No announcement yet.

Hearn's First Show Oct 6 in Chicago, Andrade and Vargas Headlining

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
    Other sports. Sports programming. And all cards remain hosted.
    What other sports? US sports fans could careless about European soccer or Japanese baseball. Bellator is full of old UFC rejects fighting each other. DAZN might sound good to subscribers not from the US who don't have access to US based sports leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
      A year has 52 weeks with month having at least 30 days. 32 fight dates for Hearn and 21 for WSSB. That's at least 53 days that there will be boxing on DAZN for a few hours. Is it really worth signing up for DAZN when I will at the most only use the app 52 times or less in a year? I pay for DirectTV, Netflix, Spotify because I used those daily not just one Saturday of the week for a few hours.
      Lucky you can cancel any time you want and sign up for any month you want.....

Whoops.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        Stop with this BS about not caring about boxing. Look, you Brits are very loyal and allow Hearn to get away with crap cards, but that doesn't fly stateside. If you aren't producing good boxing, you will get called out on it. If Hearn was trying to put Andrade through two tune ups then that would have been terrible. I mean I guess would be fine since he hasn't fought in a year, but that's his fault no one else's. Not like he missed time due to an injury. And he could have been on this card this Saturday.
        We have multiple promoters here delivering events, also, your fans are shi te. the U.S fans have just never experienced a massive event accessible to the average person, your big boxing events are limited to the 1% and celebrities in Vegas.

In fact, I respect Wilder for giving back to his fans in Alabama btw, that's what a real champ does..... even if the opposition was ****, the showtime subscribers still tuned in, all 800,000 of them.....

The U.S fans are all entitled and fickle, who cares if they call out any one? they will still defend their own for trash fights.... Spence, Wilder + 39 fights etc etc

If Hearn brings affordable boxing to more U.S cities then who exactly is losing? You need to wake up and stop getting screwed for watching boxing, and you should welcome boxing going round the whole U.S, not just either coast.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
          We have multiple promoters here delivering events, also, your fans are shi te. the U.S fans have just never experienced a massive event accessible to the average person, your big boxing events are limited to the 1% and celebrities in Vegas.

In fact, I respect Wilder for giving back to his fans in Alabama btw, that's what a real champ does..... even if the opposition was ****, the showtime subscribers still tuned in, all 800,000 of them.....

The U.S fans are all entitled and fickle, who cares if they call out any one? they will still defend their own for trash fights.... Spence, Wilder + 39 fights etc etc

If Hearn brings affordable boxing to more U.S cities then who exactly is losing? You need to wake up and stop getting screwed for watching boxing, and you should welcome boxing going round the whole U.S, not just either coast.
          Ha! Honest question, if Wilder/Joshua takes place in the US, do you think it will be accessible to the average joe? Hell no, it is going to be heavily priced just like any other big fight. Hearn will want to make as much money as possible from that fight and won't have the same pricing that he does for AJ fights in the UK.

And plenty of fighters fight in their hometown here. You have it twisted. The pricing for non-mega fights or PPV fights aren't ba at all. Spence just fought in Dallas, Wilder in Alabama, LSC in LA, Crawford in Ohama etc.

You have it twisted. UK fans will defend trash, not fans here in the states. If you sell BS, you will get ripped and have to hear about it.

I like the fact Hearn is bringing boxing to more cities. Never said otherwise.

Hearn with DAZN is also making boxing more expensive in the states. So we have to pay around 15 bucks for HBO, 14 bucks for SHO, 5 bucks for ESPN+ and now 10 bucks for DAZN? Yeah, while you guys in the UK pay 25-28 bucks for both Boxnation and Sky sports? Different market. And just because I will pay for it, doesn't mean many others will. Forget the fact they don't have other great content, right now they just don't have any great fighter or star. For that price for SHO, you get big name fighters and other great shows like Billions and The Chi.

