Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Confident He Would Have Done a Job on Canelo, Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
    nanana.... like I said, he had the ability to ko ONE crap titlist Lemmy at the height of his powers, as his best capability.
    This is no indication of how he would do against an elite, the next level.
    I wouldn't even say he was at the height of his powers at that time. I personally think he peaked in 2013 but he unfortunately wasn't a big enough name yet. And would Froch actually be considered elite? He wasn't the hardest guy to outbox, he was just tough as ****. Could he catch Golovkin with a big shot? Sure he could. Would it KO him, could he keep landing that right hand? Possible. Obviously we'll never know. But it isn't out of the realm of possibilities that Golovkin could outbox him for 12.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
      I wouldn't even say he was at the height of his powers at that time. I personally think he peaked in 2013 but he unfortunately wasn't a big enough name yet. And would Froch actually be considered elite? He wasn't the hardest guy to outbox, he was just tough as ****. Could he catch Golovkin with a big shot? Sure he could. Would it KO him, could he keep landing that right hand? Possible. Obviously we'll never know. But it isn't out of the realm of possibilities that Golovkin could outbox him for 12.
      its not about what we say though, its about what GGG does.
      and that means crap titlist Lemmy by KO was the height of his abiity so far.
      Thats equivalent to Billie Joe shutting Lemmy out.

Whereas Froch has beaten crap titlists for sure, but also went one above with kessler, taylor, bute. Even groves x2 were perhaps better wins, or perhaps on par, like Pascal.

GGG and Froch are blatantly in different leagues, though 3G would give him a good contest.
      Last edited by DreamFighter; 11-19-2019, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Whereas Froch has beaten crap titlists for sure, but also went one above with kessler, taylor, bute. Even groves x2 were perhaps better wins, or perhaps on par, like Pascal.

GGG and Froch are blatantly in different leagues, though 3G would give him a good contest.
        And based off what I've seen of both fighters, I still think Golovkin could beat Froch. Simple as that, assuming, like I said before, that the fight happened in 2014/2015.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
          And based off what I've seen of both fighters, I still think Golovkin could beat Froch. Simple as that, assuming, like I said before, that the fight happened in 2014/2015.
          you can assume anything you want, pattern there.

Comment

you can assume anything you want, pattern there.
            Kind of hard to do otherwise in a scenario we'll never know the outcome to.

Comment

like I said earlier...

there is nothing to indicate that Golovkin would have taken that fight

and there is nothing to indicate that he would have won it

Comment

Originally posted by megh50 View Post
                The fight was fought in Nottingham. Bute actually travelled there. If Jacobs could take GGG all the way, so could Froch. And this stat speaks for itself with GGG. When an opponent can hit back, he will go rounds with GGG. Even Lemieux took him to 8 and Murray took him to 11. Froch had a reach and size advantage over him. How many of GGG's fights have you seen that happen in?
                Damn ur right it was in Nottingham. I know I watched it live, it must have been a matinee over here shown in the afternoon. Still somehow in my brain it’s hard wired that we must have dragged Froch to fight in Montreal. Honestly it’s a fight I saw once and never thought of again, until now. I love that we can support our fighters and they can make a good living in our boxing Mecca of Quebec. I’m a west coaster, we get nothing over here though. Still I think our top guys need to travel to get that experience and confidence if we want to try and make a true champion. That’s truly a Mandela effect for me assuming our top guy got rubbished at home. So partial credit for Bute actually travelling, but that’s it. But ur right Froch really is one tough dude. He’s prolly underrated as far as his perceived ability with the fans, but like most boxers he’s prolly overrated in his mind. That can lend to an over correction in push back to his comments. Nobody has an easy time with Froch. I’m no GGG hugger, I think one of the “G’s” stands for “Garbage”, but at one point I even admired his footwork and cutting off the ring. I’d love to have seen them fight, and I revise my opinion to the fight going the distance and being close either way.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Froch didn't travel to Canada to beat Froch. Bute went to the UK for that fight.
                  Right. I know I saw it live. I’ve never thought of the fight since I first watched it. Still in my Mandela effect mind I remember/assume we must have dragged Froch here to just to get our butts kicked. I’m impressed Bute travelled but that’s about it. If it went the distance we coulda prolly robbed Froch in Canada, not that I’d be close to proud of that.

Comment

Working...
                  X