainly isn't coming cheap either, that could be real hard to make.

Whyte isn't that big a deal and a rematch with Joshua even less so. It can be done and do alright but it is not going to do some amazing business it is a stay busy proposition, average money at best all coming from Joshua. The Parker fight is not that big a deal either.

If he isn't maxing out then Joshua and his team are messing up and need to be playing to max out the sooner the better but I feel he generally is maxing out UK. He is pulling all he can from that market and will continue to do so with some increases for bigger fights but for run of the mill fights.

Have you ever heard the saying "if you aren't getting better you are getting worse?" Contentedness and complacency is literally the worst thing for a top end fighter other than a self destructive personality, I assume Joshua wants more because he is a fighter, if he doesn't that is a big red flag to his long term success.
                Last edited by The Gambler1981; 06-29-2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  Wilders stock is growing big time in the USA. I’d argue he’s top 3 in terms of popularity right now. If that keeps growing then it’s safe to say that AJ will be knocking on Wilder’s door. Unless British fans really do consider the IBO an all important fourth belt
                  As it goes, in two years Joshua will be begging for 50/50. There are some guys in this thread wanting to know more than people at forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianma...ready-for-ppv/

Comment

Just forget about the fight then

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                      Don't worry, your not the first AJ ball sucker that I destroyed and you won't be the last!

Your just like your hero, a ***** @$$ coward who rather let another man talk for him!.

Wilder was done wrong by Team AJ, good luck to Edwards Hearns trying to sign a top notch USA star now!
                      You actually don't destroy anyone. Nothing of what you say is rational. You're mad. It's just a load of insults that are at most laughable. But you deluded yourself otherwise. It's because you come from a country that is one big mental asylum. We just laugh at you and your simple ways. Haha.

Comment

Working...
                      X