No announcement yet.

RUSH, 2112 one of the best albums evero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] RUSH, 2112 one of the best albums evero

i love RUSH.. I got a Tshirt from a concert...

how the f are canadians producing good music like this.

also...
    the guess who... guess who.. American Woman.. they had the fuccccccking stones to play this at the white house after reportedly promising the first lady not to play AMERICAN Woman.. War machine.. America is great at WAR.. numero uno.. number one..

even without butler and his rocket science.... American War Machine.. Mean Machine.

I love Rush too. 2112 was great.

Hemipheres and Moving Pictures are my favorite Rush albums.

Comment

Fly by Night was my first record (actually an 8-track). "By-Tor & the Snow Dog" was an early concert favorite.

Caress of Steel of Steel was my 1st vinyl record.

First concert was on the 2112 tour.
      Last edited by TJ highway; 10-13-2019, 05:48 PM.

Comment

I'm Canadian. Did not like Rush when I first heard them. I didn't appreciate them untill the last few years. They are amazing. Each guy is a virtuoso but they don't flaunt it at the expense of their compositions.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          I'm Canadian. Did not like Rush when I first heard them. I didn't appreciate them untill the last few years. They are amazing. Each guy is a virtuoso but they don't flaunt it at the expense of their compositions.

you canadians know how to rock... i threw out some syrup from vermont.. i go canadian maple all day..

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
            Fly by Night was my first record (actually an 8-track). "By-Tor & the Snow Dog" was an early concert favorite.

Caress of Steel of Steel was my 1st vinyl record.

First concert was on the 2112 tour.
            now we talking... rock on brother..

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              i love RUSH.. I got a Tshirt from a concert...

how the f are canadians producing good music like this.

also...
              the guess who... guess who.. American Woman.. they had the fuccccccking stones to play this at the white house after reportedly promising the first lady not to play AMERICAN Woman.. War machine.. America is great at WAR.. numero uno.. number one..

even without butler and his rocket science.... American War Machine.. Mean Machine.
              Yeah, I discovered Rush in the 90s, when they made a comeback with a new album then when I was in college. Triumph is also a good band out of Canada but they're more simple one riff hard rock. American Girls and Lay it on the Line are two of my favorites of theirs.

Comment

Great musicians, right there in my era too, just never could stomach Geddy's singing.
                Ruined it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
                  Great musicians, right there in my era too, just never could stomach Geddy's singing.
                  Ruined it for me.
                  Geddy's voice is unique.??

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    Geddy's voice is unique.??
                    Yea, true Rush fans overlooked it. I can't deny, the playing was levels above a lot of other bands at the time, just that his timbre grated on me.

Great songwriting too.

Comment

Working...
                    X