No announcement yet.

Is Boxing in Australia dead?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Boxing in Australia dead?

Is Boxing in Australia dead at the moment?

You have Billy Dib who gets beaten whenever he fights outside of Australia and then you have Anthony Mundine who gets smashed by Joshua Clottey. The only fighter I see who has a chance at being world class is Daniel Geale, who doesn't seem to be at that world class level yet. Is there anyone on the world stage who's Australian?
    Last edited by Adrien_Boner; 06-07-2014, 07:22 PM. Reason: Daniel Geale

Yes, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrien_Boner View Post

You have Billy Dib who gets beaten whenever he fights outside of Australia and then you have Anthony Mundine who gets smashed by Joshua Clottey. The only fighter I see who has a chance at being world class is Daniel Geale, who doesn't seem to be at that world class level yet. Is there anyone on the world stage who's Australian?
      Yes,it's going down under!

Comment

Originally posted by Adrien_Boner View Post

Boxing hardly gets a mention in the aussie media these days, its in a very sad state and I cant see it changing for a long time.

Comment

Vic is the only fighter today who's been genuinely great. The rest...

Comment

Just look at this thread

Comment

Vic was hardly mentioned by the media though.. Mundine got mentioned by the news a fair bit but no one cares about him since Clottey demolished him.

Comment

Originally posted by helloimanton View Post
                Vic was hardly mentioned by the media though.. Mundine got mentioned by the news a fair bit but no one cares about him since Clottey demolished him.
                According to Boxrec Vic officially represents Armenia unlike Bika or others who have moved to Australia to start their pro careers.

Comment

Never. There must be someone to carry the torch from Katsidis.

Comment

No. Not after Saturaday night it won't be. AND NEW!

Comment

Working...
                    X