No announcement yet.

Koki Inoue - Future World Champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koki Inoue - Future World Champ

So by now im sure every1 on this forum knows of the wrecking ball that is Naoya Inoue, his sharpshooter accuracy accompanied by brutal power has the Bantamweight division cowering in fear, Most of you are also aware of Naoyas brother Takuma who also is fighting at Bantamweight, while he doesnt have Naoyas power and killer instict he definetly is also a very skilled boxer

But one boxer that i see nearly noone talking about is Naoyas and Takumas cousin Koki Inoue (14-0 11KOs), he grew up with the Inoue brothers and are also trained by the brothers dad Shingo Inoue, aswell as fighting out of the same gym (Ohashi Gym in Yokohama)

Now he isnt being moved at the same pace as Naoya but he is approaching title contention pretty soon and like the brothers, also possess a high level of skill and has a nice blend of power, speed and accuracy, he is also a natural southpaw and fights out of a bigger weight class then his cousins, he is right now campaigning @ super lightweight and hes 5'9 tall so hes in a division thats more appealing then the lighter divisions.

So i posted this to see if you guys have watched him fight and if so what do u think of his chances @ world level? i think he looks promising but its a bit early to tell

heres his last fight where he defended his national japanese title:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=9YZq6hyrDiM

heres his boxrec profile:
    http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/739711

Serious question and it might be a dumb one but is the japanese title thought of as prestigous? seems like the british/commonwealth is looked at as prestigous in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by Oxbig951 View Post
      Serious question and it might be a dumb one but is the japanese title thought of as prestigous? seems like the british/commonwealth is looked at as prestigous in the UK
      I mean its more prestigious then the uk titles since the competition is tougher but its like a stepping stone before the world title level, either ur good enough for a world title or youll be stuck @ japanese title level

Comment

Working...
      X