UK fans while being very loyal need to stop selling themselves so short. Need more self respect and need to stop allowing mismatches from their top guys.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            they have hugely popular sports teams. blackhawks and cubs are insanely popular, i'm in chicago all the time and the people really love those teams. bulls used to be, too. 4-5 million people showed up for the cubs world series parade!
            Why don't people understand this? Not just sports teams but Chicago has a great nightlife. It's hard for boxing to break into big cities when there are so many other things competing for your entertainment dollar. It took PBC 2 years to build boxing in Brooklyn.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              Ha! Honest question, if Wilder/Joshua takes place in the US, do you think it will be accessible to the average joe? Hell no, it is going to be heavily priced just like any other big fight. Hearn will want to make as much money as possible from that fight and won't have the same pricing that he does for AJ fights in the UK.

And plenty of fighters fight in their hometown here. You have it twisted. The pricing for non-mega fights or PPV fights aren't ba at all. Spence just fought in Dallas, Wilder in Alabama, LSC in LA, Crawford in Ohama etc.

You have it twisted. UK fans will defend trash, not fans here in the states. If you sell BS, you will get ripped and have to hear about it.

I like the fact Hearn is bringing boxing to more cities. Never said otherwise.

Hearn with DAZN is also making boxing more expensive in the states. So we have to pay around 15 bucks for HBO, 14 bucks for SHO, 5 bucks for ESPN+ and now 10 bucks for DAZN? Yeah, while you guys in the UK pay 25-28 bucks for both Boxnation and Sky sports? Different market. And just because I will pay for it, doesn't mean many others will. Forget the fact they don't have other great content, right now they just don't have any great fighter or star. For that price for SHO, you get big name fighters and other great shows like Billions and The Chi.

UK fans while being very loyal need to stop selling themselves so short. Need more self respect and need to stop allowing mismatches from their top guys.
              Thanks for proving my point.... and AJ has stepped up faster than any HW in history lol

Why is a big fight priced so high? even though the home fighter has never got any exposure? purely on the UK vs US angle and the belts on the line..... if you're being honest, Wilder is a protected champ with the worst HW champ CV in history, and AJ is a 21 fight novice that has became a big star without breaking the U.S. It's irrelevant, AJ has said for a long time that he wants an undisputed in the UK for the fans (I don't care what he said about the $50million)

I'm not saying there aren't fights in other areas of the U.S, just that they are ****, and they make less money than an equivalent fight in the U.K (that's fact). Spence won his title and then has fought twice against poor opponents in the U.S.... and he's getting older every day, how long will he make 147 before he turns into Brook? I think he can go another year, and so do his opponents. brook made more for his comeback than Spence did in a defence lol Wilder and Crawford are prime examples of what I am talking about regarding exposure and money (are you being serious here?)

The UK fans don't have any more mismatches than the U.S. Your top fighters like Spence,Wilder and Crawford are a joke, fighting in tiny events and being watched by less than 1 million people, that is a joke. josh Taylor who is with Mcguigan has better views than those guys! absolutely shocking!

What 50/50 fights have you had involving U.S fighters recently? then I'll tell you the U.K fighters that have been in 50/50 fights or stepped up.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                ESPN FNF came to Chicago regularly before the top rank deal

I'm definitely going to this event though when is it going on sale?
                Yeah I went to 3 FNF there over the years. The only bigger fight I saw there was Diaz-Malignaggi II in 09. Glad to see they are bringing it back, I'll be going to it too.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                  A year has 52 weeks with month having at least 30 days. 32 fight dates for Hearn and 21 for WSSB. That's at least 53 days that there will be boxing on DAZN for a few hours. Is it really worth signing up for DAZN when I will at the most only use the app 52 times or less in a year? I pay for DirectTV, Netflix, Spotify because I used those daily not just one Saturday of the week for a few hours.
                  yeah but a decade has eleven years

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                    Thanks for proving my point.... and AJ has stepped up faster than any HW in history lol

Why is a big fight priced so high? even though the home fighter has never got any exposure? purely on the UK vs US angle and the belts on the line..... if you're being honest, Wilder is a protected champ with the worst HW champ CV in history, and AJ is a 21 fight novice that has became a big star without breaking the U.S. It's irrelevant, AJ has said for a long time that he wants an undisputed in the UK for the fans (I don't care what he said about the $50million)

I'm not saying there aren't fights in other areas of the U.S, just that they are ****, and they make less money than an equivalent fight in the U.K (that's fact). Spence won his title and then has fought twice against poor opponents in the U.S.... and he's getting older every day, how long will he make 147 before he turns into Brook? I think he can go another year, and so do his opponents. brook made more for his comeback than Spence did in a defence lol Wilder and Crawford are prime examples of what I am talking about regarding exposure and money (are you being serious here?)

