Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keith Thurman to Spence: I see you young buck. Be patient. Your time is coming.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    It's insane how little respect Thurman gets on this board. The kid beat Porter, outboxed fan favorite Garcia, is undefeated and has taken on all challenges.

Yet some fools still call him names and claim he's ducking even though everyone else knows he's been injured and hasn't fought in a long time.
    garcias a fan favorite? he sucks. hasn't done diddly squat at welterweight and even got beat up by peterson. that was a "people know this guy" win, not a substantive one.

all thurman has to say is spence you are next! lets make the fight. but instead he keeps making up excuses and saying maybe in 2019 wtf is that? even if you are scared at least pretend you aren't. boxing fans have been so conditioned to accept bullsh-it. if he wants a tune up go hop on any pbc card and get a 8 or 10 round tune up against low level compeition. instead the "tune ups" are massive events that take 4 months to promote and he makes millions off of.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      garcias a fan favorite? he sucks. hasn't done diddly squat at welterweight and even got beat up by peterson. that was a "people know this guy" win, not a substantive one.

all thurman has to say is spence you are next! lets make the fight. but instead he keeps making up excuses and saying maybe in 2019 wtf is that? even if you are scared at least pretend you aren't. boxing fans have been so conditioned to accept bullsh-it. if he wants a tune up go hop on any pbc card and get a 8 or 10 round tune up against low level compeition. instead the "tune ups" are massive events that take 4 months to promote and he makes millions off of.
      I completely disagree.

I think the honesty is refreshing - "I have been out injured, I need to get back in the ring, I then most likely have a mandatory against Porter, and once I've done that I'll fight him". The fact that he literally says "I am not ready to fight him", makes it even more refreshing.

In a sport full of insecure fighters and insecure fans, we need more Thurman's. But the fact that you think he should 'pretend' and front it out, to me encapsulates everything wrong with boxing today.

Do you really think Thurman is scared?

I think he realises its a dangerous fight, not a fight that you take until its a big fight, a unification fight, and that is what it is now, so I think as soon as he gets through his obligations, it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        I completely disagree.

I think the honesty is refreshing - "I have been out injured, I need to get back in the ring, I then most likely have a mandatory against Porter, and once I've done that I'll fight him". The fact that he literally says "I am not ready to fight him", makes it even more refreshing.

In a sport full of insecure fighters and insecure fans, we need more Thurman's. But the fact that you think he should 'pretend' and front it out, to me encapsulates everything wrong with boxing today.

I think he realises its a dangerous fight, not a fight that you take until its a big fight, a unification fight, and that is what it is now, so I think as soon as he gets through his obligations, it happens.
        I agree with you. Keith has come out and said "I'm not ready". When he's ready there will be a Thurman vs Spence fight. Keith has already taken on back to back top challenges and even then he was injured for Garcia and coming back from a car wreck injury for Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
          incase you haven't been paying attention. thurman is out with an injury
          Incase you haven't been paying attention, the issue is Thruman is making it clear he does not want to fight Spence AFTER the tune up he has coming up.

Seems he wants 2 or 3 more fights before making the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildstalker View Post
            Keef just called Errol a young buck on his twitter lol.

https://twitter.com/keithfthurmanjr?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Keith is making a miscalculation. Come this time 2019 it's gonna be Keith asking Spence for the fight. Spence's stock is rising fast and Keith's is falling due to his inactivity. Spence just said he's about to announce another fight. Showtime is now looking at Spence as the next Mayweather, not Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              They're about the same age and Keith is running out of reasons not to fight him.
              Keith is fighting Vargas in April. If he wins, then he's fighting Shawn Porter. If he wins, then he's fighting Spence in early March 2019 on CBS.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Keith is making a miscalculation. Come this time 2019 it's gonna be Keith asking Spence for the fight. Spence's stock is rising fast and Keith's is falling due to his inactivity. Spence just said he's about to announce another fight. Showtime is now looking at Spence as the next Mayweather, not Thurman.

Showtime said they have a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT on Wednesday.
                Probably his fight and everyone else sitting in the stands at the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                  Showtime said they have a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT on Wednesday.
                  Probably his fight and everyone else sitting in the stands at the fight.
                  Who do you think he's fighting? Vargas and Thurman are fighting. Porter is hurt. Garcia and Rios are fighting. Crawford is fighting Horn. Think he might go up to 154 for one fight? Or maybe Broner? lol

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    I completely disagree.

Finally someone that speaks with a boxing fan sense, something lacking in many here. I want this fight too but I want it when both are at their best. Right now Thurman isn’t at his best, coming back from a shoulder injury he would be a ****** to jump right in with Spence, so that doesn’t mean he is ducking Spence.

I was hoping for that fight to happen by the end of this year, but if not am willing to wait for 2019, the only thing is by that time Spence is going to be the man, he would have made enough of his name to make Thurman chase him and not the other way round.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      Who do you think he's fighting? Vargas and Thurman are fighting. Porter is hurt. Garcia and Rios are fighting. Crawford is fighting Horn. Think he might go up to 154 for one fight? Or maybe Broner? lol
                      Probably the winner of Ray Robinson-Ugas (is that an IBF Eleminator) or Luis Collazo.

None of the big names or available.

Comment

Working...
                      X