The UK fans don't have any more mismatches than the U.S. Your top fighters like Spence,Wilder and Crawford are a joke, fighting in tiny events and being watched by less than 1 million people, that is a joke. josh Taylor who is with Mcguigan has better views than those guys! absolutely shocking!

What 50/50 fights have you had involving U.S fighters recently? then I'll tell you the U.K fighters that have been in 50/50 fights or stepped up.
                    What are you talking about why are big fights priced so high? Um, because that results in more revenue generated? Big fights are for the high level gamblers and for the pure rich. Don't expect Hearn to all of a sudden price Wilder vs Joshua in Vegas like he does in the UK. That will never happen. I mean because UK PPVs are like 25 bucks, do you think he will do the same here in the states? HELL NO. Wilder vs Joshua will be for 70-75 bucks like Canelo vs GGG.

Brook made more in his comeback than Spence? Oh yeah, please do tell me how much Brook made? And how much Spence made? Spoiler alert, you have no idea what Spence made because the reported purse is never close to the actual purse.....and Spence made money off the live gate plus merchandise sales. If all Brits are getting paid so much, why did Degale and Selby end up going to Haymon? I mean since supposedly everyone gets paid so much, what was the point of that? Why was Hearn saying Haymon is killing boxing with his ridiculous purses? Exactly.....Joshua became a monster superstar no doubt, and is one of a kind. But lets not act like everyone in the UK is like him, or close to him.

Why were fights from Wilder/Spence/Crawford at their hometowns *****? Are you talking about the actual quality or them fighting at home? If you are talking about quality, well, Crawford's first fight at home was what made him into a star against Gamboa. He fought Horn in Vegas btw. Spence made his mandatory defense, and people were still ticked because O'campo did nothing to deserve a mandatory shot in the first place. Sorry, but folks weren't going crazy here because he KOd a nobody. That stuff doesn't get praised here. Understand he had no choice with the mando, but keep it moving. And Spence can't force fighters to fight him. So he went the keep busy route in 2018. His fight vs Peterson still put 12k at the Barclays. Spence is becoming a rising star.

And being watched by less than a million people? That's if they are fighting on SHO or HBO, if they fought on terrestrial television or ESPN, they aren't doing less than a million. But okay, if they are doing less than a million, how much do you think they will be doing on DAZN? You know a platform that has exactly zero subscribers right now. When it launches, how many people here in the states will be watching Andrade or Vargas or Roman?

What 50/50 fights involving US fighters? Or fight 50/50 fights in the US? And why would you list UK 50/50 fights? The whole point was WE RIP PROMOTERS AND NETWORKS THAT GIVE US MISMATCHES. Do you think people are saying oh hey, we got to watch boxing on ESPN when Arum puts on Zurdo vs a can, or Ramirez vs a bum (that was the headliner), or Prograis vs Velasco.

The point wasn't there aren't mismatches in the states, it's just that they aren't respected nor defended. While your whole premise was at least you guys get 40+ boxing cards!!!!! Remember, I'm the one that argued quality over quantity not you. You were the one that said we should be happy that we will be getting more boxing.

And what SHO has done this year kills what Matchroom has done by far.

Wilder/Ortiz, Hurd/Lara, LSC/Mares, Jack/Stevenson, GRJ/Diaz, Garcia/Lipinets, Easter Jr/Fortuna, Broner/Vargas, Joshua/Parker (Matchroom fight aired live on SHO), Charlo/Trout, etc. So these are the fights we are getting for $13 bucks a month PLUS other great shows on SHO. So I better be getting more than just "more boxing" with DAZN for it to be worth 10 bucks a month.
                    Last edited by KTFOKING; 07-17-2018, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X